Dak outplayed Wentz

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The Cowboys effect. Every other team who makes a trade seems like it's a huge trade to some on here that will lift the other teams over the top into playoff/Superbowl contention.

Then the trades the Cowboys make are said to be horrible trades, which won't help the team or will set the franchise back. Distrust of the front office has something to do with those that doubt the Cowboys trading decisions.

Still think that Cooper has more upside to him over Tate. Even though some were insisting that Tate would propel the Eagles over the top and Cooper would only hurt or not help. Like I said before if some other team traded for Cooper then some would have said that team made a great trade. Some are building up all of the other trades made for WRs this season as better than ours, because of the Cowboys Effect and fans feeling down about how this team has played poorly at times.

I do get satisfaction at how Cooper outplayed Tate last night, satisfaction directed at all of the Cowboys haters who were clowning the Cowboys by comparing us giving up a 1st and making out the Iggles giving up a 5th for Tate to be the better trade. So, Cowboys haters ate some crow last night!
Eagles gave up a 3rd round pick not a 5th.

Not only that eagles went after Tate because Dallas took Cooper from them. That's who eagles wanted was Cooper not Tate.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You have a knack for twisting words other people didn't even say.

I said his team didn't play better. I didn't say they played poorly.

As for Dak not turning it over, that's because when it hit the defender in the hands, he dropped it. It's because when Dak scrambled unnecessarily, then dropped the ball with nobody anywhere near him, it took a fortuitous bounce and he scooped it up and threw it away. It's because he just happened to get rid of the ball a fraction of a second before having it stripped from the pressure he didn't feel coming from behind. Those are just 3 lucky plays that I remember. I'm sure there were more.

Dak definitely had some very good moments last night, but how many TD or big gain passes did he overthrow, or just not even see?
Wentz should have had a 2nd pick, if our defenders actually ever looked for the ball. He hit Byron square in the back on one pass, it would have literally been in his lap if he just turns.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Dak didn't outplay Wentz so much as the Dallas team outplayed the Philadelphia team.

(This isn't singles competition, like in tennis.) Congrats to the Cowboys!

If credit is to be given, it belongs to the team as a whole!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
True. At least they didn't try to call it a PI. lol
Makes me mad, that's happened to Byron a couple times this year. That one in the EZ against the Texans, same thing hit him in the back. Just turn around and it's literally hitting him between the numbers. He had the one bounce off his hands/head too, luckily Heath was there to pick the rebound. Great defender, but not a ball hawk.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Their WR's are not better than the cowboys. Explain that to me.

No you do the explaining lmao

You think Cooper and..... Gallup? Are better than Jeffrey and Tate.... and so much better that they make up for the other positions and make "Dak's supporting cast much better".

Explain

And nice dodge on TEs and Oline

Ken

Reaction score
But I think they just have more faith in their passing game than they do in their running game. I don't think they were passing so much out of a sense of urgency.
They are built to pass, we are not.

Simple as that...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dak didn't outplay Wentz so much as the Dallas team outplayed the Philadelphia team.

(This isn't singles competition, like in tennis.) Congrats to the Cowboys!

If credit is to be given, it belongs to the team as a whole!
the team didn't throw the ball directly to LVE.
that was a QB versus QB issue. turnovers.
Dak eliminated turnovers like he has much of his career and thus won the QB battle.
it's certainly not like Wentz had to overcome holding calls.......

Sydla

Reaction score
the team didn't throw the ball directly to LVE.
that was a QB versus QB issue. turnovers.
Dak eliminated turnovers like he has much of his career and thus won the QB battle.
it's certainly not like Wentz had to overcome holding calls.......

He got significantly lucky in that game. He threw an easy pick six and the guy just dropped it.

He minimized turnovers last night but let's note he got two gifts - the interception that was just dropped and his fumble that bounced right back to him.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I get that some of the fans need an I told you so moment. If you are somehow convinced that Dak really played better than Wentz, I'm sorry you are so deluded. Wentz carried the Eagles offense. The Eagles have not been able to run the ball effectively the entire year (which made losing Ajayi and Sproles that much bigger, plus Blount this offseason).

They had one big 29 yard run to the right that surprised the Cowboys. Without it ,the Eagles rush for 40 yards as a team. It isn't about the play calling with a lead. They haven't been rushing well for the season. On top of that they could not stop Zeke at all. Though this may change if Jernigan gets to full health by next game (plus their entire starting CB crew getting injured helps some too) .

Dak missed on at least 5 throws with good protection. 3 of which are easy completions. Wentz made a play that I don't remember Dak ever making. The down the field throw hitting Agholor over the safety in stride in the middle of the field. I have seen Wentz make several of those throws even when he was a rookie (though his wide receivers couldn't catch the ball that season).

Get over this comparison. Wentz was drafted at number 2 overall because he possesses a passing skill that outshines most other QB's.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He got significantly lucky in that game. He threw an easy pick six and the guy just dropped it.

He minimized turnovers last night but let's note he got two gifts - the interception that was just dropped and his fumble that bounced right back to him.
rofl you haters are hilarious...
wentz hit byron in the head and threw at least two more ducks where his hand was hit that could have been picked.

dak had 0 turnovers and never tossed it right into a guys hands like wentz did... period.

7 different cowboys had a catch of 13 yards or more.
that was 2016 dak last night.
that was top 15 qb play.

Sydla

Reaction score
rofl you haters are hilarious...
wentz hit byron in the head and threw at least two more ducks where his hand was hit that could have been picked.

dak had 0 turnovers and never tossed it right into a guys hands like wentz did... period.

7 different cowboys had a catch of 13 yards or more.
that was 2016 dak last night.
that was top 15 qb play.

LOL at trying to make this about Wentz.

Byron wasn't even looking for the ball by the way on that one pass.

The guy said Dak minimized turnovers but if one is honest and not a total homer like yourself, they'd admit Dak got two nice gifts last night.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL at trying to make this about Wentz.

Byron wasn't even looking for the ball by the way on that one pass.

The guy said Dak minimized turnovers but if one is honest and not a total homer like yourself, they'd admit Dak got two nice gifts last night.
His pass to LVE was spot on. :laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score
Last night Collinsworth properly pointed out the real issues with this offense. Last night's win doesn't suddenly make all those issues go away.

Dak misses open WRs and makes mistakes and the OC has some bizarrely bizarre play calls. That red zone play where four guys ran basic routes that was called out by Collinsworth was typical of what we've seen for much of the year. And Gallup running wide open a few times, once when Dak delivered the ball too late and the other time just missing him to throw a dump off pass sums up everything that is flawed about this offense.

You could, and I stress the word "could" sell me another year of Dak under a new OC. That I might buy largely because there really aren't any QBs out there we can get that are better and we don't have a first round pick to draft one. But they absolutely cannot tie this guy to that boob of an OC.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It was Dak's best game all year for sure but Wentz still dropped 360 on us.
Only on paper & not the win column. So, it means absolutely nothing! And for the Cowboys it meant the world. After all, they just beat the former SB champs in THEIR HOUSE. :lmao: