Dak only 1 of 5 active QBs to lead league in TDs in a year

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers - 2 (2016, 2020)

Patrick Mahomes - 2 (2018, 2022)

Lamar Jackson - 1 (2019)

Dak Prescott - 1 (2023)

Russell Wilson - 1 (2017)

I see no reason to not resign him. We have one of the more elite QBs in the league. This defense is Zimmer's job to fix, not his. Until it's fixed expect us to go 1 and done regularly. Sure his price tag is gonna be expensive but so is half the QBs in the league, and they all navigate around it. Id sign him to 6 years in the low 50s.
Agree, however, I would think that's closer to the offer, than what Dak's looking for (especially the number of years).

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it's about agreeing or disagreeing.... for me it's about REALITY. What REALLY HAPPENED. The TRUTH.

See most of yall are "opinion based". You can move goalposts and be hypocrites with opinions. But real life production can't be skewed.

Many of you try to blame our players for something.... then give players from other teams excuses for failure in the same category. Do you see how fake that looks?

If (player A) from our team is expected to make the players around him better and/or play to a certain standard, then (player B) on a different team playing the same exact position is supposed to be held to the same standards, no excuses.

That doesn't happen around here. I don't have to point fingers, everyone knows who the lil weak hypocrites are. A hit dog WILL holler....
Who is "yall"?

You know this is bull. EVERYONE finds the stats that support their opinion.

"Lies, dang lies, and then there's stats". If you are looking for "truth".

You hit dogs?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Whats funny...odd... is daks biggest fans call him a great leader, mvp runner up. Yet he could neither play well enough, nor even just mentally rally his team in the playoffs.

But dak doesnt play defense or throw the ball to himself.

Imma gonna say mahomes as an easy lazy OBVIOUS example..but you think he doesnt inspire the defense?

Dak doesnt gave to be a great leader. He can choke in playoffs. We just have to be honest about it.

Not you jazz...just adding to your comment.
Yet another fan who puts all the blame on the QB and none on the other 52, the coaches or the FO. It’s all Daks fault.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Where is the stat for defending against the RUN. I see that it was conveniently left out, I'm not sure if that was a mistake or not.

But what was our defensive rankings vs the run.....
I don't know. Those stats were pulled from an article. Certainly run defense was the weak spot- IMO a result of having athletic speed players on the D-line vs. power control players, combined with weakness at the LB position. This defense was at its best when Dallas had a lead, and the defense could pin its ears back and attack.

erod

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers - 2 (2016, 2020)

Patrick Mahomes - 2 (2018, 2022)

Lamar Jackson - 1 (2019)

Dak Prescott - 1 (2023)

Russell Wilson - 1 (2017)

I see no reason to not resign him. We have one of the more elite QBs in the league. This defense is Zimmer's job to fix, not his. Until it's fixed expect us to go 1 and done regularly. Sure his price tag is gonna be expensive but so is half the QBs in the league, and they all navigate around it. Id sign him to 6 years in the low 50s.
Lol, he's garbage against good teams.

Hard pass.

GINeric

Reaction score
Ok, but under analyzed statistics are just numbers. It may be TRUTH, but everyone is able to produce a TRUTH. Most fans wouldnt be surprised by the OP TRUTH, but it's also TRUTH, that despite his regular season performances ....it never translates to Post-Season.

And this is a fair statement, no problem.

But it's the whole team's performance that doesn't translate in the post-season, but somehow only one player is mentioned as if this were boxing or golf.

GINeric

Reaction score
They all have conference title game experience. Fact.

Point one of yours is subjective.

Point two is subjective.

Point three I'll concede you are correct.

Point four just means you don't pay Dak like guys who were drafted higher AND have actually sniffed a title game.

You said point one and two are subjective???

Name me the head coaches and offensive coordinators that Dak had that were better than what Mahomes, Burrows, Lamar Jackson, Wilson and Hurts had.

I'll patiently wait.....

GINeric

Reaction score
This board is going to clean up real nice in another year.

It usually cleans up real nice after wins. Certain elements of people mysteriously disappear and don't post all week after wins.

It's baffling to think that real Cowboys fans don't post and celebrate with us after wins but only post after losses.

This occurrence is stranger than the Bermuda Triangle.

GINeric

Reaction score
As a Philly fan I want you guys to pay Dak and make him QB for life.

Also, glad to see Zeke back.

YOU FINALLY CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET!!!!

I swear I am really proud of you my friend, but I already knew you weren't a Cowboys fan.

You know what gave your whole shtick away? Every time we won, you would hide and fail to post anything until we loss again. I can tell you hated our win streaks because your post count became extremely low.

I respect you for finally admitting being a rival fan, but we already knew you were one of the biggest frauds on the board. There are two or three others right along with you.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This board is going to clean up real nice in another year.
Ya, most of whats left from the Dakdavidians will be following their idol to his new team.
P.S. Unfortunately once his new team realizes what they signed and bench the trash man some of davidians will be back to complain every single chance they get about our new QB1.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
YOU FINALLY CAME OUT OF THE CLOSET!!!!

I swear I am really proud of you my friend, but I already knew you weren't a Cowboys fan.

You know what gave your whole shtick away? Every time we won, you would hide and fail to post anything until we loss again. I can tell you hated our win streaks because your post count became extremely low.

I respect you for finally admitting being a rival fan, but we already knew you were one of the biggest frauds on the board. There are two or three others right along with you.
If he was really an iggles fan he would want Dak to stay in Dallas for the next 20 years.

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Yet another fan who puts all the blame on the QB and none on the other 52, the coaches or the FO. It’s all Daks fault.

Plenty of blame to go around . I haven't heard anyone excuse anyone , save the DakDavidians who claim its the other 51 , while their Hero stares the D down with the Doe eyes caught in headlights, while his right hand is on his Pud, Choking it

Yet another DakDavidian who puts on the blame on the other 52 , and absolves the Doe Eyed Choking Loser of playing a part of it . Luckily for those who know Football , the Jones boy clearly see what we see , DAK STINKS !!