Dak or Zeke better win MVP

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Seeing how everyone is saying Ryan should win MVP.. I don't know why Romo never won one. I think they hate voting for Cowboy players for MVP.

Exactly..

The excuses they use against Cowboys and for other players makes it obvious.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Eh. Matt Ryan is having an incredible year, I don't see how he doesn't get it
This...and as much as I berate Ryan's postseason record, he has had a monstrous season...his best ever. He's sitting at 115.5 on passer rating...and has a real chance of eclipsing 5,000 yds vs. the Saints...which is looking like it may become a shootout.

perrykemp

Reaction score
This...and as much as I berate Ryan's postseason record, he has had a monstrous season...his best ever. He's sitting at 115.5 on passer rating...and has a real chance of eclipsing 5,000 yds vs. the Saints...which is looking like it may become a shootout.

The combination of leading the league in QB rating and having a ~5000 yard season will clinch it for him.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I suspect the final MVP ordering when the votes come in will be:
  1. Ryan - Top rated passer (by QB rating), winning team, historical good scoring offense, pushing 5000 yards, etc
  2. Brady - Just another year of near perfection from him -- 25 TDs, 2 Interceptions, without Gronk, with motley crew of WRs that would be WR3, WR4, and WR5 on other teams
  3. Rodgers - 40 TDs already (36 passing, 4 rushing) and might end the year with 44-45. Has basically played perfect since mid November or so
  4. Zeke - League leading rusher on the #1 team in the NFL
  5. Dak - The best rookie quarterbacking the league has ever seen. 105 QB rating is off the charts for a rookie, not to mention a 4th round draft pick

CO- ROTY Dak & Zeke

No MVP

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think Dak and Zeke will share the Rookie of the Year award, Aaron Rodgers will win the MVP (if Green Bay makes the playoffs) and Matt Ryan will win Offensive Player of the Year.

Spread the love.

kramskoi

Reaction score
2014 MVP

Rodgers: 31 votes.
Watt: 13 votes
Murray: 2 votes
Romo: 2 votes
Brady: 1 vote
Wagner: 1 vote

It doesn't take long to deduce what the voters thought of Romo, Murray and their offensive line...which has become legend since 2014. The thinking then becomes: "well anyone could do what they are doing behind that line". Some real Cowboy hate in there too though...look at Watt...thirteen votes? Ridiculous. What could Watt (20.5 sacks) really do for a team with shoddy quarterback play? Fitzpatrick wasn't taking the Texans anywhere in 2014...they finished 9-7 and did not make the playoffs. Demarcus Ware in 2008 had a 20 sack season as well...only it failed to impress a single voter:

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis 32

Chad Pennington, Miami 4

Michael Turner, Atlanta 4

Adrian Peterson, Minnesota 3

James Harrison, Pittsburgh 3

Philip Rivers, San Diego 2

Chris Johnson, Tennessee 1

Kurt Warner, Arizona 1

In any event, it really doesn't surprise me at all...the level of impudence thrown the Cowboys way...in 1992, the entire defense got snubbed.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I suspect the final MVP ordering when the votes come in will be:
  1. Ryan - Top rated passer (by QB rating), winning team, historical good scoring offense, pushing 5000 yards, etc
  2. Brady - Just another year of near perfection from him -- 25 TDs, 2 Interceptions, without Gronk, with motley crew of WRs that would be WR3, WR4, and WR5 on other teams
  3. Rodgers - 40 TDs already (36 passing, 4 rushing) and might end the year with 44-45. Has basically played perfect since mid November or so
  4. Zeke - League leading rusher on the #1 team in the NFL
  5. Dak - The best rookie quarterbacking the league has ever seen. 105 QB rating is off the charts for a rookie, not to mention a 4th round draft pick

I would rather have 2 players in the top 5 and neither win the award than 1 player in the top 5 who wins the award.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Am I the only one that just sees future contract dollars flying out the window when people talk about MVPs and probowls? I mean, it's great for the players themselves, but it's not really good for the team to have two guys whose agents are going to get to bring up the MVP discussion talk come bargaining time.

sean10mm

Reaction score
They keep calling Zeke and Dak special rookies so the NFL should think out of the box and create a special exception.

Again, the NFL has no control over the major awards except the Pro Bowl - where Dak and Zeke both got in as rookies. Can't fault the league for this one.

MVP, coach of the year, assistant of the year, offensive player of the year, defensive player of the year, offensive rookie of the year, defensive rookie of the year, and comeback player of the year are all voted on by the Associated Press.

Pepsi NEXT rookie of the year is a fan vote only, so nobody really controls that. Same with the FedEx AIr & Ground players of the year.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I think people tend to ding him for his past failures and are somehow projecting that into their view of Ryan the 2016 MVP candidate.
You're right. A lot of the voting is based on reputation when all else is close.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Am I the only one that just sees future contract dollars flying out the window when people talk about MVPs and probowls? I mean, it's great for the players themselves, but it's not really good for the team to have two guys whose agents are going to get to bring up the MVP discussion talk come bargaining time.
You're onto something there, IMO. That said, the actual vote result matters less than the stats that it took to get them into the conversation to begin with. You can be sure their agents will be pointing to those stats regardless of the vote outcome...and rightfully so. JJ has assembled a really good, young team. It will take some skillful cap maneuvering to keep this thing together, but I trust in Stephen to do just that!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think Dak and Zeke will share the Rookie of the Year award, Aaron Rodgers will win the MVP (if Green Bay makes the playoffs) and Matt Ryan will win Offensive Player of the Year.

Spread the love.

Barely sneaks into the playoffs and gets MVP?

Not to mention we dominated them.

Ryan is the only real case the media can present against Zeke IMO.

LandryFan

Reaction score
Or if they had New England's league's easiest schedule.

The best QB who couldn't beat the Patriots this year has been Ryan Tannehill.
Yes, sir. Playing in the AFC East does have its perks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Barely sneaks into the playoffs and gets MVP?

Not to mention we dominated them.

Ryan is the only real case the media can present against Zeke IMO.

Last time I checked, the MVP hasn't gone to players on undefeated teams. So what if we beat the Packers? The MVP is not a team award (otherwise, the Dallas offensive line would win it) but an individual award. And there's major buzz around Rodgers, his "run the table" prediction and the fact that he doesn't play with a great defense.

Personally, I feel Dak should win it. I would put him over Zeke because:
1. I don't care if he has a dominant line, he's performing at an unheard-of, unseen level for a rookie,
2. He has won without Dez
3. He has won without Zeke playing full games
4. His efficiency is off the charts
5. The Cowboys have the best record in the NFL and
5. Quarterback seems to be the position that wins this award the most.

Having said all that, I still think Rodgers wins it. He basically is carrying the Packers into the playoffs.