Dak Named most valuable player in NFC East over last five years!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is a good quarterback and deserves praise, but this MVP of the NFC East thing doesn't hold as much value as say it would've back in 1992. To me this is one of the worse divisions in all of Football right now. The other thing is I think some people try too hard to make Dak look good to others, finding any little thing, and attempting to use it as evidence. Then they go on questioning how others can't see what they are seeing, saying that they must be blind -- a sort of intolerance for different view points for those who don't think Dak is great. I don't think Dak needs fan boys to prop him up; he just needs to prove it come playoffs time.
Ok genius.......who is the nfc mvp in the nfc east?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
In my opinion, the most valuable player in the NFC East is probably a RG and he plays in Dallas. JMO

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dak can't hit a trash can two feet from him.
For the record, it was behind him. :laugh:

TiredWeakKouprey-size_restricted.gif

johneric8

Reaction score
Dak is a good quarterback and deserves praise, but this MVP of the NFC East thing doesn't hold as much value as say it would've back in 1992. To me this is one of the worse divisions in all of Football right now. The other thing is I think some people try too hard to make Dak look good to others, finding any little thing, and attempting to use it as evidence. Then they go on questioning how others can't see what they are seeing, saying that they must be blind -- a sort of intolerance for different view points for those who don't think Dak is great. I don't think Dak needs fan boys to prop him up; he just needs to prove it come playoffs time.

I don't agree with you saying that people try too hard to make Dak look good to others and I will tell you why. The real issue here is that statistically and also on the field Dak has proven to be nearing elite status with a few more jumps in his play, but all the while doing this you have idiots saying that he is a bus driver and not even suitable as an NFL quarterback. I have a cousin who says these things who is a pretty knowledgeable sports fanatic, but he admits he just doesn't like prescott and it would take him reaching Montana status before he admitted he was wrong.. These are the kind of imbeciles we're dealing with as fans of our Cowboys and it runs rampant bro... It's alright though, I know most of the people that don't support Dak are either miserable in real life or just flat out trolls.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I don't agree with you saying that people try too hard to make Dak look good to others and I will tell you why. The real issue here is that statistically and also on the field Dak has proven to be nearing elite status with a few more jumps in his play, but all the while doing this you have idiots saying that he is a bus driver and not even suitable as an NFL quarterback. I have a cousin who says these things who is a pretty knowledgeable sports fanatic, but he admits he just doesn't like prescott and it would take him reaching Montana status before he admitted he was wrong.. These are the kind of imbeciles we're dealing with as fans of our Cowboys and it runs rampant bro... It's alright though, I know most of the people that don't support Dak are either miserable in real life or just flat out trolls.

And here is the problem as a whole I have with the fan boys, saying things like "you idiots", because not everyone sees things the same way as you. I'm on the boat that says he is a good quarterback but not elite. Basically he is the new Romo at this point of time. With the Clapper his talent would've been wasted, but he has a chance now with a better coach at the right time in her career to become something more. To be honest, I thought Dak was going to be a whole lot more than he is now back in 2016. I thought it would be Dak and Wentz that would be part of the new generation of QBs who people would talk about. Instead it is Mahomes and whoever else will come next. Dak is good, but come on, talking about NFC East MVP, with this division being so bad, and after an 8-8 season, that is just something I can't get behind of.

Swagger

Reaction score
It does amuse me why we all continuously post on the same topic when nobody will be changing their viewpoint and we have zero impact on the actual decision of whether the front office will pay Prescott $35-40 million a season.

If he ends up signing the tag then it basically means he will play for the Cowboys one or two more years. No way the powers that be suddenly cough up $40+ after two franchise tags...well I suppose unless he wins a Superbowl but in reality that isn't going to happen bar freak luck and the defense playing at an elite level.

4 weeks remaining...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Like many of us, I started off being angry at Dak for demanding more than I thought was proper.
Once I fully came to the realize that it takes two to tango, I've changed my past thinking.:thumbup:

I believe the Cowboys' front office truly shares the responsibility for the standstill in negotiations.

I came to see the error in justifying that they handled it far too clumsily at the outset of their talks.

