Dak now has a worse playoff record than Tony Romo

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Correction - the Cowboys are losing to those guys. One quarterback doesn't play the other, they aren't on the field at the same time.

I know, there are "winning" and "losing" quarterbacks for each game, same as pitchers in baseball.

Just noting that there are teams involved, the NFL isn't like tennis, billiards, etc.

I never have liked the way blame is placed on one player, even if he played a very good game but his defense was awful, etc.
Tell that to romo (and haters) for the peyton broncos game.

Poor guy went toe to toe with HoFer qb and still kept the choker label.

Romos teams sucked by daks comparison.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Tony Romo was injured giving it his all on the field and sometimes rushing back from injury too soon. I will never forget him leading the team to victory with broken ribs and a punctured lung and toughing it out with a broken back.

Dak has nothing on Romo when it comes to toughness
Difference between Dak and Romo?..Romo took a bunch of 3-13, 4-12 teams and carried them on his back to 8-8..Dak has taken a bunch of 12-4, 13-3 teams and done nothing with them at all. Give me Romo any day over Dak...and yes Romo had some bad games but generally speaking i never felt out of a game he was in

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Were ANY of the Romo era losses as bad a several of the Dak era losses?
We lost a season finale elimination game at Philly 44-6 in 2008. That was worse than what we saw on Sunday and we lost to Minnesota in the playoffs 34-3 in 2009.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Difference between Dak and Romo?..Romo took a bunch of 3-13, 4-12 teams and carried them on his back to 8-8..Dak has taken a bunch of 12-4, 13-3 teams and done nothing with them at all. Give me Romo any day over Dak...and yes Romo had some bad games but generally speaking i never felt out of a game he was in
Both are/were guilty of trying to do too much, Romo more so than Dak, Romo made less poor throws, though, Dak has too many of the just awful/missed the target/didn't see defenders type of throws...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo: 2-4
Dak: 2-5

In b4 someone says "but, team game" QBs usually get the majority of credit when they win. They should also get the lionshare when they lose. They're the highest paid player on the field and it's not even close.
No titles for either so what's your point? Who sucked more, is that where we've fallen? It's time we start getting winners as QB. Winners of important things.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
No, I am not and did not compare Dak to him. Quoting some numbers is not "comparing" the players. If I was comparing the two I would have said so.

I used the numbers to show that even "elite" quarterbacks can fail in the playoffs, meaning, as I said, it's not easy to win in the playoffs.

Given that only 2 QBs in NFL history have more playoff wins than Manning, your "point" makes no sense whatsoever. "Hey it's tough to win in the playoffs! Just look at Peyton Manning. He only won 14 playoff games! He only won 2 super bowls, everybody does that."

HMJYay

Reaction score
Also, for anyone interested. Romo didn't hold the team back in his playoff games. in 8 playoff games in threw for 1316 yards with 8 TD's and 2 picks. That includes a game winning drive against the Lions and would include a game winning drive against the Packers on the road if Dez just goes down with the ball on the 2 yard line instead of reaching for the end zone.

For anyone else that remembers. In 2007, Romo led a 16 play 9 minute drive to get the lead before halftime against the Giants. The defense gave the lead back with 43 seconds left in the half. Did Romo make mistakes, absolutley, but he had good playoff performances, especially later in his career. Health was his biggest issue.

Dak on the other hand:

1962 yards, 14 TD's and 7 interceptions, and a lower passing rating. And as we all know 5 of those TD's came against a putrid Tampa bay team and he racks up yards in garbage time after he puts the team behind with his interceptions. Dak has brought the team down in playoff games while Romo held the team up. And Dak has had better teams every single year. In 2014 the Cowboys defense was ranked 20th. Dak has squandered the last 3 years on really talented teams. Dak's passer rating at halftime on Sunday was 11.

bigE79

Reaction score

In b4 someone says "but, team game" QBs usually get the majority of credit when they win. They should also get the lionshare when they lose. They're the highest paid player on the field and it's not even close.
He has a lot worse playoff record compared to many QBs,not just Tony.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Also, for anyone interested. Romo didn't hold the team back in his playoff games. in 8 playoff games in threw for 1316 yards with 8 TD's and 2 picks. That includes a game winning drive against the Lions and would include a game winning drive against the Packers on the road if Dez just goes down with the ball on the 2 yard line instead of reaching for the end zone.

