Dak > Mahomes

InTheZone

Reaction score
According to this site 77% of Dak's throws are on target. Better than Mahomes, Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Wentz, Brady, Russ, Goff..........

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm
I've one seen one pass by Mahomes in the playoffs that was a dud and another that was behind. Every other pass by Dak is off target from the eyeball test. Those same stat sites will tell you TO had x amount of drops in a season playing for us when I can remember counting at least a dozen more.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Those passes that were overthrown, underthrown and even the passes that were behind the WRs on all the crossing routes proved that Dak’s accuracy is phenomenal. I even remember the three yard pass to Zeke that was thrown five yards in the dirt in front of Zeke. That kinda accuracy is something to get excited about.
BuT EvErYonE eLsE hAs OfF pAsSeS!!!

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
I've one seen one pass by Mahomes in the playoffs that was a dud and another that was behind. Every other pass by Dak is off target from the eyeball test. Those same stat sites will tell you TO had x amount of drops in a season playing for us when I can remember counting at least a dozen more.

Yet somehow he threw for 5,000 yards and 30 TDs. What a fake fan you should be in the Chiefs forum.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
According to this site 77% of Dak's throws are on target. Better than Mahomes, Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Wentz, Brady, Russ, Goff..........

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

Well, that's a decent percentage but we've all seen for ourselves that the ball placement leaves much to be desired on too many occasions. I look at this and wonder, once again, how are these statistics compiled? You may look at my post and think, I am just hating on Dak but that's not the case. Dak does have some issues around accuracy, particularly around certain types of throws, it seems.

Big_D

Reaction score
And toss it up to three number one receivers that run sub 4.3, I guess the wannabe mega star needs help to win.

LOL

like Dak has nothing to work with? poor guy! I’m fully prepared to move forward with Prescott. It’s the obvious path right now but you’re taking it to a ridiculous level. We’ll see how the next few years play out for both starting Sunday. I’m thinking McCarthy will be good for Dak but there’s a clear difference between these 2 right now that runs much deeper than surrounding talent.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I don't know if the stats are real or not , but they must be real ; or else they would lose all credibility .

Brax

Reaction score
Good news guys Dak will have the same amount of rings as Mahomes by end of 2020. In 2021 He will have one more than Mahomes. If Dak had the same weapons and HOF coach, he would have taken the Cowboys 15-1.

At least 51% of success of Mahomes is due to having three number one WRs that can all run sub 4.3 and a HOF tight end.

Dak > Mahomes 24/7 don’t be surprised if one those hits snaps Mahomes out his ego high in SB.

Please just stop!!!!

perrykemp

Reaction score
Mahomes is a generational talent. He is the first generational talent to join the league since Rodgers was drafted in 2005.

They come around every 15-20 years.

I love Dak, but he isn't that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Good news guys Dak will have the same amount of rings as Mahomes by end of 2020. In 2021 He will have one more than Mahomes. If Dak had the same weapons and HOF coach, he would have taken the Cowboys 15-1.

At least 51% of success of Mahomes is due to having three number one WRs that can all run sub 4.3 and a HOF tight end.

Dak > Mahomes 24/7 don’t be surprised if one those hits snaps Mahomes out his ego high in SB.

cmon, you are like my math students. I have to tell them, the arrow always points to the lessor quantity. Now go back and fix that inequality symbol before people think you are trying to tell us that Dak is better than Mahomes.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's always something.
If the defense were better, Dak would …
If Zeke weren't fat, Dak would …
If the offensive line weren't injured, Dak would …
If Garrett would call the right plays, Dak would ...
Now it's if he had a receiver who ran 4.3, Dak would …
Sounds like a bus driver to me.

As for this conversation, there are subjects that aren't even worth arguing ...

- The earth is flat
- The moon walk was fake
- Tu Pac is living on a topical island
- Dak > Mahomes

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Are you ok? You are getting more and more delusional as time goes on. Mahomes is elite while Dak is average. Swapping QB's would increase our wins andd decrease their wins by 3-5 games each. Dak can not come back from a 21 pt deficit like mahomes did in a playoff game vs the titans (a good defense). I know you'll blame coaching. Well you better call out this staff now cause we won't even win our division this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Those aren’t playoff stats. I don’t know about the TO stat. Never calculated them to know if they were accurate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well, that's a decent percentage but we've all seen for ourselves that the ball placement leaves much to be desired on too many occasions. I look at this and wonder, once again, how are these statistics compiled? You may look at my post and think, I am just hating on Dak but that's not the case. Dak does have some issues around accuracy, particularly around certain types of throws, it seems.
I don’t think you’re a hater. You have the same questions I do.

I don’t even disagree about Dak. I post those stats to show that Dak isn’t some rare unicorn. He misses guys at times but he doesn’t do it anymore or any less than anyone else in the league.

I’ve always graded Dak like I would any other qb. Some people on this site like to grade him harsher and that’s where my disagreements come in.