Dak Lovers Forum

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why does everything have to be binary?

Yes, there are some for whom Dak can do no wrong and others for whom nothing he does is right. I think the majority of Cowboys fans are in the "Dak is the QB and I want the Cowboys to win, so I hope he plays well enough for them to win" category. It's not as if anything we say here will change his status. It's out of our hands.

This, and I will support any of our starting QB as long as they can give us hope for winning. Romo did, and Dak does. He's got his flaws to be sure, but he's our QB. So, I'll support him until he's no longer our QB. Then, I will likely support the next QB.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Man me and you are the same fan lol….I was alive during the Super Bowls but too young to remember them. My heyday is the Campo 5-11 years lol.

It's sad because I think some fans on here do not remember the pain of feeling that we had no hope. Especially since I grew up in a family of Eagles fans when they were demolishing us every time we'd play them until 2003. Understandably, I started wondering in 2002 if I'd made the wrong decision on teams (though I did enjoy seeing Emmitt break the record). Then, the 2003 season happened which basically locked me in. Been a diehard fan since.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This guy is literally trolling in his own thread and y'all don't see an issue with it lol?

Make this make sense for me.....

This is a Cowboys Forum. Where Cowboy fans talk.....COWBOYS football...imagine certain posters having issue with a positive post about a player that plays for the Cowboys.....just wow.

I mean, I get it if someone doesn't like the player. That's perfectly fine for me, but I don't understand why there's vitriol for people that support players on this team when vitriol against them isn't going to sway Jerry's mind at all.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Man me and you are the same fan lol….I was alive during the Super Bowls but too young to remember them. My heyday is the Campo 5-11 years lol.

Also, I was that same way as I was born in late 1992, and I was only about 3 when we won our last one. So, naturally my first Cowboys memories were not good (forgot to mention that I enjoyed my first two life Cowboys games, which we won 14-13 over the Panthers in 2002 and the win against the Eagles in 2003 when we put Schramm into the ROH).

kskboys

Reaction score
We have tried player-specific forums in the past but they never work.

If it's a pro-player forum, anti-player fans will go there just to harass the people who are posting.

If it's an anti-player forum, pro-player fans will go there just to harass the people who are posting.

If we ban them from the forum then they simply seek out those posters in the Fan Zone and harass them there.

The diehard Dak homers and Dak haters are equally annoying to most members.

People think the loudest voices support their "side" but in reality, most members here just want everyone to stop the endless arguing over opinions that are clearly not going to change from those arguments.
All true. However, the reason it does work is that it keeps the Dak spewers in their own little threads, and the rest of the boards can be kept clear of the Dak spew which promotes discussion and the spreading of info.

kskboys

Reaction score
I disagree. If you see the flaws and mention them without dwelling, you’re neutral. Just because you question someone who says nothing but negative, doesn’t make you a “Homer”. That ‘s generally a negative term that connotes someone clueless.
It's not the one instance, it's the constant spatting in every thread, making even threads not remotely related into Dak threads.

And then the problem becomes the Dak spewers throwing insults at anyone and everyone. Which not only gets in the way of good discussions, it often ends the good stuff.

ESisback

Reaction score
It's not the one instance, it's the constant spatting in every thread, making even threads not remotely related into Dak threads.

And then the problem becomes the Dak spewers throwing insults at anyone and everyone. Which not only gets in the way of good discussions, it often ends the good stuff.
The constant debate is tiresome. Accept what you cannot change and hope/try for the best.

Dak is flawed. Hope for improvement. Enjoy the ride.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yet, you can't find the ignore button. You are part of the problem. You like to pretend you are so much better than others repeating the same crap. Oh, you just like to hear yourself talk.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The Dak spewers do.

It's actually quite obvious if you haven't taken a side. Both sides are utterly ridiculous.
Everyone knows where I stand on the "sides" but its clear one side is more silly then the other. This whole narrative that there are fans of Dak who don't criticize him and think he's can do no wrong or that they "love" him is some crap. There are some good posters on this site who are being called "Dak Lovers" based on them being objective when it comes to Dak. And why shouldn't they be? Its a COWBOYS SITE. People are really upset that Dak gets love on this site? Its EASILY balanced off by the 4 or 5 trolls who have nothing of substance to offer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The constant debate is tiresome. Accept what you cannot change and hope/try for the best.

Dak is flawed. Hope for improvement. Enjoy the ride.
Basically. And I can't speak for you but most guys being labeled "Dak lovers" feel this way. Enjoy the ride, hope he gets better and Dak is flawed...yet, this will be credited as a "lover" post. Crazy...