Dak on the next step for the Cowboy's offense

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Do you even know what you are talking about? Clearly, you don't!

You are frustratingly wrong in everything you are saying, and clearly, you don't do your research before continuing to blow smoke around here. Go rewatch the whole game of Dak's rookie playoff loss to the Packers. You will find out Dak actually started off very good, but the officials kept throwing bad flags on key throws that were brought back after big gains or non-calls on other throws where clearly the Packers committed pass interference. Those were drive killers those refs committed against the Cowboys.

Here. Do yourself a favor and rewatch the whole game to help you remember exactly what happened, instead of spewing falsehoods...

Right. And now it’s the refs fault. Woulda shoulda coulda. But didn’t.

But fine. I’ll throw out the first GB game for you.

That would still make Dak 2-4 all time in the playoffs. And still not explain away the slow starts in both SF games and this last game vs GB.

Dak hasn’t gotten it done in the playoffs… and you have blamed just about everyone else but the guy who touches the damn ball on every offensive play and is supposed to be the leader the rest of the team feeds off of.

Keep on offering up excuses though.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Right. And now it’s the refs fault. Woulda shoulda coulda. But didn’t.

But fine. I’ll throw out the first GB game for you.

That would still make Dak 2-4 all time in the playoffs. And still not explain away the slow starts in both SF games and this last game vs GB.

Dak hasn’t gotten it done in the playoffs… and you have blamed just about everyone else but the guy who touches the damn ball on every offensive play and is supposed to be the leader the rest of the team feeds off of.

Keep on offering up excuses though.
It's not excuses. It's the facts. Facts that Kurt Warner and other offer up in explanation, but your Dak hatred can't handle it.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It's not excuses. It's the facts. Facts that Kurt Warner and other offer up in explanation, but your Dak hatred can't handle it.
Dak hatred? I don’t actually hate Dak lol… but I am not blind to his deficiencies either— especially in the playoffs

You keep bringing up Kurt Warner and this effort to explain away Dak’s interceptions. They are only part of the problem.

You still haven’t been able to explain Dak’s inability to run the offense productively in the majority of the playoff games he has played.

The QB is responsible for leading his offense to points. We have seen bus drivers, gun slingers, and field generals all do it— but to this point— Dak has not gotten us to where we have needed to be when it’s mattered most.

Results matter. He himself has acknowledged he needs to play better. I don’t think I’m saying anything all that outlandish lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak hatred? I don’t actually hate Dak lol… but I am not blind to his deficiencies either— especially in the playoffs

You keep bringing up Kurt Warner and this effort to explain away Dak’s interceptions. They are only part of the problem.

You still haven’t been able to explain Dak’s inability to run the offense productively in the majority of the playoff games he has played.

The QB is responsible for leading his offense to points. We have seen bus drivers, gun slingers, and field generals all do it— but to this point— Dak has not gotten us to where we have needed to be when it’s mattered most.

Results matter. He himself has acknowledged he needs to play better. I don’t think I’m saying anything all that outlandish lol
Ok, since you know so much, how is Kurt's explanation of those INTs wrong?

cowboyed

Reaction score

Dak most definitely needs to play better in the post season. But this entire team was outcoached and outplayed by the Packers. Our offensive line was not post season caliber. Our defense cratered and Quinn made the players sacrificial to snag his head coaching job with the Commanders. The NFL allowing coaches on teams in the post season to interview with other teams does a huge disservice. Imagine if players were able to do that, there would be such an uproar. It is a huge double standard and distraction.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
You're gaslighting there. @Hawkeye19 clearly said......

It isnt the individual interceptions, it's the game management. Similarly, SF x2, he had the opportunities (4 or 5 drives in total) late in the 4th Q to pull off win/tie in both games.
We can blame or focus on many aspects on WHY we got to that point, but Dak's part in the issue is undeniable, especially problematic (and you've agreed on the AAV) if we pay Dak a greater 20% portion of the CAP.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
STILL on the INTs?! I am not going to argue Dak’s flaws solely based on his INT numbers. If you want to say he is a great QB because all his INTs were someone else’s fault— fine.

