Dak outplayed Wentz

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Looool, the Dak-a-zoids are hilarious.

Dak throws an easy 4-yard TD to Zeke (same easy throw he missed to Zeke earlier in the game BTW) and folks are crowing.

Nevermind all the missed reads, poor throws, spazzing out in the pocket that was clear to everyone else watching.

Yep, let's strike up the old "Who'd you Rather Have: Brady or Dak?" thread again!!!!

"wE g0tz oUr quoRterBak gUyz!!!"

I don't even think people hate Dak as much as some of you people think, but the excuse making for him makes people of sound mind want to point out all his mistakes.

Ken

Reaction score
Lol, it would have made more sense if you had just said "their QB can pass a lot better than ours"
Not at all...they are pass first...we are run first. It has been the lament of this board all season. Now certain people choose to ignore that.

For once, the run actually worked against a good front...

Ken

Reaction score

Dak throws an easy 4-yard TD to Zeke (same easy throw he missed to Zeke earlier in the game BTW) and folks are crowing.

Nevermind all the missed reads, poor throws, spazzing out in the pocket that was clear to everyone else watching.

Yep, let's strike up the old "Who'd you Rather Have: Brady or Dak?" thread again!!!!

I don't even think people hate Dak as much as some of you people think, but the excuse making for him makes people of sound mind want to point out all his mistakes.
Same mistakes all qbs make. It just seems he has no room for error under the "Dak Sukzzzzz" crowd.

I know a Cowboys W and the golden boy going down at the hands of "Dak Sukzzzz" is hard, but this too shall pass.

Ken

Reaction score
Last night Collinsworth properly pointed out the real issues with this offense. Last night's win doesn't suddenly make all those issues go away.

Dak misses open WRs and makes mistakes and the OC has some bizarrely bizarre play calls. That red zone play where four guys ran basic routes that was called out by Collinsworth was typical of what we've seen for much of the year. And Gallup running wide open a few times, once when Dak delivered the ball too late and the other time just missing him to throw a dump off pass sums up everything that is flawed about this offense.

You could, and I stress the word "could" sell me another year of Dak under a new OC. That I might buy largely because there really aren't any QBs out there we can get that are better and we don't have a first round pick to draft one. But they absolutely cannot tie this guy to that boob of an OC.
The way Collingsworth and some on this board see it...Dak should be throwing for 500 yards and 6 tds a game.

It is quite amazing really.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak had a good stat line, but he seemingly made as many bad plays as good plays. Only one drive, before halftime, could you say Dak actually looked good throwing the ball and it came against prevent defense. I gave him credit for that, but at the same time he was meh after that. Getting shutout in the 3rd, running into sacks with no pressure, fumbling with no pressure, super late throws despite staring down the open receiver, overthrowing your receiver what seems like 50% of the time or forcing into coverage is not my definition of good QB play. I don't care what the opposing QB did, I'm calling what I see with our team.

And it's funny how some want to jump on Dak and praise him when it was Zeke and the OL that played great.

Sydla

Reaction score
The way Collingsworth and some on this board see it...Dak should be throwing for 500 yards and 6 tds a game.

It is quite amazing really.

Amazing is how you just consistently gloss over the fact he makes the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over. Collinsworth just pointed it out again last night.

Frankly, if he doesn't miss as many WRs as he did last night, he could have thrown for 300+.

I mean that Gallup throw early was so typical of Dak. He's breaking open and Dak just bounces and bounces and bounces finally delivering the ball too late. And he was staring at him the entire time so it's not like he only saw him at the last second.

Verdict

Reaction score
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.

I'm not sure about that. I would take our skill position players over theirs as a group.

Ertz may be the notable exception.

Ken

Reaction score
For those scoring at home....

in the last 4 games against Jax, Washington, Ten, and Philly, Dak has the following:

66% completion, 969 yards (242.3 avg per game), 6 tds, 1 int, 101 rating and 3 rushing tds.

In other words.... "Dak Sukzzzz"....lol

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not sure about that. I would take our skill position players over theirs as a group.

Ehhhhh. I still think Jeffrey, Tate and Ertz as the top 3 is better than Cooper, Beasley and Gallup.

