Dak now has a worse playoff record than Tony Romo

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Tell me another fan base that compares one QB that never won anything with another QB that never won anything as something good? Neither were good enough. Both qb's choked in big games. I will give you at least in official playoff games that Romo never did look as bad as Dak did in these last 2 playoff games.
Romo's first playoff game should resonate a little more.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I disagree it’s worse. Romo couldn’t even get to the playoffs 5 times

2-5>2-4
I’m not a big Romo apologist, but the teams that he was quarterbacking from 2010 to 2013 were worse than anything offensively we have had since. They had just begun building an actual offensive line when they drafted Tyron in 2011. Before that Jerry was getting quoted about how Romo did not really need an offensive line, because he was so quick and escaped pressure well. Many of the defenses were middling to terrible. Romo at least graduated by 2014-though his body was near the end.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not the song you stans were singing a few weeks ago when you thought this year was going to be different.

It was ALL about Romo vs Dak then. what changed? Lol
oh, so cute, been waiting out in the words. holiding his pecker waiting to say stans

tell me that you are happy about 30 years of crap? but I know you can't think past Dak. he lives in your head rent free. you can't think, eat, breath, sleep without thinking Dak

and since you are 12, and can't remember that far back and only read about stuff on internet. we sucked with Romo too......

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
oh, so cute, been waiting out in the words. holiding his pecker waiting to say stans

tell me that you are happy about 30 years of crap? but I know you can't think past Dak. he lives in your head rent free. you can't think, eat, breath, sleep without thinking Dak

and since you are 12, and can't remember that far back and only read about stuff on internet. we sucked with Romo too......
I am curious - is Dak failing absolved because the Cowboys have failed for 30 years or is Dak really just the latest face of the failure?

Cmac

Reaction score
Exactly...lol

Dak spent all that time in the weight room and still
couldn't surpass Romo in playoff wins.

Romo could go on a binge in Cabo Wabo.
Slammin' tequila shots with Sammy Hagar on playoff week and still win as many playoff games as Dak!

"Give Lance a Chance in 2024"
You obviously don't recall what happened after Cabo. And you're ok with that. Explains it all.

BoysForLife

Reaction score

I notice that you aren't denying that it was all about Romo vs Dak for you a couple weeks ago.
Just trying to deflect from that with some allegedly great jab about me standing out in the woods "holding my pecker" (as if any person could hold something of that stature by themselves)

I'll ask again--what changed? Why was it Romo vs Dak a couple weeks ago, but now it's bigger picture, "30 years of crap"?
Why are we all of a sudden including *everything* post Super Bowl XXX? (which I attended, by the way, pretty amazing feat for someone who's only 12)

A few weeks ago, when you thought this was going to be different, it was all about Dak. It isn't my head he's living in.

And we both know why it's about the last 3 decades now, when it clearly wasn't a few weeks ago.
You actually bought in. You actually thought Dak had turned the corner, despite all of us telling you otherwise.
How adorable. I'm sorry, friend. I truly am. This must be like the night you discovered Santa wasn't real. :muttley:

Cmac

Reaction score
You obviously missed the humorous attempt.
"Explains it all".
RoboQB......sorry. I missed it. Used to board members dismissing that visit and declaring leadership skills to Romo & Witten in the same sentence. My bad.

Gator88

Reaction score
RoboQB......sorry. I missed it. Used to board members dismissing that visit and declaring leadership skills to Romo & Witten in the same sentence. My bad.
Are there still people who think player leadership skills are worth anything in the NFL? I would have thought people would have realized by now since it is 2024.

Cmac

Reaction score
Are there still people who think player leadership skills are worth anything in the NFL? I would have thought people would have realized by now since it is 2024.
Leaders and Leadership skills remain important......its only when someone imposes leadership but never followed, only imposes leadership on everyone else without one's own accountability, or simply disrespecting leadership. That would be the problems. All the "I", "me", "my" and "mine" ain't worth a dam to success and prosperity for a group.

Gator88

Reaction score
Leaders and Leadership skills remain important......its only when someone imposes leadership but never followed, only imposes leadership on everyone else without one's own accountability, or simply disrespecting leadership. That would be the problems. All the "I", "me", "my" and "mine" ain't worth a dam to success and prosperity for a group.
Player leadership skills are irrelevant, culture is set at the top.

Unfortunately, the culture in Dallas is rotten, and won't be changed by the players regardless of how good their leadership skills are.

Why else would Dak have even less success than Romo if his leadership was better?

Cmac

Reaction score
Player leadership skills are irrelevant, culture is set at the top.

Unfortunately, the culture in Dallas is rotten, and won't be changed by the players regardless of how good their leadership skills are.

Why else would Dak have even less success than Romo if his leadership was better?
Romo's leadership was crap......and I've been saying we need a coach that addresses counterproductive activity during the week or repeatedly on the field without heads rolling. So yes, culture is plaguing this team. Bad culture.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Manning won 2 super bowls. You're really comparing Dak to a guy who won 14 playoff games?
No, I am not and did not compare Dak to him. Quoting some numbers is not "comparing" the players. If I was comparing the two I would have said so.

I used the numbers to show that even "elite" quarterbacks can fail in the playoffs, meaning, as I said, it's not easy to win in the playoffs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak is probably better than a blind little person with no arms. shrugs....he's a winner and a leader

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Manning's biggest problem was beating Tom Brady. Dak's losing to qbs like Purdy and Love.
Correction - the Cowboys are losing to those guys. One quarterback doesn't play the other, they aren't on the field at the same time.

I know, there are "winning" and "losing" quarterbacks for each game, same as pitchers in baseball.

Just noting that there are teams involved, the NFL isn't like tennis, billiards, etc.

I never have liked the way blame is placed on one player, even if he played a very good game but his defense was awful, etc.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not a big Romo apologist, but the teams that he was quarterbacking from 2010 to 2013 were worse than anything offensively we have had since. They had just begun building an actual offensive line when they drafted Tyron in 2011. Before that Jerry was getting quoted about how Romo did not really need an offensive line, because he was so quick and escaped pressure well. Many of the defenses were middling to terrible. Romo at least graduated by 2014-though his body was near the end.
You have to apologize to say the truth?

Sad world.