Twitter: Dak on his contract: "Sure, I'm deserving"

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Cowboys are in this mess because they have absolutely no alternative to Dak.
Exactly..........somebody answer me this...........if Dak is such trash and he cant "preform" in the playoffs and he is just "all hat, no cattle", then why the hell has Dallas done jack to replace him?

Have they tried to sign a decent starting level QB in free agency..............NO
Have they used a 1st round pick to get the "Qb in waiting"........................NO
Have they drafted any QB in any round of the draft recently......................NO
Have they tried to trade for a vet QB from any team..................................NO

The only thing they have done is to trade a day 3 pick for a "project QB" after the team that traded 3-first round picks for said QB decided to cut bait and run. I'm sorry, but if this is the only thing the organization has done in years to address the QB position, then the organization clearly does not view Dak anywhere near as negatively as this board does. Otherwise, why have they done virtually nothing to replace him if he is this bad???

And if your answer is the organization is incompetent (which I cannot argue with, very real possibility), then why would this incompetent organization suddenly change their stance on Dak if they are, by all accounts, incompetent??? Why are they suddenly going to turn into a competent organization after 30 yrs and wake up tommorow and say, "you know, maybe Dak does suck".

If they dont think Dak has been the problem up till now, why are they suddenly going to change their stance and think he is the problem all of a sudden? Serious question to answer.

plymkr

Reaction score
Even a bad defense can stop a 1 dimensional offense. That game was proof And what I’ve been saying all along.
One of the worst defenses in the league last year made our offense look completely inept in the most important game of the year. Their bad defense got several TOs and made us go several 3 and outs. We only scored 16 points in 3.5 quarters. There’s no excuses for that.

plymkr

Reaction score
It really does come down to just this, what is the alternative if Dak is not signed?
Total rebuild. I feel the alternative to not paying Dak is blow up the team and reboot with a different core group of guys. I wonder if that is part of the discussion behind the scenes.

If they do sign Dak to an extension then I will believe with full confidence that our organization is completely worthless and has no plan. Any faith I had in the FO would be shot. I feel after the Green Bay game we had 2 realistic options:
1. Blow it up, reset the salary cap and draft/build a different core group of guys.
2. Resign Dak and CD early in the offseason and get salary cap relief for 2024 and try and get some FAs to help the defense and make a run.

These guys seemed to have done the worst possible idea and that is wait and be reactive to what everyone else does and then sign Dak and CD immediately before the season and field a less talented team than ‘23. I personally would have been cool with option 1 or 2, maybe leaning a little towards option 1. But I would have been cool with a proactive plan even if it meant paying Dak. But what is happening now scares me because it seems our FO is reactive and will field a more expensive but less talented team in ‘24 and in future years. I don’t blame Dak or CD. This mess is on the FO. There seems to be no premeditated direction of roster building.

Bunston10

Reaction score
He should play the next season for free, or for the amount the average American earns. He is in a highly privileged role, has worldwide fame but consistently fails when it matters.
He and his family already have more than enough money than they could ever spend if they were reincarnated 50 times.
I dont actually blame Dak though, I blame the stupid amounts of money flooding the game from TV rights and sponsorship.
Now, where is my tin hat?!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am 12hrs late into this thread, but I believe OP means the "positive" noise seen on X and other platforms about Prescott lately and not necessarily by Prescott
It almost feels as if he (Prescott) had hired an army of bots to post all kinds of stats and comments about him (Prescott), like the comparison with Mahomes (WTH?) and other garbage stats stuff.
Bet the house that Todd France has a PR office selling Dak on all social media platforms including the CZ.
Taking into consideration his performances vs playoff-caliber teams and the playoffs only a mentally challenged fan or someone who is being PAID sells Dak.

Throw in the cancer ward visits and the homeless kitchens now lately he selling DAK DAD as we see photos of his family at practice daily you get the idea.

Big Money is involved and Todd is the ringmaster and wants his 10% at all costs.

Honestly, he has done an excellent job selling this Lemon QB who after the debacles we have witnessed is not an easy task for him.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Of course Dak is deserving of a big contract. It's just not fair to players like Parsons and Lamb who fight their guts out only to watch him fold. And it's been happening so much that both Parsons and Lamb have complained to the point where we watch them give up on the field. Daks wasting everyone's careers throwing away playoff chance after playoff chance. Let another team pay him and move on. As we saw when Rush came in that the team plays harder for Rush than it does for Dak. They are all fed up with Dak.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Fish reported that an NFL “insider” said Dak could possibly get 70 APY if he waits to be a FA.
LOL. No.

Honestly, I just want to see Dak hit the free agent market to see what “the market” values for his services.

When people can’t self-assess and get a big head concerning all of the things outside of their control that led to their station in life, they deserve to come back down to reality so to speak.

How will that $55 million dollar offer look w/o an NTC compared to the $40 million maybe only one team is willing to pay for less guarantees or none at all while he sits at home watching the games on his couch not collecting a paycheck at all? How will he support his family?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly..........somebody answer me this...........if Dak is such trash and he cant "preform" in the playoffs and he is just "all hat, no cattle", then why the hell has Dallas done jack to replace him?