Ertz is just soooooo much better than anyone we have and Jeffrey is still a very good WR.

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
Amazing is how you just consistently gloss over the fact he makes the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over. Collinsworth just pointed it out again last night.

Frankly, if he doesn't miss as many WRs as he did last night, he could have thrown for 300+.

I mean that Gallup throw early was so typical of Dak. He's breaking open and Dak just bounces and bounces and bounces finally delivering the ball too late. And he was staring at him the entire time so it's not like he only saw him at the last second.
Or if his running back doesn't run for 170...

Yes, he misses plays. Yes he has a bad habit that he will break of trying to escape out the back of the pocket. But he also doesn't kill us and plays great when it matters most.

Can't teach that.

Ken

Reaction score

May be?

Lol. Ertz is amazing. 14 catches on 16 targets...that is incredible.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Highly objective post there, Mr Spock. The Cowboys have allowed the third most sacks in the NFL even with Dak escaping pressure more than the average NFL QB could. Calling that "spazzing out" just shows you have a personal animus against Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
Or if his running back doesn't run for 170...

Yes, he misses plays. Yes he has a bad habit that he will break of trying to escape out the back of the pocket. But he also doesn't kill us and plays great when it matters most.

Can't teach that.

When can we expect him to start breaking some of these habits though. He's heading into Year 4 next year.

Ken

Reaction score
When can we expect him to start breaking some of these habits though. He's heading into Year 4 next year.
This is new running out of the back of the pocket. SO i would assume soon...

Should we just keep harping on the negatives or enjoy the fact that we just beat the world champs on the road who were desperate?

Sydla

Reaction score
Highly objective post there, Mr Spock. The Cowboys have allowed the third most sacks in the NFL even with Dak escaping pressure more than the average NFL QB could. Calling that "spazzing out" just shows you have a personal animus against Dak.

As has been shown and pointed out in many places, some of the sacks are Prescott's fault. I mean last week in Tennessee he took two sacks by simply running out of bounds short of the LOS instead of just shot putting the ball into the sidelines since he was outside the pocket.

And as even Ken notes, that bad habit of trying to back out of pressure is a bad habit. That's resulted in some unnecessary sacks.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Last night Collinsworth properly pointed out the real issues with this offense. Last night's win doesn't suddenly make all those issues go away.

Dak misses open WRs and makes mistakes and the OC has some bizarrely bizarre play calls. That red zone play where four guys ran basic routes that was called out by Collinsworth was typical of what we've seen for much of the year. And Gallup running wide open a few times, once when Dak delivered the ball too late and the other time just missing him to throw a dump off pass sums up everything that is flawed about this offense.

You could, and I stress the word "could" sell me another year of Dak under a new OC. That I might buy largely because there really aren't any QBs out there we can get that are better and we don't have a first round pick to draft one. But they absolutely cannot tie this guy to that boob of an OC.
I was mind screwed on the redzone play. I still haven't figured out what the play was.

The thing that worries me about Prescott, and we saw it last night is when a potential play is developing he stutter-steps. It's like he's afraid to go for it and is ultra-protective.
That and he needs to process things better, like when he got sacked. It's happened all season.

But he settled down and he threw some nice passes. I'd try another season, but he needs an OC and a QB coach out of puberty.

Ken

Reaction score
Sure, but if there is a metric for four yard routes with zero yards of Run After Catch, Swaim is dominanting.
Agreed. Those are the plays Dak is not benefiting from that most other qbs are. I am amazed that we had two RAC plays yesterday from the rookies...

Sydla

Reaction score
This is new running out of the back of the pocket. SO i would assume soon...

Should we just keep harping on the negatives or enjoy the fact that we just beat the world champs on the road who were desperate?

I need to start seeing improvement now. I need to stop seeing him completely miss open WRs or showing an inability to anticipate a throw. I need him to start showing better pocket awareness.

We are in an important period for this QB as this franchise has to decide whether to hand him a decent long term contract. So I will harp on the constant mistakes he makes because he has to stop making as many as he does.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score

Don’t make me dig up his numbers for the last 6 games.