Dak outplayed Goff

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
Because our season is over and we are looking to the future and analyzing our players and if they should get extended.... you can stew about the loss for as long as you want
Sit in the corner a little more crying out that our "QB" is better then there's. I can remind myself of that when i watch Saints and Rams play for the NFC championship game.

wrongway

Reaction score
only because they didnt need Goff, they simply did what we typically do RUN run run run some more and kept our offense off the field..i feel if we simly had two more possessions we win this game..it never happened..
Didn't make the most out of the possessions they had.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Ok. That may be your opinion. But I have read where YOU have personally attacked Dak for winning games in the exact same fashion as you applaud Goff, Wentz and others of the sort for. Now if there’s no agenda, why the double standards and hypocrisy?
Dak had 22 tds to 8 ints. Plus 6 rushing tds. I’d say that was pretty decent for a run first offense.
Except its not, and ive never personally attacked Dak. Goff also had better numbers last season on 477 pass attempts and Dak had over 500 attempts this year and couldnt match those numbers

Brax

Reaction score
Ok. Name one offensive player besides Dak who stepped up and kept it competitive? Because we all know if this were Romo you guys would be talking about how it would’ve been a blowout if Romo didn’t carry the team.
why why why when Dak fails Romo somehow ends up in the posts. Cooper played well, Gallop played well, OL protected him well and gave him time, shame Dak couldn't find them more, like Aikman said, they were wide open. Sometimes the QB has to step up and take the game in hand, 22 points isn't going to get it done against a team that routinely scores 30.

redrobin315

Reaction score
It’s just Dak excuse time. Dak was mediocre and all you are hearing from his homers is excuses and it’s everybody’s else’s fault.

Guess what?

The Rams didn’t respect Dak’s arm at all. And the Rams secondary is garbage.

Dak floundered for the whole first half plus. After the scripted drive ended in a TD like usual this was the chart:

1. 4 plays and out him THROWING TWICE on second and third.
2. The very next series after Zeke rushed for 5 yards on first, Dak goes 0 for 2 on three and out, meaning THROWING TWICE.
3. Dallast THREW 6 times and ran Zeke only 3 times while he was averaging 8 YPC and Dak takes a sack to put them out of FG range in the next series. And of course that was on softer coverage with three minutes to go in the half.
4. The very next series again, 3 and out and Dak THREW TWO attempts while Zeke ran once to begging the second half.

IT WAS 13-7 for pretty much the whole first half and Dak absolutely blew chunks even with the defense ‘sucking’. NOBODY CAN SAY ZEKE WASN’T RUNNING THE BALL HERE or Linehan wasn’t letting Dak play with his arm. This was PASS HEAVY MEDIOCRITY.

DAK COULD NOT KEEP PACE WITH THE RAMS FOR A WHOLE HALF WITH HIS ARM DESPITE IT BEING 13-7 and the Rams defense should have had a pick 6, just like the Seattle secondary should have had a pick 6.

He got his first TD while scripted and the second in usual Rams giving up big plays in a single drive when Aqil Talib went out. Joyner left his man wide open and blew coverage on a 1st and 20 and did what every CB is NOT supposed to do.

As soon as the Rams reinsert Aqil Talib and Wade stops dropping his DBs like 10 yards off the WRs because of this mediocrity Dak again can’t doing anything and only scored in prevent when the Rams gave them everything underneath and all he was doing was checking down. And even then they gifted him a PI on another horrible ‘escap’ from the pocket on a garbage throw on Aqil Talib.

MEDIOCRITY.

Comparing this performance to Romo and his defense is a joke. The Rams were selling out to stop the run just like every team this year and we’re daring Dak to beat them. And he couldn’t.
:hammer:

keysersoze

Reaction score
Except its not, and ive never personally attacked Dak. Goff also had better numbers last season on 477 pass attempts and Dak had over 500 attempts this year and couldnt match those numbers
Look Lil Man. You just hate everything about Dak and it’s apparent. So no matter what you’ll never give him credit for anything positive. Your constant attacks and hypocrisy shows what type of person you are. The Rams beat us at our own game. In my opinion that’s on the coaching staff for not preparing adequately. Goff was very pedestrian in the win but you applaud him. Dak best teams in the same fashion and you berated him. Why is that? What makes Dak’s victories less significant than others? You’re a Cowboys fan supposedly so I really want to know the answer.

keysersoze

Reaction score
why why why when Dak fails Romo somehow ends up in the posts. Cooper played well, Gallop played well, OL protected him well and gave him time, shame Dak couldn't find them more, like Aikman said, they were wide open. Sometimes the QB has to step up and take the game in hand, 22 points isn't going to get it done against a team that routinely scores 30.
So Dak allowed a record setting rushing performance and gave up 30 points?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Look Lil Man. You just hate everything about Dak and it’s apparent. So no matter what you’ll never give him credit for anything positive. Your constant attacks and hypocrisy shows what type of person you are. The Rams beat us at our own game. In my opinion that’s on the coaching staff for not preparing adequately. Goff was very pedestrian in the win but you applaud him. Dak best teams in the same fashion and you berated him. Why is that? What makes Dak’s victories less significant than others? You’re a Cowboys fan supposedly so I really want to know the answer.

Folks are just calling out the hypocrisy of the Dak apologists. Dak has put just “pedestrian” numbers as Goff did in wins and you guys were heeehaaawing about “numbers don’t matter; all that matters is the W!”

keysersoze

Reaction score
Folks are just calling out the hypocrisy of the Dak apologists. Dak has put just “pedestrian” numbers as Goff did in wins and you guys were heeehaaawing about “numbers don’t matter; all that matters is the W!”
That’s cool. I feel that way no matter what. But let’s be honest. Everyone ain’t pointing out hypocrisy. Some are seriously filled with hatred for Dak. For a multitude of reasons. Don’t candy coat the bs.