From here on out, I've decided to avoid allowing my former dissatisfactions to justify dissing Dak.

I have no idea if he's the most valuable player in the East Division but he's at least, among them!

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It does amuse me why we all continuously post on the same topic when nobody will be changing their viewpoint and we have zero impact on the actual decision of whether the front office will pay Prescott $35-40 million a season.

If he ends up signing the tag then it basically means he will play for the Cowboys one or two more years. No way the powers that be suddenly cough up $40+ after two franchise tags...well I suppose unless he wins a Superbowl but in reality that isn't going to happen bar freak luck and the defense playing at an elite level.

4 weeks remaining...
Man i hope so

johneric8

Reaction score
And here is the problem as a whole I have with the fan boys, saying things like "you idiots", because not everyone sees things the same way as you. I'm on the boat that says he is a good quarterback but not elite. Basically he is the new Romo at this point of time. With the Clapper his talent would've been wasted, but he has a chance now with a better coach at the right time in her career to become something more. To be honest, I thought Dak was going to be a whole lot more than he is now back in 2016. I thought it would be Dak and Wentz that would be part of the new generation of QBs who people would talk about. Instead it is Mahomes and whoever else will come next. Dak is good, but come on, talking about NFC East MVP, with this division being so bad, and after an 8-8 season, that is just something I can't get behind of.

I have to touch on your one comment about mahomes.. Look man, he has a way better team and mastermind offensive guru as a coach, it's very hard to know if Mahomes would be as good as he is on another team. I know even you can admit that right? We've seen examples of guys like Kurt Warner looking suspect and coming from an alternate league turning into hall of fame players. I'm just not a firm believer that Mahomes is Mahomes without his team and Andy. Romo was a guy where the wheels fell off at the worst time, he won't ever live that down, these are not the kind of issue's Dak faces, he has other issues. When Dak entered the league it took teams by surprise, but if he had competent coaching who knows where he would be. The entire organization has been a let down so it's hard to fault anyone in particular.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
NFC east mvp. How about you name a better one than dak?

I guess things went a bit swoosh as we used to like to say in the 90's... I did say Dak was a good quarterback. My issue is all this senseless propping up that some people feel they have to do, in order to prove his worth to those that don't see they same as they do, after an 8-8 season coming up with things such as MVP of the NFC East, which many of us think of as the NFC Least these days. To me personally, it is another wasted season, where we missed the playoffs, and I don't like to brag and get all boastful after such a season. You earn bragging rights by doing good in the playoffs. Like I said, its almost like some people's personal superbowl, MVP of the NFC East...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I have to touch on your one comment about mahomes.. Look man, he has a way better team and mastermind offensive guru as a coach, it's very hard to know if Mahomes would be as good as he is on another team. I know even you can admit that right? We've seen examples of guys like Kurt Warner looking suspect and coming from an alternate league turning into hall of fame players. I'm just not a firm believer that Mahomes is Mahomes without his team and Andy. Romo was a guy where the wheels fell off at the worst time, he won't ever live that down, these are not the kind of issue's Dak faces, he has other issues. When Dak entered the league it took teams by surprise, but if he had competent coaching who knows where he would be. The entire organization has been a let down so it's hard to fault anyone in particular.

He looked a lot better the first season than he was, because people did not know how to game plan against him. He looked like he would be a lot better than he is now. I'm not putting him down here actually, because I think he is a good quarterback. He worked hard and improved and overcame a lot of his flaws. I thought the quarterback class from that 2016 season was going to be one of the top ones. Dak has proven himself to be the guy here, but he isn't anywhere near as good as I thought he was going to be before some of his flaws came out. Like I said, Dak is the new Romo, and the wheels have fallen off at the worst times for him too, rams playoff game, not beating winning teams last season, people can say he choked when he needed to be clutch, like I said the new romo.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I guess things went a bit swoosh as we used to like to say in the 90's... I did say Dak was a good quarterback. My issue is all this senseless propping up that some people feel they have to do, in order to prove his worth to those that don't see they same as they do, after an 8-8 season coming up with things such as MVP of the NFC East, which many of us think of as the NFC Least these days. To me personally, it is another wasted season, where we missed the playoffs, and I don't like to brag and get all boastful after such a season. You earn bragging rights by doing good in the playoffs. Like I said, its almost like some people's personal superbowl, MVP of the NFC East...

