Dak outplayed Goff

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was a rookie coming from a college style offense.

Does McVey factor in? Sure.

But to act like he just has to line up under center and Poooof.....success! Is ridiculous.

This doesn’t even pass the barstool test. If we bring in an OC with a brain and a pulse and Dak’s numbers jump you’d be on here arguing with anyone trying to discredit him and touting his numbers.
I think McVey can make a average qb look good. He’s proven that with his resume. And quit bringing up Dak. We are talking about Goff and McVey aren’t we?

rags747

Reaction score
Would’ve set this team back 10 years.
Doesn’t seem to have hurt the Rams, why would it have set us back 10 years when it seems to have accelerated the Rams return to prominence only 2 years later, asking for a friend.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think McVey can make a average qb look good. He’s proven that with his resume. And quit bringing up Dak. We are talking about Goff and McVey aren’t we?

Resume?

Are you talking Kirk Cousins?

The same Cousins that put up his best season with a different team (Vikes), under a different OC (that was fired mid-season, lol), and head coach?

Based on your contention Cousins should have fallen off in Minnesota sans McVey.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doesn’t seem to have hurt the Rams, why would it have set us back 10 years when it seems to have accelerated the Rams return to prominence only 2 years later, asking for a friend.
Because Rams have actual coaching and are developing their quarterback.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Resume?

Are you talking Kirk Cousins?

The same Cousins that put up his best season with a different team (Vikes), under a different OC (that was fired mid-season, lol), and head coach? Wouldn’t Cousins fallen off in Minnesota according to your contention?
It’s hard to fall off with arguably the best recording tandem in the league. They have two of the best receivers in the league that made even Case Keenum look good.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
why is it whenever we lose, like 10 threads spring up almost IMMEDIATELY that tout Dak and how he was awesome despite the stats, etc. etc. ?

DezNuts

Reaction score
Goff is terrible, we should have forced them to beat us through the air and sellout on the run like the rams did. Atleast our defense wouldn't have been on the field for close to 40 mins if they beat us through the air.

sideon

Reaction score
Goff didn't have to throw much and he made big throws which setup big runs.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wow...your blind hate makes you completely lose any ability to think rationally. "Garbage time" is pulling the team to within 1 score of tying the game in the 3rd quarter. Amazing.

And if you think that the PI was ticky tack, you are smoking crack. Dak made a great throw on that and if he wasn't interferred with, he catches it for the td.

And I don't know where you came up with your methodology for stat tracking but it is horrific. He had EXACTLY 1 Drive in the 4th quarter (he was 5-7)and it came with a little over 7 minutes left in the game. The defense was sooooo bad that they only got the ball once and scored on that drive. Pathetic.

Keep painting performing great when it matters as a bad thing..

A great throw that sailed wobbling like fifty feet high and dropped down like a dud, while he stumbled away from pressure going like 15 yards backward.. OK

He had 7 minutes and he took five minutes against a prevent defense, burning time off the clock with his horrible awareness of the situation. The guy went immediately to his checkdown keeping everything short and in the middle and didn’t even look to the sidelines or downfield.

The guy took five minutes in prevent. Even Aikman was pointing out how much time they were burning.

Horrible awareness like his HC..

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Whoa!!! Who do you think threw the passes they caught? Why is it accredited to other quarterbacks when receivers have good games and seasons but with Dak it’s everyone else BUT Dak? SMH.
Goff missed some wide open receivers too. As all quarterbacks do from time to time. But no one is magnifying that.

It is just seeing how badly some of those misses where. To me it is part of being clutch making those passes in a important game during critical times. There also some catches where like in another game when aikman said "good adjustment by cooper" where a receiver had to make an adjustment to catch a badly thrown ball. Anyway it was the question asked, and I was just pointing out that I thought the receivers did their job in that game at a point where dak wasn't. Yeah Dak came back in the 4th quarter and made it a game, but he helped dig the hole we were in by having the score 30-15 in the 4th quarter. Anyway, next year should be a blank slate for him. Hopefully he can work on becoming a deep threat like McNabb was who also had accuracy issues but could make you pay with the big play.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If you mean Prescott's rating, here it is.

15 of 25 190 yd 1 td 0 int 97.1

The drive you just removed put the team in position to tie the game if the defense makes a stop at the end, so it's not like it was exactly a meaningless drive anyway.

So does that prove that quarterback ratings isn't that meaningful of a stat when you can have a nice one and score about half as many points as the other team? 30-15 which could've easily been 38-15 if not for the defense everyone is blaming for losing the game holding them to field goals twice.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I mean, Goff is overrated. But, McVay is able to get him to execute the zone flood scheme, and more importantly, is smart enough to run the pre-snap adjustments that McVay prepares for him. We saw that a ton on Saturday.

So, as an NFL QB he's not elite or anything, but he's good enough.

It should also be apparent to everyone with eyes that one coach came into that game extremely prepared to play against the other, and it wasn't us. From the first drive McVay had Cover 3 and man-to-man beating (most of what we run) alignments locked tight to the line of scrimmage giving us looks that'd worry us in the passing game (and target single high), and he totally flips the script using those alignments to deceive us when theyd prepped using them to blow us out in the running game.

It was beautiful, if it wasn't happening to us I mean.

It's just hard to compare when there's just a big difference in coaching. I think they're pretty similar actually, Dak could be better I think *if* we had someone take advantage. He's also super clutch which is nice. Goff is better at pre-snap adjustments and hitting guys in stride, but again it's hard to tell how much of this is preparation.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe because Goff has more God given talent? Dak was blessed with certain qualities that no doubt are very admirable qualities, throwing the ball as a qb was far down on the list of blessings. Do U disagree with that premise?
I don’t...but for all that god given talent...his numbers sure look pedestrian over the past 2 months.