For the last several posts — I have brought up Dak’s slow, inefficient starts, and poor offensive production in his playoff losses and you STILL haven’t addressed it (aside from blaming the refs for it in the 2016 game vs GB)

The bottom line is this— the QB is the leader of the team, and he is supposed to direct the offense to production and points and deliver when the stakes are the highest. All the great ones do.

When we have needed him to deliver on the biggest stages— he has not led the offense to championship caliber production. And his paycheck says he is supposed to do that— which is why his production gets so scrutinized

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak most definitely needs to play better in the post season. But this entire team was outcoached and outplayed by the Packers. Our offensive line was not post season caliber. Our defense cratered and Quinn made the players sacrificial to snag his head coaching job with the Commanders. The NFL allowing coaches on teams in the post season to interview with other teams does a huge disservice. Imagine if players were able to do that, there would be such an uproar. It is a huge double standard and distraction.
The entire team failed to show up. The defense was atrocious. That is all true.

But we needed Dak to lead us to some points and stop the avalanche. We needed him to “snap out of the funk” and lead his unit in a response to help regain some fight and confidence— but instead, it was 27-0 and this team was DOA before the 2nd half even started.

Literally nothing was working. There can be a lot of theories as to why the team was a no show— you highlighted Quinn’s interview as a possible explanation. Maybe.

My explanation is this: they overlooked GB. Players had already scheduled victory parties. They thought the W was in the bag— and Dak clearly either didn’t influence this dynamic in the locker room, or even worse— he tried to influence it and they tuned him out.

How many times are we gonna hear him say — “we are gonna be better and learn from this disappointing loss”— only to take the field the next big moment and crap the bed?

There is no way anyone on this team should be overlooking any opponent. And if people want to give Dak flowers for being the team leader and face of the franchise— well, where the hell was that leadership while we were being eviscerated by a 7 seed at home on national TV?!

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
You're gaslighting there. @Hawkeye19 clearly said......

It isnt the individual interceptions, it's the game management. Similarly, SF x2, he had the opportunities (4 or 5 drives in total) late in the 4th Q to pull off win/tie in both games.
We can blame or focus on many aspects on WHY we got to that point, but Dak's part in the issue is undeniable, especially problematic (and you've agreed on the AAV) if we pay Dak a greater 20% portion of the CAP.
Exactly! Thank you :clap:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's my take......as an old high school coach once told me, every player and every position has a responsibility to do their job the best they can regardless of what other players/positions are doing. Do your job and leave nothing on the field. This is especially true for Dak and the QB position coz their impact and leadership affect the entire team. There is a reason why they are the highest paid.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak talks like a politician, just like Garrett used to. When I hear him in interviews it makes me ill. I think my grandmother has the same hat.

khiladi

Reaction score
He's lacking confidence .......... that's for sure

What’s there to grow on in the new offense?
They had Dak bail pocket of his earlier reads weren’t there. Dak still can’t throw past his first read.

They scrapped what they were doing at the bye and force fed Lamb off a lot of motion. GB had the personnel to take Lamb out the game and it became a nightmare for Dak.

This is all that matters in the end, that talent level that Dak doesn’t have. Leaders are confident in their skills to make plays. He’s reached his maximum, had a really successful career for an average QB that should have been a back up.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
"We want Dak Prescott. That's that," Jones said. "There's no question that Mike's [McCarthy] focus, not that he didn't have focus, but how he [Prescott] improved last year. I give Mike a lot of credit for that. That improvement demonstrated to me there's more as far as ultimately winning what we're trying to do here. ... We think that there's room for growth. He is absolutely unsurpassed as what he is as an individual with his work ethic, what he brings with his leadership and everything about what you would think about as a quarterback. So he's got that. He's had a few hits, but everybody has that, too ... This wouldn't even be my response if we were in a different place relative to the cap. ... That's our challenge and to make it work out. Dak as the quarterback Cowboys, I don't even have a blink on that one."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ns-communication-has-been-back-and-forth/amp/

Dak is regurgitating what Jerry said. Mike McCarthy has one more year to see if they can get anything more out of Dak.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You will find out Dak actually started off very good, but the officials kept throwing bad flags on key throws that were brought back after big gains or non-calls on other throws where clearly the Packers committed pass interference. Those were drive killers those refs committed against the Cowboys.
Dude. You've reached a new low here.

#everybodyandeverythingelsesfault