Brax

Reaction score
Rams have one of the best OL in football, perhaps if Dak could hit more receivers in-stride and not miss open receivers, and throw more often to them (Troys assessment) in this game to help the D out like it helpedhim out many times this year. It might help open up the run game maybe that and one or 2 more scores would of helped tremendously, Dak had some nice throws but as usual had some really poor ones and just didn't throw to wide open ones. Again not sure why Romo has anything to do with it but perhaps Dak could ask him for some coaching in the off season.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Rams have one of the best OL in football, perhaps if Dak could hit more receivers in-stride and not miss open receivers, and throw more often to them (Troys assessment) in this game to help the D out like it helpedhim out many times this year. It might help open up the run game maybe that and one or 2 more scores would of helped tremendously, Dak had some nice throws but as usual had some really poor ones and just didn't throw to wide open ones. Again not sure why Romo has anything to do with it but perhaps Dak could ask him for some coaching in the off season.
So was Dak responsible for the 22 points we scored and making it competitive down to the final possession? The defense was atrocious. Zeke and the Oline were not productive and the coaching was straight garbage. So tell me Genius. Who engineered our scoring drives?

Brax

Reaction score
So was Dak responsible for the 22 points we scored and making it competitive down to the final possession? The defense was atrocious. Zeke and the Oline were not productive and the coaching was straight garbage. So tell me Genius. Who engineered our scoring drives?
everyone is garbage but Dak, that's your view, I will give Dak credit for 11 sense he's the QB the rest for the other guys on O. You need help on your unfounded aggression, your hate and innuendo. I think the great majority would love for Dak to be a great QB, just doesn't appear at this point to be the case wish as you will. Maybe he should have your other idol Romo mentor him on how to throw the ball with proper mechanics.

keysersoze

Reaction score
everyone is garbage but Dak, that's your view, I will give Dak credit for 11 sense he's the QB the rest for the other guys on O. You need help on your unfounded aggression, your hate and innuendo. I think the great majority would love for Dak to be a great QB, just doesn't appear at this point to be the case wish as you will. Maybe he should have your other idol Romo mentor him on how to throw the ball with proper mechanics.
Never said everyone is garbage. I simply pointed out the other aspects of the team that were inadequate on Saturday. Dak wasn’t one of those. Yes, he missed on some throws. He also made some damned good ones. He also made some good decisions. As far as I know there’s no quarterback who’s 100% accurate. We saw Goff miss wide open receivers too. Brady missed some. Brees missed some. Rivers missed some. So on and so on.... So what’s your point? Why is Dak the only quarterback who’s crucified for doing what everyone else does? And even when he’s on, you hypocrites still dig to find ways to discredit and diminish the good things he does. Please explain this to me. Doesn’t sound like Cowboys fandom to me. Sounds like an agenda

Brax

Reaction score
Never said everyone is garbage. I simply pointed out the other aspects of the team that were inadequate on Saturday. Dak wasn’t one of those. Yes, he missed on some throws. He also made some damned good ones. He also made some good decisions. As far as I know there’s no quarterback who’s 100% accurate. We saw Goff miss wide open receivers too. Brady missed some. Brees missed some. Rivers missed some. So on and so on.... So what’s your point? Why is Dak the only quarterback who’s crucified for doing what everyone else does? And even when he’s on, you hypocrites still dig to find ways to discredit and diminish the good things he does. Please explain this to me. Doesn’t sound like Cowboys fandom to me. Sounds like an agenda
No agenda, Dak plays a good game he gets full credit just like I gave him in the wildcard game, played great, I think he misses a lot of routine throws is the concern of many no hidden agenda what ever that is suppose to mean, is "agenda" code for something, for the life of me I can not see what you mean.?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Change my mind

Dak- 20-32... 266yds .....1TD..... 1Rushing TD
Goff- 15-28 ....186yds.......0TD

Overthrowing Cooper and throwing behind Gallup were two big plays that he has to make in a game like this.

Whether that's fair, it's reality. LA wanted to shut down our running game and accomplished that. We had to beat them with our passing game, and didn't.

There are a few other throws that could be added to the ones above that we have to make when teams do that or they will continue to do it unless we get more creative on offense to make it less necessary.

keysersoze

Reaction score
No agenda, Dak plays a good game he gets full credit just like I gave him in the wildcard game, played great, I think he misses a lot of routine throws is the concern of many no hidden agenda what ever that is suppose to mean, is "agenda" code for something, for the life of me I can not see what you mean.?
Ok. That’s fine. We all have an opinion. And if you’re being unbiased in your evaluations of Dak then that’s great. But to speak for many is a bit of a reach. MANY have an agenda they want to make a point of. That’s indisputable. And FYI. An agenda could be many different things. Such as being upset that Romo was replaced after being repeatedly injured and without any significant postseason wins. Of course there are other agendas as well.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Overthrowing Cooper and throwing behind Gallup were two big plays that he has to make in a game like this.

Whether that's fair, it's reality. LA wanted to shut down our running game and accomplished that. We had to beat them with our passing game, and didn't.

There are a few other throws that could be added to the ones above that we have to make when teams do that or they will continue to do it unless we get more creative on offense to make it less necessary.
So.... Dak is the only quarterback who misses throws? Or does EVERY QUARTERBACK miss?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Funny thing is the 30 points were below LA's scoring average. Of course, I don't doubt that the Rams could have scored more against us if needed.

I expected going into the game that we wouldn't be able to hold them under 24. And I expected us to lose because we wouldn't be able to score 24. A lot of the reason for that is the play-calling and some of the reason is Dak missing on some critical passes. If the play-calling is better, though, maybe those critical passes aren't as critical.