Dak lost this game

plymkr

Reaction score
I don't think Dak is a top 5 QB, but he is solidly in the next tier. New throwing motion last year elevated his game. Look at some of his throws today, hitting WRs in stride so that they could make YAC. That was really inconsistent years 1-3, and now the bad throw is rare.
Good point, I did notice his accuracy was a little better today. He hit receivers in stride and they were able to score and get some yards. Devin Smith 40 yarder for a TD is the perfect example of that. Like I said earlier, he played like everyone else on the team, made plays to put us in the position to win and made plays that cost us the win. If I had to rank the most disappointing players today I'd go:
1. Pollard- we had the momentum and he screwed up, terrible play for score and momentum
2. Elliott- just a non factor
3. Our whole defense, pretty much everyone not named Aldon Smith.
4. Zuerlein- I can't remember the last time someone missed 2 extra points in a game
5. Dak- Dak's TO's were part his fault and part bad offensive line play. It's not like he had a clean pocket to throw but he also made bad plays. Wilson gets hit while throwing and hangs onto the ball, Dak coughs it up. One is elite the other is above average.
6. Refs- I am so done with every swing call going against us. How much longer is the league going to punish Jerry for his deals with Nike and Pepsi from 1995. Sick of it.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The organization is going to pay him and the only way he wins people like you over is winning a SB.

Not getting there..

but winning it...

It is NOT obvious he doesn’t deserve the money he was asking for and he would have gotten it but for the disagreement over the length if the contract. What world are you living in that QBs who can throws for 5,000 years and 30+ TDs with a great QBR are so easily replaced?

Narnia?

I would settle for just being able to beat some good teams

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Then what do you do when that QB most likely ends up being worst than Prescott? So you’d intentionally downgrade at the most important position in sports?Glad you aren’t running the Cowboys

How do you know he would be worse? Wasn't Dak a 4th round comp pick? At some point if Dak can't get you there you have to make a change and go another route...

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
That last drive of the 1st half and 1st drive of the 2nd half were inexcusable turnovers. If that was Wentz you guys would be laughing your *** off screaming he sucks. Daks two terrible TO’s cost this team 14 points and a win. The only difference in this game was they had an elite QB and we didn’t.

There’s zero doubt those two drives defined the game. Absolute zero doubt. You hear all the time about how the great times make the most of those moments. They drive down the field to end the half, start the second half with the ball and score, and completely take control of the game.

Dak changed the entire course of the game by committing those consecutive turnovers.

The good news is we’ve got 13 weeks to figure our **** out. From fumbling kickoffs to dropping passes to turning the ball over, we’ve got so much room to improve when we have the ball in our hands.

And that doesn’t even take into account for the mess on defense.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I would settle for just being able to beat some good teams

Yeah that’s horse****. People like you blame him for every loss and give him little no credit for wins.

If Dak is not on this team today we get our doors blown off lol. I’ve seen you haters actually make statements that Dalton could have thrown for almost 500 yards and three TDs behind a line with two UDFAs at tackle and wiith the damn line having to be reshuffled mid-game because they were crapping the bed so bad.

Lmao what world do you people live in?

Come on man where is it? Narnia? The Shire?

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
How do you know he would be worse? Wasn't Dak a 4th round comp pick? At some point if Dak can't get you there you have to make a change and go another route...

LMAO!!

Lets let our 5,000 year 33 touchdown QB go and HOPE someone that can do that just happens to be there in the draft!!

GENIUS!

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
There’s zero doubt those two drives defined the game. Absolute zero doubt. You hear all the time about how the great times make the most of those moments. They drive down the field to end the half, start the second half with the ball and score, and completely take control of the game.

Dak changed the entire course of the game by committing those consecutive turnovers.

The good news is we’ve got 13 weeks to figure our **** out. From fumbling kickoffs to dropping passes to turning the ball over, we’ve got so much room to improve when we have the ball in our hands.

And that doesn’t even take into account for the mess on defense.

there is zero doubt that without Dak in this team today we would have lost by three touchdowns. The o-line was a train wreck. He got hit and fumbled.

it happens.

to everyone.

Literally...

Playmaker247

Reaction score
QB isn’t the issue with this team. The chances of you drafting a better QB are slim so you’re most likely taking a gamble for no reason. You’d be lucky to find someone as good as Dak then what? You’re back to square one. If you’re hoping to draft the next Mahomes I got news for you....that ain’t happening. And If you watched the game today and came to the conclusion QB play is the reason we lost then idk what to tell you. Just admit you didn’t watch the game and move on

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Good point, I did notice his accuracy was a little better today. He hit receivers in stride and they were able to score and get some yards. Devin Smith 40 yarder for a TD is the perfect example of that. Like I said earlier, he played like everyone else on the team, made plays to put us in the position to win and made plays that cost us the win. If I had to rank the most disappointing players today I'd go:
1. Pollard- we had the momentum and he screwed up, terrible play for score and momentum
2. Elliott- just a non factor
3. Our whole defense, pretty much everyone not named Aldon Smith.
4. Zuerlein- I can't remember the last time someone missed 2 extra points in a game
5. Dak- Dak's TO's were part his fault and part bad offensive line play. It's not like he had a clean pocket to throw but he also made bad plays. Wilson gets hit while throwing and hangs onto the ball, Dak coughs it up. One is elite the other is above average.
6. Refs- I am so done with every swing call going against us. How much longer is the league going to punish Jerry for his deals with Nike and Pepsi from 1995. Sick of it.

