Dak lost this game

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That last drive of the 1st half and 1st drive of the 2nd half were inexcusable turnovers. If that was Wentz you guys would be laughing your *** off screaming he sucks. Daks two terrible TO’s cost this team 14 points and a win. The only difference in this game was they had an elite QB and we didn’t.

I see the hot takes keep on coming. I still can't believe Dak got burned for 5 TD passes - six really, absent a premature celebration by Metcalf. Stupid Dak.

Dak made one bad pick - the first one. It was also his first in 292 attempts (a team record). Obviously getting hit from behind on the fumble wasn't his fault, and anyone who knows anything about football knows what happened on the last play. 98% of QBs get sacked there - how were three guys getting to him? With no time outs and seconds to play there was little choice but to force one to the end zone. Again, anyone who isn't a fool with an agenda knows that. :rolleyes:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Tell me why should the Defense get a total free pass and not be held accountable for this?

DFWJC

Reaction score
oh sure, but let’s not use that as an excuse to say that well Dak did nothing wrong, he actively contributed to 14 points and that swing in momentum.
Sure
Not the same thing as single-handedly losing a game.

Anyway, he was asked to throw the ball 57 TIMES....and really more like 63 times when adding in the sacks and non-designed runs.
Statistically speaking, there are two near-guarantees when throwing it that many times
  1. You will have a lot of passing yards
  2. You will for sure have at minimum 1-2 turnovers

I haven't looked it up, but highly doubt Dallas (or maybe any team) has ever had a QB throw it that many times and not have both of things occur.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I didn't say that they didn't contribute. I'm talking about the Dak critics who are saying that the defense and special teams has no accountability or blame in this loss and that it's only on Dak. Or that Dak giving up 14 points makes it okay for the Defense to give up 24 and for them not getting a stop on 4th and 3. Saying that the other players are the team never has to step up frees them from accountability because some desire to only blame Dak and say that the other players never have to do their jobs.

who stated that the defense and special teams didn’t have their problems? But to act like the offense and the qb is somehow blameless in all this is laughable,

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Sure
Not the same thing as single-handedly losing a game.

Anyway, he was asked to throw the ball 57 TIMES....and really more like 63 times when adding in the sacks and non-designed runs.
Statistically speaking, there are two near-guarantees when throwing it that many times
  1. You will have a lot of passing yards
  2. You will for sure have at minimum 1-2 turnovers

I haven't looked it up, but highly doubt Dallas (or maybe any team) has ever had a QB throw it that many times and not have both of things occur.

The decisions to throw the ball 57 times was born from the turnovers that put them in a hole. The moment that happened they needed to score and score quickly. We act like all these things were somehow happening in a vacuum instead of a snowball that was directly related to the turnovers

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
who stated that the defense and special teams didn’t have their problems? But to act like the offense and the qb is somehow blameless in all this is laughable,

Dak's critics are saying that the game is 100% on his shoulders and that he is the sole reason why the Cowboys lost this game. He isn't blameless in the loss due to his turnovers and at the same time is the reason why the Cowboys were able to get back in the game by the 4th quarter,

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
That last drive of the 1st half and 1st drive of the 2nd half were inexcusable turnovers. If that was Wentz you guys would be laughing your *** off screaming he sucks. Daks two terrible TO’s cost this team 14 points and a win. The only difference in this game was they had an elite QB and we didn’t.
:lmao:

blueblood70

Reaction score
he didnt lose it on his own he also kept us in it but yes those mistakes didnt help to win it..

ondaedg

Reaction score

lol. Our defense and special teams are bottom 3 in the league which means Dak has to throw a lot. Of course he is going to throw a few INTs. Go troll on another forum.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bottom line Dak has to protect the ball, I'm not going to blame turnover on others. Having said that Dak did a lot of good things in this game and gave Dallas a chance to win.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The decisions to throw the ball 57 times was born from the turnovers that put them in a hole. The moment that happened they needed to score and score quickly. We act like all these things were somehow happening in a vacuum instead of a snowball that was directly related to the turnovers
If you're saying that passing yards don't tell the story, I'll be first in line to agree. It is a terrible indicator.

Dak is 14th in the league in passer rating and about 10th or so in TD-turnover differential.
So, he is playing, imo, at about a top 12-13 level in the league right now.

I'm not really defending him more than saying "he" did not lose the game.
The run game was horrible and so was our pass defense. Plus our special teams had several whiffs.
It was a classic team effort in losing a close game.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
lol. Our defense and special teams are bottom 3 in the league which means Dak has to throw a lot. Of course he is going to throw a few INTs. Go troll on another forum.

right because the need to throw that many times wasn’t attributed to his interception and fumble that led to a 14 point swing and the loss of momentum.

let’s assume that he didn’t toss the INT before the half, at worse we come away with 0 points and go into the half down 1 point and the prospect of getting the ball back to start the second half. At best we score a TD and go into the half up 6 with the chance of going in offense to start the second.

now assume he didn’t fumble the first drive in the second half, then again at worse we are down by 1 point and in the best case up by 13 points.

Those two turnovers not only cost us points it completely wrecked the momentum and it caused us to then need to have Dak throw it 57 times. Nit sure how you cannot look at that and say that it isn’t where the game changed.

dfense

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest Dak fan, but this post is just stupid. No pass rush, no running game, dropped passes by Zeke and bad penalties are just a few of the reasons.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
We have not seen what Andy Dalton or cam Newton or a good veteran QB can do with this offense . Many will produce 4-5 k yards . It is a. QB game . We could have gottten cam Newton for 7 million !! Brady for 22 million . I see Dak as a 30 mil max QB given out defensive deficiencies . It is simple math . Dak is not good enough to defray the defensive holes we have . This was clear . Plus , we have already some overpaid players like DLaw , and Cooper (20 mil is crazy for Cooper ) etc etc .

So Dak has to take it up the azz because of other players bad contracts.

it’s not an argument to say to Dak that because we overpaid Cooper (just going with your reasoning) we are not not going to pay you what your worth.

And I love this “hope” you Dak haters have with his replacement and one year retread QB’s like a Brady and Cam aren’t going to teams with the defensive holes a team like Dallas has. They want to win now.

A good young gun slinging QB, if you have one, is what you build your team around.

Period.

End of story.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
right because the need to throw that many times wasn’t attributed to his interception and fumble that led to a 14 point swing and the loss of momentum.

let’s assume that he didn’t toss the INT before the half, at worse we come away with 0 points and go into the half down 1 point and the prospect of getting the ball back to start the second half. At best we score a TD and go into the half up 6 with the chance of going in offense to start the second.

now assume he didn’t fumble the first drive in the second half, then again at worse we are down by 1 point and in the best case up by 13 points.

Those two turnovers not only cost us points it completely wrecked the momentum and it caused us to then need to have Dak throw it 57 times. Nit sure how you cannot look at that and say that it isn’t where the game changed.

Yeah the turnover hurt.

Do you expect him to play perfectly given our defensive issues and offensive line chaos or ITS ALL HIS FAULT!!

lol...

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one talks about the dropped interception. 30-22at the time would have been Seattle ball on Dallas 30 yard line. Game over. Blow out

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Unreal. Some of you fans in here.. Clueless. Completely clueless.

I am not sure if Dak is worth 40 million. Not my money, so, don't know.

But, to say Dak lost this game (Fact, not ONE player wins a game, not ONE player loses a game). Is just ignorant.