Dak lost this game

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Also remember that the first INT occurred when we were down 1 and were facing the possibility of heading into half time up by a score with the possibility of getting the ball to start the second half. That was an incredible shift in momentum in the game.

fansince68

Reaction score
Our biggest blunder was around the 6 min point at the end of our huge time consuming drive. We could have milked the clock down to 0 if we were smarter. 1st CD catches a pass and goes out of bounds, stopping the clock. Then, instead of marching and milking the clock, Dak starts throwing to the end zone missing the throws and again stopping the clock. Mind you, we were already in fg range. We are not a smart team and that includes our OC and DC.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Only an idiot would put this loss solely on Dak.
Yes his turnovers were costly, though I’m not putting the 2nd one just on him.
But our defence was poor again, our secondary and LB’s are piss poor at best... Our OL is makeshift and gave at best, average protection.
Our running game was non existent... and whenever your QB is asked to throw 57 times in a game, you are rarely going to win.
Dak was far from great yesterday, but he along with our receivers and Aldon Smith were the best parts of the team... and I almost forgot to mention what a car crash our special teams were!
I am not saying our secondary is all world. But Russell has to be given all the credit for exposing them. Wilson extended plays where he looked dead to rites and threw dimes plays the play broke down.

I think the secondary played hard and this is a game the unit can build upon. I think Digs in particular is setting a tone for this team. Even after the blood bath this unit went through facing the Best QB in football, they still could have come away with a victory.

Except the 40 million dollar man **** the bed . . . AGAIN

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well let’s see the INT happened when he once again threw the ball behind the receiver instead of in front of the receiver, that allowed the corner to undercut and intercept. So yes that’s on Dak all the damn way because that INT does not happen if he does his job and actually places the ball where the receiver was the only one who could make a play on it.

The second turnover was his fumble. Yea we can say that Connor Williams is a turnstile but at the end of the day Your a QB who is demanding elite money you need to feel the protection breaking down and actually protect the ball. He’s done it two weeks in a row, it’s funny that Russel Wilson was sacked 4 times and somehow managed to not fumble the ball away.
If YOU knew how to watch film, I would take YOU and the rest of YOU Dak haters seriously, instead of listening to YOU spew your garbage.

Here...rewatch the tape closely. Go to those 2 particular plays/turnovers.

In the 1st one, pay close attention. Play it over a couple of times so that you can understand what you are watching. Notice how Amari Cooper for some weird reason didn't take off at the hiking of the football. He spent almost 2 full seconds just parked there at the line of scrimmage. By the time he decides to finally take off running his called route, it threw the whole timing of the play way off. Notice how Dak had to hesitate a bit to allow Amari to finally make his cut. It's clear this was a timing pattern, but Amari's 2 second hesitation at the line of scrimmage threw the whole timing pattern off. That's the reason why the pass was slightly off and why Amari was covered because of the 2 seconds that went by at the hiking of the ball before Amari finally decided to run his route!

As you stated, Dak's strip fumble 2nd turnover was in no way Dak's fault. Dak had barely received the hiked snap when Connor Williams' opponent rushed past him and stripped that ball away. No QB could have prevented that from their blind side, especially not even 3 seconds after receiving the snap.

So, once again, we can all see those turnovers were not on Dak but instead other players' inability to do their jobs.

Hope you learned how to better study film and not be like the rest to jump to conclusions without properly studying tape to understand why certain turnovers happened and who realistically was responsible for them.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Well let’s see the INT happened when he once again threw the ball behind the receiver instead of in front of the receiver, that allowed the corner to undercut and intercept. So yes that’s on Dak all the damn way because that INT does not happen if he does his job and actually places the ball where the receiver was the only one who could make a play on it.

The second turnover was his fumble. Yea we can say that Connor Williams is a turnstile but at the end of the day Your a QB who is demanding elite money you need to feel the protection breaking down and actually protect the ball. He’s done it two weeks in a row, it’s funny that Russel Wilson was sacked 4 times and somehow managed to not fumble the ball away.
Russel actually had a play where he was being sacked and the ball was halfway out and he still managed to not fumble. I believe that's the perfect ex. For your argument

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If YOU knew how to watch film, I would take YOU and the rest of YOU Dak haters seriously, instead of listening to YOU spew your garbage.

Here...rewatch the tape closely. Go to those 2 particular plays/turnovers.

In the 1st one, pay close attention. Play it over a couple of times so that you can understand what you are watching. Notice how Amari Cooper for some weird reason didn't take off at the hiking of the football. He spent almost 2 full seconds just parked there at the line of scrimmage. By the time he decides to finally take off running his called route, it threw the whole timing of the play way off. Notice how Dak had to hesitate a bit to allow Amari to finally make his cut. It's clear this was a timing pattern, but Amari's 2 second hesitation at the line of scrimmage threw the whole timing pattern off. That's the reason why the pass was slightly off and why Amari was covered because of the 2 seconds that went by at the hiking of the ball before Amari finally decided to run his route!

As you stated, Dak's strip fumble 2nd turnover was in no way Dak's fault. Dak had barely received the hiked snap when Connor Williams' opponent rushed past him and stripped that ball away. No QB could have prevented that from their blind side, especially not even 3 seconds after receiving the snap.