Wilson gets hit and fumbles too.

trust me..

I’ve seen him do it lol

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah that’s horse****. People like you blame him for every loss and give him little no credit for wins.

If Dak is not on this team today we get our doors blown off lol. I’ve seen you haters actually make statements that Dalton could have thrown for almost 500 yards and three TDs behind a line with two UDFAs at tackle and wiith the damn line having to be reshuffled mid-game because they were crapping the bed so bad.

Lmao what world do you people live in?

Come on man where is it? Narnia? The Shire?

What wins? Who has he beat? Atlanta? who have they beaten? and we should have lost to them. Dak had the ball with 2 minutes left today and didn't get the job done, against the Rams he had the ball with 2 minutes left to drive for the tie or win and couldn't get the job done it's not me flinging the horse******

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
QB isn’t the issue with this team. The chances of you drafting a better QB are slim so you’re most likely taking a gamble for no reason. You’d be lucky to find someone as good as Dak then what? You’re back to square one. If you’re hoping to draft the next Mahomes I got news for you....that ain’t happening. And If you watched the game today and came to the conclusion QB play is the reason we lost then idk what to tell you. Just admit you didn’t watch the game and move on

My gamble is based on paying a QB 40m per season who it seems going to lead us to a 7-9 to 9-7 record every season. He's just not worth his asking price and he isn't going to take less

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
What wins? Who has he beat? Atlanta? who have they beaten? and we should have lost to them. Dak had the ball with 2 minutes left today and didn't get the job done, against the Rams he had the ball with 2 minutes left to drive for the tie or win and couldn't get the job done it's not me flinging the horse******

yeah it’s complete and total horse**** lmao.

the fact you’d let a 5,000 yard 33 td QB go because he lost a game behind an atrocious offensive line where dropped almost 500 yards and three tds is beyond absurd. It’s moronic.

and then to further the idiocy you’d cut him HOPING a rookie in the next draft could replace that production.

LMAO!!

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
yeah it’s complete and total horse**** lmao.

the fact you’d let a 5,000 yard 33 td QB go because he lost a game behind an atrocious offensive line where dropped almost 500 yards and three tds is beyond absurd. It’s moronic.

and then to further the idiocy you’d cut him HOPING a rookie in the next draft could replace that production.

LMAO!!

Ok lets trade him for a QB who has actually thrown for 5100 yards and 33 TD's (Winston) I'll even take his turnovers because at 25m less than what Dak will want Winston can lead us to the same 7-9 or 8-8 record Dak is going to lead us to this season

Playmaker247

Reaction score
My gamble is based on paying a QB 40m per season who it seems going to lead us to a 7-9 to 9-7 record every season. He's just not worth his asking price and he isn't going to take less
Drew Bree’s in his prime led the saints to 3 straight 8-8 seasons. Wins and loses aren’t a QB stat. I know this is a hard concept so stay with me here.....football is a team sport. Turns out the defense and special teams play a role in winning. I know crazy concept right. And if you’re worried about cap you should be mad they paid a running back 90 mil. Paying the running back before the QB will haunt them

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Garbage stats ....clean up duty. Look at vs the good teams. He’s a turnover machine.
Garbage stats ....clean up duty. Look at vs the good teams. He’s a turnover machine.

Excuse me, you said you could get almost 500 yards from Dalton and three tds behind a line with two UDFAs at tackle and that had to be reshuffled middle of the third quarter because they were so terrible.

That officially makes you beyond a pessimist lmao. I don’t know what you’re good at but it isn’t football.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What lost this game is a poorly managed team, welcoming a new staff in an inopportune year, for too many fans with unrealistic expectations.:banghead:

Last edited:

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Ok lets trade him for a QB who has actually thrown for 5100 yards and 33 TD's (Winston) I'll even take his turnovers because at 25m less than what Dak will want Winston can lead us to the same 7-9 or 8-8 record Dak is going to lead us to this season

LMAO!!

Winston threw almost 30 ints last year.

Dak threw 11. You’d make Jerry look like a genius at GM

kumizi

Reaction score
QB isn’t the issue with this team. The chances of you drafting a better QB are slim so you’re most likely taking a gamble for no reason. You’d be lucky to find someone as good as Dak then what? You’re back to square one. If you’re hoping to draft the next Mahomes I got news for you....that ain’t happening.

I agree with all of that.

But if you pay a non-elite QB $40 million a year, can you build a winner around him? Probably/maybe. But can you considering the terrible contracts they handed out to Dlaw, Jaylon, and Zeke and the money Amari is making?

Do you want to be a perennial 8-8 to 9-7 team that is not a contender? Or should you start thinking about the future?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Excuse me, you said you could get almost 500 yards from Dalton and three tds behind a line with two UDFSs at tackle and that had to be reshuffled middle of the third quarter because they were so terrible.

That officially makes you beyond a pessimist lmao. I don’t know what you’re good at but it isn’t football.
Excuses the Seahawks were missing 3 starters on their OL. No one made Dak turn it over, he was pressured far less than Wilson. Stop with the Dakcuses. There’s a reason why they haven’t paid him and won’t.