Dak on the next step for the Cowboy's offense

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That last part is what I don’t understand about the joneses. If he gets injured do they have a LEGITIMATE back up plan? That kind of thinking is what got them in this mess in the first place.

Dak gets hurt 2020 and they have 3 back ups who didn’t really do well. That also has to do with poor offensive line play as well, but I believe the joneses figured they would get a cheap Dak due to the injury. Funny part is, with every game he missed and the QB stunk up, his cost increased.

If Lance is the so-called Leverage against Daks performance or injury, then his 5th year option should have been picked up but they didn’t. Typical joneses, the bark of a Rottweiler but the bite of a chihuahua
Which is the whole reason why Jerry should (but he wont) cut Dak, rather than paying him an extra $29m (if Dak maintains he wants more than Jerry's prepared to spend).
The separation may see (in 2025) a reconciliation or permanent divorce, but at least Lance would of had a chance and if he fails we'll be in decent draft position and (with the Pre-June Cut) free from the total amount of Dak's CAP hits.

starfan1

Reaction score
That's because I'm looking at it objectively.
You're using one eye....and conveniently over looking at my 'pro' Dak comment (which happens to be my first preferred choice). This always seems to be the problem with the Dak (first and last and always fans), you see what you want and ignore and shift blame on the rest.
its team game no matter how you want to frame it.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
For all of the Dak doubters, haters, etc...

Get properly informed, watch this tape and get a reality check.

Dak Prescott is not the problem.

Hey bud, long time. My view on Dak hasn't changed by watching this Video. Dak the person has never been the problem with this team, he was drafted/set up with expectations that he is unable to meet. For Dak to succeed he neds every part around him to be top Tier as he is unable to carry any team on his back. From personnel to coaching this franchise has failed, and as much as I don't blame Dak alone I also would like nothing more than to move on from him. Last year was the best team he had a chance to lead to the promised land, and it will only get worse from here. For his sake as well, it's time to rework this entire team given our current cap situation, etc

starfan1

Reaction score
The Dak fan's default position. Maybe that team ethos should go to money as well?
But qb is ....probably....the most important and influential single position.
You guys got Patrick Mahomes envy. QB is important without a doubt important but Id argue the trenches are as important. Yes i believe QBs are way inflated in pay but just having dak hit the road (which for the 100th time Im ok with ) dosnt solve our problems. If we cant run the ball and stop the run were still going to be watching the SB from home.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...787nnM0XpGEVybJLSGC71wExGesp6UzFDOXT0GbqDJul3

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You guys got Patrick Mahomes envy. QB is important without a doubt important but Id argue the trenches are as important. Yes i believe QBs are way inflated in pay but just having dak hit the road (which for the 100th time Im ok with ) dosnt solve our problems. If we cant run the ball and stop the run were still going to be watching the SB from home.
So why pay the 'way inflated price', if he isn't: a sole difference maker, taking 20% of the CAP.... and needs a running game, run defense and an O-Line.

starfan1

Reaction score
So why pay the 'way inflated price', if he isn't: a sole difference maker, taking 20% of the CAP.... and needs a running game, run defense and an O-Line.
market rate! I havent once said he deserves it . in fact he ought to take a paycut with his selfish arse but it is what it is. and no QB is the sole differnce maker they all are reliant on the TEAM unless we are talking about a generational talent and even he needs help. some are just better .I am team focused I dont care what he or Zeke or anyone else gets paid its not my $$. gotta go man i got a meeting

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...787nnM0XpGEVybJLSGC71wExGesp6UzFDOXT0GbqDJul3
I very rarely mention myhomes....lol. nice try.

It doesnt matter if you'r the best or worst...still critical.

A qb can make up for a trench mistake....but trench cant make up for qb mistake....not easily. Maybe pick uo a fumble ot tackle the intercepter.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you willing to put your house up that Dak will not be a Cowboy after this month? If. It, then it’s not both lol.
What are you talking about? Thinking it could happen, and hoping it will happen does not equate to being certain that it will happen. What a bizarre thing to say..

CWR

Reaction score
Shouldn't Dak be the one getting everyone locked in?? I'm confused
It is confusing, everyone knows you can only have one voice on a team. That's probably why we only have one team captain.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't Jerry say he was waiting until pre-season (which I agree is a lie as the decision is made 31st May)?
I believe you are correct but that reinforces the question, "Why is Jones stating publicly Prescott and he have already begun preliminary talks about his contract extension?" There would have been zero need to breathe into a microphone during the past month or so that both parties have been communicating about getting a deal done if he already told the public he planned to start talking months from now.

Again. In my opinion, Prescott is the believable source of the two parties as far as informing the public of current contract negotiation status.

Jerry knows Daks starting position (probably when the additional Void Year was agreed). If Dak doesn't think he's getting cut (and France can work Jerry out luke a puppet), then there is NO reason for Dak to negotiate....
....indeed, its in Dak's best interest to not show his hand before 31st May.... as it may result in Jerry realising there's no Home Town Discount and cuts Dak (saving himself $29m, and the chance to clear his CAP in 2024)
Hypothetically, this may all be or may eventually become true. Negotiations will result in an outcome at some point in the future. The particulars are the only thing in question as far as how Prescott, Jones and the franchise's salary cap will both benefit and be hindered by the future agreement between both parties.

That is out of my hands and none of my concern. My observations are of a general manager (once again) doing a public song-and-dance that is totally unnecessary and misleading. 'No comment' has always been an option for Jones to use. Stating he is confident a deal will get done in the end and not embellishing what is not actually happening is another option.

Jones is being Jones. I tend to comment on his unnecessary GM idiocy as he demonstrates it. Well. Strike 'tend to' from that last sentence, lol.