Dak on SF loss "Y’all panicked. We didn’t."

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yall panicked, we seen the trash schedule.
  • The Cowboys are tied for second in pressures with 205 per PFF. The Eagles allow the fifth-most pressures with 196.
  • If Micah Parsons hits 13 sacks this season, he will be only the second player to do that since 1982 in their first three seasons. The other was Reggie White.
  • Brandon Aubrey has 26 field goals in his rookie year. The Cowboys season record by a rookie is Richie Cunningham with 34 in 1997.
  • CeeDee Lamb, over his first four seasons, has had eight games with 10+ catches, only the fifth player to ever do that. He also has a touchdown catch in four straight games. One more and he would be the first Cowboy since Dez Bryant (2013) to accomplish that.
  • Jake Ferguson likes to play the Eagles. In three games he has 12 receptions for 155 yards and two scores. In the first game between the two this season he had seven catches and a score.
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...game-preview-week-14-dak-prescott-ceedee-lamb

pancakeman

Reaction score
It's hilarious how every thread that has a press conference clip brings out forum critics saying "Talk isn't good enough--it's actions that count!"
If you're watching press conferences demanding to see something other than talk from a player, you somehow don't understand what a press conference is.
The NFL will never stop holding press conferences, athletes will never stop being on display there, and the only thing they'll ever do there is talk. Sorry!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I’ve always been 110% on Dak since his rookie year. What he did then showed me he can play at an elite level. You haters just don’t have what it takes to admit you were wrong. All you got is “but he hasn’t won anything “ like that’s an actual indicator of the skill and talent of a player. That’s why you get laughed at.
His rookie year he was on a stacked team. He was not elite...you simply cheapen the meaning of the word "elite" by applying it to a very good year by a first year QB. Brady won the SB his 2nd year, 1st year starting...he was not considered "elite" by his teammates THAT year. This is oversimplified "logic" that skips steps.

elite: the choicest or best of anything considered collectively, especially of a group or class of people

In 2016 the league had Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan (MVP), Cam Newton (prior year MVP), Phillip Rivers, Andrew Luck, Eli Manning...

I'm leaving off Ben Roethlisberger and Russell Wilson.

Now...are you saying Dak was "elite" in 2016 when compared with that list above?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
SF is really on another level. They had a weird 3-game slump, but they’ve been unstoppable outside of that. Dallas went toe to toe with Philly a few weeks ago. Not a lot of teams can do that. But SF is on another level. They’re the only team good enough to blowout other good teams.
Not really weird...no Trent and no Deebo.

CCBoy

Reaction score
His rookie year he was on a stacked team. He was not elite...you simply cheapen the meaning of the word "elite" by applying it to a very good year by a first year QB. Brady won the SB his 2nd year, 1st year starting...he was not considered "elite" by his teammates THAT year. This is oversimplified "logic" that skips steps.

elite: the choicest or best of anything considered collectively, especially of a group or class of people

In 2016 the league had Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan (MVP), Cam Newton (prior year MVP), Phillip Rivers, Andrew Luck, Eli Manning...

Now...are you saying Dak was "elite" in 2016 when compared with that list above?
So why are the Cowboys having such a quality season, especially at home? Plenty of factors come into play, but by far the largest factor is the play of Dak Prescott. The Cowboys QB has the second-highest home passer rating at 126.8. He has 18 touchdown passes at home in six games. If you go back to the Cowboys last home game against the Eagles in 2022, played on Christmas Eve, Prescott has more than 250 yards passing in each of those seven games, plus has a 100+ passer rating in each. Only Brett Favre has ever matched that streak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

You haters are gonna hate. And when they do win the SB you’ll disappear because no nads.

Aven8

Reaction score
Maybe should have panicked after the Cardinals loss, because that is probably gonna have you needing 3 road wins in a row. Gook Luck with that.
Well to be fair they were sideswiped by an injury to their 2nd best defensive player three days prior in practice.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Still haven't accomplished the goal. I don't like cocky Dak because he crashes out, I prefer back against the wall Dak. Also, they should still remember that beat down while they work to get better before the Playoffs.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I prefer he would not say things like this, he usually lays an egg afterwards
Confidence is a good thing, but in hindsight the panic was DURING the game....if we can avoid the 9ers we'll all sleep soundly in our beds.