Dak now has a worse playoff record than Tony Romo

Rowdy1

Reaction score
You must have not sat thru 34-3. 3 fumbles and an Int.

At least Dak got off the mat and scored on 5 of 6 drives at one point.

If only the defense could have done the same.
You are right Minnesota and Philly games came to mind after I typed that. This one seems to hurt worse though, maybe because it is fresh in the mind. I guess I bought into the hype this year.

Reactions: Ken

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo’s worst playoff game was 34-3 loss to Minnesota in the dome. But holy moly was the offensive line bad that day. Six sacks and well over a dozen pressures. It was a turnstile. There were times the defensive line were in the backfield with Romo in two seconds.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am curious - is Dak failing absolved because the Cowboys have failed for 30 years or is Dak really just the latest face of the failure?
Nobody's failure is absolved.

Buy its not about Dak and only Dak as most want to make it.

Are you happy this defense giving up 48 points at home? Are you happy about Parsons performance? We're you happy with Romo? Witten?

It's not just about Dak and only Dak. It's about Cowboys organizational failure for 30 years

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I notice that you aren't denying that it was all about Romo vs Dak for you a couple weeks ago.
Just trying to deflect from that with some allegedly great jab about me standing out in the woods "holding my pecker" (as if any person could hold something of that stature by themselves)

I'll ask again--what changed? Why was it Romo vs Dak a couple weeks ago, but now it's bigger picture, "30 years of crap"?
Why are we all of a sudden including *everything* post Super Bowl XXX? (which I attended, by the way, pretty amazing feat for someone who's only 12)

A few weeks ago, when you thought this was going to be different, it was all about Dak. It isn't my head he's living in.

And we both know why it's about the last 3 decades now, when it clearly wasn't a few weeks ago.
You actually bought in. You actually thought Dak had turned the corner, despite all of us telling you otherwise.
How adorable. I'm sorry, friend. I truly am. This must be like the night you discovered Santa wasn't real. :muttley:
You are hell bent on just wanting to argue about Dak vs. Romo. Why in the hell does that even matter? What's the point? It's never been about that. If that's what you think then you are lost.

Crap or crappier in the end its crap of one kind or another.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why wouldn't he? he's always been worse than Romo. Romo in a wheelchair doesn't get scared like the choker.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Dak and Romo were dramatically different styles of player who somehow produced identical results with completely different teammates and coaches years and years apart from each other.

It's almost like neither of them was REALLY the underlying problem!

zeke21

Reaction score
The comparison to Romo is unfair and always has been. It is true that Romo didn't have playoff success but far out he tried.

So yep.. if you only care about wins and losses then sure Romo lost to GB in 2014.. and Dak lost to them in 2024.. so its the same right?

Romo loses despite being nearly perfect.. after getting an era defining bad call that has since been denounced even by the league as a bad call. And that was playing a GB team in their prime, paying away at their home turf.. in the snow.

Dak loses after going 1 for 4 for 0 yards and an interception in the first quarter.. showing no heart when the game was on the line and then padding his stats in garbage time against the third string in prevent D.. and that was playing the youngest team in playoff history coming of a '500' season, with a rookie QB in his first play off.. in his home stadium in perfect conditions.

Don't ever compare Dak to Romo.. I get it.. the both didn't get a win but far out Romo had to battle a lot harder than Dak ever had to. Romo's body failed in part because he stood behind a turnstile for the first four years.. taking an absolute beating. He was the ONLY reason we won games.. when we did. Then we built the OLine but had nothing on defence and he needed to score 45-50 points on a regular basis to stay in the game. I think the stats came out once that he should have an extra 11 'game winning TD drives' except our D had given up scores with UNDER a minute left on the clock. Then he gets healthy and gets a squad in 2014 and the refs absolutely screw him and us. Then injury in 2015 and then Dak steals his job in 2016. Plus he had to contend with clapper (a really bad coach.. didn't even last a season outside of Dallas).

I was never a huge Romo fan.. but credit has to be given. That dude had a much better arm, could read a defence and has a true football IQ. Dak nowhere near his league.

Dak walked into a ready made squad with a stud RB and has managed to do exactly nothing with it in 8 years.

IceBowler

Reaction score
They both failed. So why is that matter at all?
If you want to know the truth of it - NONE of it matters - in the least. Not the Cowboys, not the 5 SBs, not the Landry years, not the Jimmy years, not the last 3 decades of despair. NONE of it. It really doesn't affect any of us unless we're drawing money from the organization in some form or fashion.

.. Kinda takes the fun out of it, huh?

:cool:

Xeven

Reaction score
NFL should just dismiss the other 21 positions and have two QB’s play against ea h othe Ron Sundays?