No popping off. Simply people that think Dak is a good qb shoving in the face of trolls that say he isn’t.

and not too long ago, you were on the dak sucks wagon. What finally brought you around?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He looked a lot better the first season than he was, because people did not know how to game plan against him. He looked like he would be a lot better than he is now. I'm not putting him down here actually, because I think he is a good quarterback. He worked hard and improved and overcame a lot of his flaws. I thought the quarterback class from that 2016 season was going to be one of the top ones. Dak has proven himself to be the guy here, but he isn't anywhere near as good as I thought he was going to be before some of his flaws came out. Like I said, Dak is the new Romo, and the wheels have fallen off at the worst times for him too, rams playoff game, not beating winning teams last season, people can say he choked when he needed to be clutch, like I said the new romo.

this is typical troll logic. Or it’s simply a case of not understanding the game.

blaming one guy for what happened, and especially dak is inaccurate to put it nicely.

Been over this so many times. The fact that you still don’t get it is troubling to say the least.

last season was clearly daks best season individually overall.

“flaws” as you put it, weren’t flaws at all. They were simply things you said he couldn’t do that you were dead wrong about. Young qbs have things to work on. Qb 101.

Things like:

1. lack of pass catchers, #1 wr
2. Oline injuries
3. Poor scheming, not going deep

All these issues we told you about were proven to be major factors. Once they were solved or adjusted, the “regression” or issues were over.

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
No popping off. Simply people that think Dak is a good qb shoving in the face of trolls that say he isn’t.

and not too long ago, you were on the dak sucks wagon. What finally brought you around?

In 2016 I thought that Dak would surpass Romo eventually, after that season. In 2017, many of his flaws were exposed, and teams started to game plan for him. Dak has worked hard and improved his game, overcame a lot of things many quarterbacks are unable to overcome when moving on to the pros. Props to him. Then at one point, because Jason Garrett was here and even worse Jerrah runs this team, he was on the same path that Romo was, a good Quarterback being wasted here by a dysfunctionally run team. That path leads to good year followed by bad year for the team, inconsistency, and the team Choking when they looked so promising at one point in the season. Dak was the new Romo, in other words, and last year he mirrored Romo, almost breaking Romo's record, which also came from a season where we missed the playoffs. This year we might break the trend, since we have a new coach that actually has done something, and the clapping carrot is gone. But then again Jerrah is still here, so who knows?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
this is typical troll logic. Or it’s simply a case of not understanding the game.

blaming one guy for what happened, and especially dak is inaccurate to put it nicely.

Been over this so many times. The fact that you still don’t get it is troubling to say the least.

last season was clearly daks best season individually overall.

“flaws” as you put it, weren’t flaws at all. They were simply things you said he couldn’t do that you were dead wrong about. Young qbs have things to work on. Qb 101.

Things like:

1. lack of pass catchers, #1 wr
2. Oline injuries
3. Poor scheming, not going deep

All these issues we told you about were proven to be major factors. Once they were solved or adjusted, the “regression” or issues were over.

These things are often a major factor here and elsewhere? I mean you make it sound like these things only have happened to Dak, when they've been true with Romo too and are true with many other quarterbacks. As is typical in Dallas, individual accomplishments are not bragged about after a failure of another season. When Romo set the record that Dak almost broke last year, It was a bad season, and I don't remember people singing praises all season about Romo and how he set a record, as some dak fan boys are doing now. Praise Dak when he gets us deep into the playoffs.

It is no troll logic, to scoff at things like when people say NFC East MVP, when many of us pity the the NFC for how low it has sunk. Some of us, expect our great players and leaders to produce, get the team to finally to an NFC Championship and beyond.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

This is true. A lot of the fans complain about fans attacking Dak etc., but you see this kind of personal attack happen all the time in these threads. It happens on the other side as well because it always escalates. Eventually, it manifests itself into a visceral view point on both sides, no respect, no logical discussion, no ability to voice contrary opinions, it basically sucks.