Have they tried to sign a decent starting level QB in free agency..............NO
Have they used a 1st round pick to get the "Qb in waiting"........................NO
Have they drafted any QB in any round of the draft recently......................NO
Have they tried to trade for a vet QB from any team..................................NO

The only thing they have done is to trade a day 3 pick for a "project QB" after the team that traded 3-first round picks for said QB decided to cut bait and run. I'm sorry, but if this is the only thing the organization has done in years to address the QB position, then the organization clearly does not view Dak anywhere near as negatively as this board does. Otherwise, why have they done virtually nothing to replace him if he is this bad???

And if your answer is the organization is incompetent (which I cannot argue with, very real possibility), then why would this incompetent organization suddenly change their stance on Dak if they are, by all accounts, incompetent??? Why are they suddenly going to turn into a competent organization after 30 yrs and wake up tommorow and say, "you know, maybe Dak does suck".

If they dont think Dak has been the problem up till now, why are they suddenly going to change their stance and think he is the problem all of a sudden? Serious question to answer.
Why and this goes back to the Romo years, they don't want to start any qb controversy's here at all

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Fish reported that an NFL “insider” said Dak could possibly get 70 APY if he waits to be a FA. Fish was saying if he was Dak’s dad he’d probably tell him to wait. Now this is from Fish so take it with a grain of salt. It was in his show today at 6. I don’t know how to do that YouTube link thing. I’m sure we don’t have to worry about it though because Dak doesn’t play for money so signing for 56 million now as opposed to waiting till next year to get 70 APY wouldn’t cross Dak’s mind.
Total BS. He won't get 50 million from any team not named "The Cowboys".

Dak is old, and has the worst playoff record ever.

No contender right now has a QB issue. All are set with better and/or younger QBs who are established. There's no way teams like the Dolphins are suddenly going to dump Tua for Dak, or the Jags dumping Lawrence for Dak. That isn't going to happen.

That leaves a few mids and bottom feeders as suitors. Which of those teams is going to destroy their caps and the next 5 years by paying Dak? Teams who are rebuilding typically don't gamble everything on old QBs who don't have any championships on their resumes. They dump those kinds of QBs so they can rebuild with a rookie.

Nobody outside of the JonesBoys is realistically going to give Dak north of 50 million. I doubt even that, because what does Dak really offer them?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Bet the house that Todd France has a PR office selling Dak on all social media platforms including the CZ.
Taking into consideration his performances vs playoff-caliber teams and the playoffs only a mentally challenged fan or someone who is being PAID sells Dak.

Throw in the cancer ward visits and the homeless kitchens now lately he selling DAK DAD as we see photos of his family at practice daily you get the idea.

Big Money is involved and Todd is the ringmaster and wants his 10% at all costs.

Honestly, he has done an excellent job selling this Lemon QB who after the debacles we have witnessed is not an easy task for him.
3%

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Not just Jerry
There were plenty of CZ members who used to say that there would be a line to sign Garrett at HC LOL
It was one of the most laughable claims in CZ history. I knew that Garrett would never be a HC again in the NFL. I also knew that he would be out of NFL coaching for good within five years, and that is exactly what happened.

Retro88

Reaction score
You honestly think he's worth it? You're really willing to pay him that kind of cash? There seems to be some weird idealogy that, just because the QB market exists, that we have to abide by it. We don't have to pay Dak that kind of money, and, we shouldn't.
I would have had Dak paid already so for me it wouldn't be 60-65 mil.

When it comes to the QB marketplace there is no "weird idealogy". When you have a good QB, you pay them. The conversation really is do you think you can eventually break through with Dak? Or do you think the guys that wanted Manziel, Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, & now Trey Lance can identify & draft the right QB? The latter being with a draft pick in the 20s.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The usual comeback is that the defense was awful. The defense isn't asking for 60M a year.
What never seems to be mentioned is that the defense has been at or near the top of the league in takeaways and turnover differential the last three seasons. For all their faults they have been a huge contributor to the success of the offense and the good regular season records.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Well that means he’ll lead in to the NFCCG game least then right? I mean he’s so deserving.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, he's seemed to gloss over the other games he keeps losing to GET to a Superbowl.

I'm afraid he just doesn't get it.....
This, exactly. I'd almost be alright with the lack of championships if the team was at least in position to compete for one. The playoff record under his guidance is historically bad. Going one and done at best instills little confidence that he has what it takes to get it done under the right circumstances.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak had the best season of his career last season. If the other 52 guys on the team could say the same the Cowboys would have won the Super Bowl. They can’t say that and the Cowboys didn’t win the Super Bowl. I’m pretty sure Todd France has pointed that out to Jerry. Pay Dak or hire someone else to be QB1. It’s up to Jerry. Dak doesn’t run the Cowboys organization.
He played out of his mind until round 1 of the playoffs, and then failed miserably. The first half of that game was one of the worst performances we've seen from him, and he didn't turn it around until GB called off the dogs. The defense didn't bail him out, and we were embarassed at home by a 7 seed.

France can say all he wants, but his client is historically bad in the playoffs. I'm sure there's some sucker on the open market that will buy his sales pitch, and I certainly hope it isn't Dallas.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I mean I am against signing this guy for 60 million … but what is he suppose say? “ no i don’t deserve a big extension “
He is supposed to say I know I've let everyone down and haven't played well in the playoffs but that is the market for QBs.
Start owning up to being part of the issue instead of pointing the finger at everyone else.

Hadenough

Reaction score

It's all about marketing. They have been selling Dak as a QB capable of leading the team to a SB. The fans know better and aren't buying that trash anymore. Jerry is stuck, he didn't expect this but that's what happens when a QB has no REAL competition to beat out to REALLY win the job.