For anyone else that remembers. In 2007, Romo led a 16 play 9 minute drive to get the lead before halftime against the Giants. The defense gave the lead back with 43 seconds left in the half. Did Romo make mistakes, absolutley, but he had good playoff performances, especially later in his career. Health was his biggest issue.

Dak on the other hand:

1962 yards, 14 TD's and 7 interceptions, and a lower passing rating. And as we all know 5 of those TD's came against a putrid Tampa bay team and he racks up yards in garbage time after he puts the team behind with his interceptions. Dak has brought the team down in playoff games while Romo held the team up. And Dak has had better teams every single year. In 2014 the Cowboys defense was ranked 20th. Dak has squandered the last 3 years on really talented teams. Dak's passer rating at halftime on Sunday was 11.
The thread from Sturm said it all. Dak comes out of the gate in playoff games pooping himself and only in the second half when the team is usually way behind does he start to put up stats

WhizKid

Reaction score
Tell that to romo (and haters) for the peyton broncos game.

Poor guy went toe to toe with HoFer qb and still kept the choker label.

Romos teams sucked by daks comparison.
Couple this with the fact, that Broncos defense was considered a top 3 unit that year and the Cowboys defense was encroaching on being historically bad that year.

Ken

Reaction score

That's awesome!

Jalen Hurts is now 2-3 and has a combined 265 yards passing in his two wins.

5 Tds in 5 games.

Stats for won loss in playoff games are stupid.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Correction - the Cowboys are losing to those guys. One quarterback doesn't play the other, they aren't on the field at the same time.

I know, there are "winning" and "losing" quarterbacks for each game, same as pitchers in baseball.

Just noting that there are teams involved, the NFL isn't like tennis, billiards, etc.

I never have liked the way blame is placed on one player, even if he played a very good game but his defense was awful, etc.
You didn't say anything about having a problem with QBs getting credit when the win, and they definitely do. So you want them to get all the credit and none of the blame?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo missed 36 games during his career. That's over 2 full seasons. Dak definitely has him beat on fitness and health.

To me they're more or less the same QB overall on a scale from 1 to 100.
Romo had charisma.
Dak has the public
persona of a bread box.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
That's awesome!

Jalen Hurts is now 2-3 and has a combined 265 yards passing in his two wins.

5 Tds in 5 games.

Stats for won loss in playoff games are stupid.
Dear strident fellow, we weren't talking about Hurts.
Neither are we concerned with Hurts.
Perhaps you are, petulant lad.
But for...I dunno ... Cowboys discussion ... This is prime space! :thumbup:

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Very good point, many of us think Dez caught it which would have given us the lead with only about 3 minutes left (although plenty of time for Rodgers) and also the Seattle extra point debacle. Romo was very close to having two more playoff wins.
None of the Romo losses were as bad as this GB loss imho.

Ken

Reaction score
Dear strident fellow, we weren't talking about Hurts.
Neither are we concerned with Hurts.
Perhaps you are, petulant lad.
But for...I dunno ... Cowboys discussion ... This is prime space! :thumbup:
Um....OP mentioned all of the qb who won it after their 8th season.

They are not cowboys either, last I checked.

Adding some levity into this discussion of wins and losses and the QB.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Um....OP mentioned all of the qb who won it after their 8th season.

They are not cowboys either, last I checked.

Adding some levity into this discussion of wins and losses and the QB.
Sorry.
Me emotional outburst was uncalled for.
It's the stress and the meth ...
Math! Math!