Dak lost this game

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
If YOU knew how to watch film, I would take YOU and the rest of YOU Dak haters seriously, instead of listening to YOU spew your garbage.

Here...rewatch the tape closely. Go to those 2 particular plays/turnovers.

In the 1st one, pay close attention. Play it over a couple of times so that you can understand what you are watching. Notice how Amari Cooper for some weird reason didn't take off at the hiking of the football. He spent almost 2 full seconds just parked there at the line of scrimmage. By the time he decides to finally take off running his called route, it threw the whole timing of the play way off. Notice how Dak had to hesitate a bit to allow Amari to finally make his cut. It's clear this was a timing pattern, but Amari's 2 second hesitation at the line of scrimmage threw the whole timing pattern off. That's the reason why the pass was slightly off and why Amari was covered because of the 2 seconds that went by at the hiking of the ball before Amari finally decided to run his route!

As you stated, Dak's strip fumble 2nd turnover was in no way Dak's fault. Dak had barely received the hiked snap when Connor Williams' opponent rushed past him and stripped that ball away. No QB could have prevented that from their blind side, especially not even 3 seconds after receiving the snap.

So, once again, we can all see those turnovers were not on Dak but instead other players' inability to do their jobs.

Hope you learned how to better study film and not be like the rest to jump to conclusions without properly studying tape to understand why certain turnovers happened and who realistically was responsible for them.

I like Dak, and I am not blaming him, but your analysis of the "film" is over-simplified and filled with conjecture. Are you going to argue that the ball that should have been picked, but was bobbled by the DB and caught by Gallup, was actually another player's error? No, it was a bad pass.

All OBs throw bad balls at times, and when you throw for 400+ yards and three TDs, generally you are doing something right.

If we are all being honest, the primary reason for this loss is the defense. We should have lost last week too. When your offense is scoring 30+ points a game, and your defense can make stops, that is big trouble.

Staubacher

Reaction score
dak didn't lose this game. that's like saying a german named hans lost ww2 or a japanese individual named yoshi lost ww2. losses are usually a collaborative effort.
Bad analogy alert.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ah right so let me see, if Cooper had taken off at the exact second he needed to take off then it would have been all perfect. But you just stated that he waited too long, which means if he had started earlier he most likely would have been way past where the ball was eventually placed. Or are we now going to say that Cooper needed to wait longer so that the ball could be right where it needed to be and not thrown behind him? Even Aikman during the broadcast said that the ball was placed poorly and that it allowed the defender to make a play for the ball.
You clearly don't understand a timing pattern and how it can be thrown off if a receiver takes longer than usual to run it.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Year after year on this forum, I've said this:

If we score 30+ points every game, we're going to win most of them. If my offense is scoring 30+, it's the defense's job to win the game.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
[
You clearly don't understand a timing pattern and how it can be thrown off if a receiver takes longer than usual to run it.

And you clearly seem to think that we have a Qb that is infallible and that it’s everyone else’s fault. It’s funny that perfection in routes and receiver timing don’t seem to be a problem with the better teams but hey maybe they have perfect receivers who run the perfect route every time. Who knows.

InTheZone

Reaction score
If they won it would be a Dak win with every thread saying how great he is, but since they did not and Dak threw the game away it is a Dak loss.

Edit: That last pass was supposed to be at the sideline or back corner, not at the DB closer to midfield. We have a guy who cannot consistently lead a receiver. I still stand by the argument that when Dak hits a guy in stride it was luck.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I rewatched the game. Connor Williams is killing us. Zeke cannot run behind him. Dak’s two turnovers were because Williams got whipped by the defensive tackle on both plays.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Turnovers lost this game. Their QB took care of it ours gave it away. I could get similar production from Dalton.
This is where the Dak critiques are just entirely....garbage.

To come out and think that Andy Dalton does anything close to what Dak did yesterday, is to admit to not having watched Andy Dalton play in the last 5 years.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Dak's turnovers were responsible for 14 points. The last INT was him trying to make a play. If you take away the 14 points off of turnovers then the Defense and Special teams combined are responsible for giving away 28 points. So no Dak isn't the only reason why the Cowboys lost this game.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You don't pay 40m per year for that!

Do the players on special teams and Defense not get paid as well? Including Jaylon and DLAW getting paid millions and yet not being able to make a stop once the offense took the lead in the 4th quarter.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak's turnovers were responsible for 14 points. The last INT was him trying to make a play. If you take away the 14 points off of turnovers then the Defense and Special teams combined are responsible for giving away 28 points. So no Dak isn't the only reason why the Cowboys lost this game.

Hold on, we lost this game by 7 points. 14 Seattle points were turnovers by the offense. The defense and special teams gave up 28 points, and we scored 31. Pray tell how the turnovers did not contribute or were responsible for this? You can love Dak but Jesus to show such slavish devotion like he’s some kind of God is sickening.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Nonsense:rolleyes:

So many places to look besides just one player

oh sure, but let’s not use that as an excuse to say that well Dak did nothing wrong, he actively contributed to 14 points and that swing in momentum.

basel90

Reaction score
What do you pay him? He leaves and there is no QB on the roster whose going to throw for 5,000 yards and 33 TDS 11 int (what he did last year and I see no reason he won’t repeat that this year). What do you pay him?
We have not seen what Andy Dalton or cam Newton or a good veteran QB can do with this offense . Many will produce 4-5 k yards . It is a. QB game . We could have gottten cam Newton for 7 million !! Brady for 22 million . I see Dak as a 30 mil max QB given out defensive deficiencies . It is simple math . Dak is not good enough to defray the defensive holes we have . This was clear . Plus , we have already some overpaid players like DLaw , and Cooper (20 mil is crazy for Cooper ) etc etc .

BlueStar22

Reaction score
That last drive of the 1st half and 1st drive of the 2nd half were inexcusable turnovers. If that was Wentz you guys would be laughing your *** off screaming he sucks. Daks two terrible TO’s cost this team 14 points and a win. The only difference in this game was they had an elite QB and we didn’t.
Let's find a way to blame Dak lol. He lead this offense to 31 points. He doesn't play defense or kick extra points. If you can't win a game while scoring 31 points then I do know what to tell you.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Hold on, we lost this game by 7 points. 14 Seattle points were turnovers by the offense. The defense and special teams gave up 28 points, and we scored 31. Pray tell how the turnovers did not contribute or were responsible for this? You can love Dak but Jesus to show such slavish devotion like he’s some kind of God is sickening.

I didn't say that they didn't contribute. I'm talking about the Dak critics who are saying that the defense and special teams has no accountability or blame in this loss and that it's only on Dak. Or that Dak giving up 14 points makes it okay for the Defense to give up 24 and for them not getting a stop on 4th and 3. Saying that the other players are the team never has to step up frees them from accountability because some desire to only blame Dak and say that the other players never have to do their jobs.