Twitter: Dak on his contract: "Sure, I'm deserving"

plymkr

Reaction score
Dak had his "Big Year" against the worst pass defense schedule in the league, and choked hard against a middling Packer defense that fired their DC. I wonder if Jerry has pointed that out to Todd France.
I’m glad someone brought this up. The Green Bay Packers were ranked 27th in defense DVOA and 21st in PFF and they made our offense look stupid. We didn’t score on them until late 2nd qtr. Going into the 4th qtr we only scored 16 points. This was in our stadium.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
If you judge a year based on stats, then yes, Dak had his best year. It's quite obvious that he struggled against better competition and was flat out embarrassing against Miami, Buffalo, and Green Bay. Heck, he didn't even play well @ NYG, @ LAC, and @ NYJ. He flat out stunk against Arizona and was meh @ CAR. They were fools gold all year long and it was exposed in the wildcard round.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
I mean I am against signing this guy for 60 million … but what is he suppose say? “ no i don’t deserve a big extension “

LocoBates

Reaction score
Only a Dak over Dallas fan can read that quote and think it sounds like “not if but when”.

“If they want to move on I understand. It’s a business”

“Things have to be right in my end as well”

Dak over Dallas fans think that is “positive” talks lolololololol
I am 12hrs late into this thread, but I believe OP means the "positive" noise seen on X and other platforms about Prescott lately and not necessarily by Prescott
It almost feels as if he (Prescott) had hired an army of bots to post all kinds of stats and comments about him (Prescott), like the comparison with Mahomes (WTH?) and other garbage stats stuff.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Real Question.

Is Dak holding Jerry hostage or GM Jethro holding Jerry hostage?

LocoBates

Reaction score
As I've said from the beginning, if Jerry wanted this deal done it would have been done long ago, it's that simple.
Obviously they made him a lower offer and said you're not getting it done in the playoffs, so take it or leave it.
The hold up might not be Playoffs specifically, rather, the removal of the NO TRADE CLAUSE.
IMHO Jerra is not afraid of crapping the bed again this time with a $60M extension, but judging by how he felt after the last Playoff defeat, pretty sure he wants the NTC removed so he can kick #4 out of Dallas if he doesn't deliver (most probably) again.
If he extends he will say is a win -win as Dallas will get time to develop a QB and a choice to kick Prescott out if they want to.

ICP

Reaction score
Not sure why he’s still talking about Super Bowls.

For me at least, I would have less angst about a new deal if in the last decade he had at least gotten us to one NFCCG in ‘16, 18, ‘21, ‘22 or ‘23. His performances in those playoff games have gotten progressively worse.

Anyways, in this article he sounds like a guy who is very content and comfortable in his position.
Yep, that's because if Dallas doesn't pay him this year some other team will next year unless he gets a major injury and even then he will probably find a team desperate enough to pony up. He might not get what he's after coming off an injury but he'll get paid

plymkr

Reaction score
Yep, that's because if Dallas doesn't pay him this year some other team will next year unless he gets a major injury and even then he will probably find a team desperate enough to pony up. He might not get what he's after coming off an injury but he'll get paid
Fish reported that an NFL “insider” said Dak could possibly get 70 APY if he waits to be a FA. Fish was saying if he was Dak’s dad he’d probably tell him to wait. Now this is from Fish so take it with a grain of salt. It was in his show today at 6. I don’t know how to do that YouTube link thing. I’m sure we don’t have to worry about it though because Dak doesn’t play for money so signing for 56 million now as opposed to waiting till next year to get 70 APY wouldn’t cross Dak’s mind.

RoboQB

Reaction score
"Look into this blue light, please."
"What blue light?"
(FLASH)
"What the... oh hey 'zoners."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m glad someone brought this up. The Green Bay Packers were ranked 27th in defense DVOA and 21st in PFF and they made our offense look stupid. We didn’t score on them until late 2nd qtr. Going into the 4th qtr we only scored 16 points. This was in our stadium.
Even a bad defense can stop a 1 dimensional offense. That game was proof And what I’ve been saying all along.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Between 9 talking about loosing not being the worse thing in the world, something to that tune, and 4 talking about deserving anything, What has he done exactly to deserve? Also both of these clowns talking noise to Brady when they had a chance, man we have slided pretty low in the QB leadership department from the days of 8, not even gonna mention 12, he is in another stratosphere.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
...right now, this point in time. Dallas no one better to run the position.

Contract deal coming up.
It really does come down to just this, what is the alternative if Dak is not signed?

Rush?.....He is a career backup, when he was a free agent nobody in the league offered him a starting job.

Lance?....He is not ready, the preseason game against the Rams showed that beyond a doubt.

Draft?......Next year is one of the worst years for QBs in the draft, Deions kid is probably the top QB prospect right along with the Georgia kid, both neither project as "generational prospects".

Odds are that Dak is probably just as good, or even better, than almost any other option you could come up with over the next 2-3 yrs, so you might as well sign him to a new deal, even if it is more than you really want to pay.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
bs - hes not deserving, hes earned a new contract but not at the level he thinks he deserves
To be frank, "deserves" has nothing to do with "market value".

Tua has never won a playoff game, ever..........do you think he "deserves" to be paid $53 million a season?

When Tua was asked why he should be paid that much, do you know what his response was?

"The market is the market"..........signed Tua........here is the link for anybody that does not believe me.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...possible_contract_extension/s1_17068_40442189