Twitter: Dak: "My confidence is through the roof"

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do we really care what Prescott, Lawrence, Parsons, Lamb, McCarthy or Booger says?

Romo used to like to say "I need to get better at that" or "we need to get better at that" and did that happen? No, because if he or they knew how to do that they wouldn't have stepped in it in the first place.

They all tell us what they think we want to hear and soon they will be showing us what we may or may not want to see. The latter is all that is important. The walking beats the talking every time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do we really care what Prescott, Lawrence, Parsons, Lamb, McCarthy or Booger says?

Romo used to like to say "I need to get better at that" or "we need to get better at that" and did that happen? No, because if he or they knew how to do that they wouldn't have stepped in it in the first place.

They all tell us what they think we want to hear and soon they will be showing us what we may or may not want to see. The latter is all that is important. The walking beats the talking every time.
The difference is, Tony was taking the blame for stuff that often wasn't his fault, whereas you don't see much accepting blame these days.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The difference is, Tony was taking the blame for stuff that often wasn't his fault, whereas you don't see much accepting blame these days.
Pretty sure Prescott owned last season.

I honestly don't know what some fans expect him to say or not to say. Either way, there 11,000 threads about how he's responsible for world hunger.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I expect that Dak will do his best to be the best version of himself this year. Exactly what it might lead to is unclear, though. I'm glad he's "feeling his oats" these days and hope the confidence that he's so proud of lasts all year and into the playoffs. Here's hoping that confidence serves him well enough to make his ample supply of haters eat crow! Will we see the best version of Dak yet? I surely do hope so . . . ;)

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
Guess I would really be concerned if he said he was just average, will always be just average in this league.
That would be self recognition, and from a fans perspective, I would rather my average QB think he is a Tom Brady than already recognize and accept his Trent Dilfer abilities/disabilities.
I endorse Daks positive attitude.

I would too if he actually believed it which would show in his play. You can tell he is just saying the right thing (as the company man that he is) and doesn’t really believe it in his poor play with constant check downs. When you throw lateral passes constantly even though you have receivers running wide open that tells me all I need to know

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty sure Prescott owned last season.

I honestly don't know what some fans expect him to say or not to say. Either way, there 11,000 threads about how he's responsible for world hunger.
Oh wow...you amped the hyperbole pretty hard there!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would too if he actually believed it which would show in his play. You can tell he is just saying the right thing (as the company man that he is) and doesn’t really believe it in his poor play with constant check downs. When you throw lateral passes constantly even though you have receivers running wide open that tells me all I need to know

No...that's "being a leader" according to some.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There is an issue with Dak, and even those that vehemently defend him this is within their recognition as well, but most havent recognized still.
Dak has a recognition issue, QBs need to see their reads withing 1.7 seconds in 70 percent situation in order to avoid contact.
IDK if Dak can ever over come this very basic issue.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
My confidence was through the roof once.

Unfortunately I had been confidently working on my furnace in the basement just a second or two prior.

Me too -- I replaced all the pipes under the kitchen sink and they didn't leak one drop!

I patted my back and walked away a new man! Then, stood erect and smiled.

You guessed it -- my confidence went right through the roof . . . :rolleyes:

If I'd worked on the roof and feel through, not so good. :confused:

Still would've gone through the roof, though! :D

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just the facts kid. Sorry you dont like them.
Hyperbole can hurt your credibility. When you have to exaggerat to make your point....takes the edge off.
When that exaggeration doesn't really feel like it's too far off, and it's easier than trying to actually try to guess in the ballpark, because the number is so high that everyone understands you're just making a point, one's credibility is fine.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Me too -- I replaced all the pipes under the kitchen sink and they didn't leak one drop!

I patted my back and walked away a new man! Then, stood erect and smiled.

You guessed it -- my confidence went right through the roof . . . :rolleyes:

If I'd worked on the roof and feel through, not so good. :confused:

Still would've gone through the roof, though! :D
Seems we were all productive today, I spent the cool morning working on some irrigation issues, I just escaped the heat as it rose from a mild 56 when I started to bumping 100 now...
Glad Im done for the day :D

TwentyOne

Reaction score

"Much further along than last year".

Go figure. When last year at this time around he was already in the best shape of his life.

Whats not to like about this guy. If werent already in love with DFlaw i would seriously consider falling in love with Dak.

We should all appreciate that we are born in these times and are able to tell our childs and grandchilds about those great characters we were able to enjoy on our team.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Seems we were all productive today, I spent the cool morning working on some irrigation issues, I just escaped the heat as it rose from a mild 56 when I started to bumping 100 now...
Glad Im done for the day :D

Congrats, Captain Catfish -- you've earned a hearty pat on the back and a taste or two of your favorite beverage! Enjoy!