So, once again, we can all see those turnovers were not on Dak but instead other players' inability to do their jobs.

Hope you learned how to better study film and not be like the rest to jump to conclusions without properly studying tape to understand why certain turnovers happened and who realistically was responsible for them.

Coopers route wasn’t the problem with the INT, it was the throw that was once again behind the receiver. Was the throw coopers fault as well? It was a bad throw and throwing behind receivers isn’t some rare thing with Dak, that’s pretty much something he has done his entire career. As for the fumble, well you want to defend that Dak doesn’t have this problem either?

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Russel actually had a play where he was being sacked and the ball was halfway out and he still managed to not fumble. I believe that's the perfect ex. For your argument

Exactly. Sacks and protection breaking down are part of the game, to think that every one of those should lead to a fumble or we dare not call out the guy who fumbled the ball away because it would be “Dak hatred” is absurd. These people remind me of the Catholic church in the inquisition years.

Hadenough

Reaction score
That last drive of the 1st half and 1st drive of the 2nd half were inexcusable turnovers. If that was Wentz you guys would be laughing your *** off screaming he sucks. Daks two terrible TO’s cost this team 14 points and a win. The only difference in this game was they had an elite QB and we didn’t.
I would say the your right! Coming out and getting the ball to open the second half and having a turnover like that is what killed this team. What really stands out with me about Dak is he sucks the closer he gets to the endzone. Between the 20s he looks great but his redzone passing ability relies on throwing short and having a player make a play. Dallas had no timeouts and was near the redzone and Dak is not throwing the ball into the endzone until the very last play. He should of had 4 shots at the endzone with 16 sec left. Those stupid checkdowns to zeke in that drive and Daks dumb 2 yard run after getting a first down killed the clock. Dallas has a stable of thoroughbred WRs and Dak is farting around throwing 4 yards to the RB.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I think it is hard to make that case when the defense gives up 5 TD passes, almost 6, has 3 terrible special teams plays that results in a 4 point swing, and a make-shift OL that couldn't stop a 3 man rush at the end of the game.

I wasn't happy with Dak's turnovers either, but only 1 of those was really on him. He did set a record for number of throws without a pick prior to that.

Didn't win many of those games while not throwing a pick either lol

NotForLong

Reaction score
Exactly. Sacks and protection breaking down are part of the game, to think that every one of those should lead to a fumble or we dare not call out the guy who fumbled the ball away because it would be “Dak hatred” is absurd. These people remind me of the Catholic church in the inquisition years.

:omg:

Unfortunately the whole country has become this way over every issue. Which is why the American Inquisition is on its way.. . within next year and a half

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak played some gutsy football in conditions that were far from ideal. There are no excuses in football. We had a shot to win on our last drive if we could have milked the clock by running Zeke and scored a TD there. I thought the play calling was really shotty at certain critical points for sure.

The output from the entire team was not good enough— including Dak.

That said— I am keeping to a posture of patience until at least Thanksgiving. They are working out some major kinks and are a MASH unit when it comes to injuries. While there are no excuses for not winning, I also do not see the reason or purpose behind rushing to judgment and panicking at this point.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I would say the your right! Coming out and getting the ball to open the second half and having a turnover like that is what killed this team. What really stands out with me about Dak is he sucks the closer he gets to the endzone. Between the 20s he looks great but his redzone passing ability relies on throwing short and having a player make a play. Dallas had no timeouts and was near the redzone and Dak is not throwing the ball into the endzone until the very last play. He should of had 4 shots at the endzone with 16 sec left. Those stupid checkdowns to zeke in that drive and Daks dumb 2 yard run after getting a first down killed the clock. Dallas has a stable of thoroughbred WRs and Dak is farting around throwing 4 yards to the RB.
Because he is fearful to throw interceptions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Coopers route wasn’t the problem with the INT, it was the throw that was once again behind the receiver. Was the throw coopers fault as well? It was a bad throw and throwing behind receivers isn’t some rare thing with Dak, that’s pretty much something he has done his entire career. As for the fumble, well you want to defend that Dak doesn’t have this problem either?
You just proved to me you don't understand the game, offensively. That was a timing pattern. Of course it was on Amari since he took so long to run his route from the line of scrimmage.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
That last drive of the 1st half and 1st drive of the 2nd half were inexcusable turnovers. If that was Wentz you guys would be laughing your *** off screaming he sucks. Daks two terrible TO’s cost this team 14 points and a win. The only difference in this game was they had an elite QB and we didn’t.

It is hard to blame it all on Dak. Yes, he had three turnovers, which should have been four. The bobble catch by Gallup would have been a pick in most situations.

Seems like a lot of blame to go around though. Dak had more than his fair share this week. Zeke too. Zurlein terrible. And the defense? Just God awful.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
You just proved to me you don't understand the game, offensively. That was a timing pattern. Of course it was on Amari since he took so long to run his route from the line of scrimmage.
Ah right so let me see, if Cooper had taken off at the exact second he needed to take off then it would have been all perfect. But you just stated that he waited too long, which means if he had started earlier he most likely would have been way past where the ball was eventually placed. Or are we now going to say that Cooper needed to wait longer so that the ball could be right where it needed to be and not thrown behind him? Even Aikman during the broadcast said that the ball was placed poorly and that it allowed the defender to make a play for the ball.