Dak outplayed Wentz

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This year you are correct. Last year when they were good, they were 3rd in the league in rushing.

They definitely had 3 or 4 drives where there was urgency because of the score and how much clock we were controlling.
Had Philly been ahead 7, I promise you they would have ran it far more.
Well yes, of course they would've run it far more if they'd been ahead, they don't have Garrett for a clock management guru. :rolleyes:

Ken

Reaction score
I told everybody Wentz wouldn't be the same after his ACL/MCL/tore-everything-in-his-gorram-knee injury but all the Wentz fanboys kept spouting their utter stupidity.

Wentz looked like nothing special today. In fact he's looked nothing special all year. And that's with a better overall team than the Cowboys (as the Eagles displayed last year by winning the SB with him on the bench. If that isn't a big "we don't need you" I don't know what is.)
He looks NO DIFFERENT than last year. The difference is, his defense isn't setting him up 3 times a game(seemingly) with the ball in the redzone. Also, the schedule isn't full of patsies.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak led the game-winning drive. Carson threw short of the sticks on 4th down of the ensuing drive.

Dak won, Carson lost. In Carson’s house.

Scratch that... Dak has never lost in Philly. It’s Dak’s house.
11th game winning drive of Dak's career. For perspective...Wentz has 3.

This is why Dallas is high on him. He elevates his game in clutch moments. He has a LOT to work on but it is all fixable. You can't fix the clutch gene, carrot top doesn't have it.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Hmmm.....i have heard this before....not sure where???????

:)
I was thinking the same thing. There were some hot takes going on in Philly and a lot of the others sounded pretty familiar too, the coaching(HC/OC/DC) sucks, the HC rode the coattails of coaches no longer there the schemes sucks, the OL sucks, the press conference sucks, the tackling sucks, the pass rush sucks etc.. According to Philly fans, the only person that doesn't suck is Ertz.

blueblood70

Reaction score
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.
I wouldn't go that far , Wentz still a better passer , you see those downfield throws while under pressure?

Dak played better, really the last 3 games hes thrown some lasers but the fumbles and Ints killed the Titan and and Washington games(those were on Dak), like the giants game he got a lucky bounce, dont know why he fumbles the ball a lot for no reasons , he might need to wear a sticky WR glove..seriously that nearly got us again..think of this mind blowing stat,

when Dak has zero Turnovers he has a 22-1 record I believe.. Hes a QB that wont go for the kill, we will always be in close games and those TO become more critical..if he plays smarter like 2016 where if it wasn't there he immediately pulled it down and run or threw it away..he definitely got that done this game but also his pocket awareness needs a lot of work, he has the oddest twitch where as soon as pressure is coming hard he bails by turning his back to the rush and is ducking and turning, that open up strip sacks and also just kills the paly, more work on moving up and sideways and just subtle movements will keep the paly going and let the rush push past him..
again ive seen some laser accurate passes the last 3 games but also he still has issues like the wheel routes to Elliott, man those are easy throws he just misses because of his footwork, he rushes them..more work to do but he looks pretty good the last 3 games sans the TOs. we win the titans and Washington game if he protected the ball..

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
11th game winning drive of Dak's career. For perspective...Wentz has 3.

This is why Dallas is high on him. He elevates his game in clutch moments. He has a LOT to work on but it is all fixable. You can't fix the clutch gene, carrot top doesn't have it.

Tom Savage has 3 in 13 games.......... :muttley:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far , Wentz still a better passer , you see those downfield throws while under pressure?

Dak played better, really the last 3 games hes thrown some lasers but the fumbles and Ints killed the Titan and and Washington games(those were on Dak), like the giants game he got a lucky bounce, dont know why he fumbles the ball a lot for no reasons , he might need to wear a sticky WR glove..seriously that nearly got us again..think of this mind blowing stat,

when Dak has zero Turnovers he has a 22-1 record I believe.. Hes a QB that wont go for the kill, we will always be in close games and those TO become more critical..if he plays smarter like 2016 where if it wasn't there he immediately pulled it down and run or threw it away..he definitely got that done this game but also his pocket awareness needs a lot of work, he has the oddest twitch where as soon as pressure is coming hard he bails by turning his back to the rush and is ducking and turning, that open up strip sacks and also just kills the paly, more work on moving up and sideways and just subtle movements will keep the paly going and let the rush push past him..
again ive seen some laser accurate passes the last 3 games but also he still has issues like the wheel routes to Elliott, man those are easy throws he just misses because of his footwork, he rushes them..more work to do but he looks pretty good the last 3 games sans the TOs. we win the titans and Washington game if he protected the ball..

Last night was the first game Wentz hasn't fumbled the ball all year. He has 7 fumbles this year, 9 fumbles last year and 14 his rookie year.

Nav22

Reaction score
I don't know who's saying he had a better game, but he played better. The rest of his team didn't.
Yeah, baloney.

This isn’t fantasy football. Context matters. Dak won the game and led the go-ahead drive late in the 4th quarter. He didn’t turn the ball over.

How did Carson do in the clutch? Did Carson also not turn it over? Hmmm.

Dak’s team was hit with 5 penalties, Carson’s team was hit with ZERO.

Dak’s kicker missed a 42 yarder, Carson’s kicker was perfect and nailed a 56 yarder.

But by all means, tell me more about how “the rest of his team” played poorly and cost Carson the win.

erod

Reaction score
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.

I would trade Dak for Wentz in a fraction of a microsecond, and so would every GM in the NFL.

Please.

He didn't outplay him. Both played OK, but not great.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
That’s a joke, right? The only thing Wentz doesn’t have is a run game, and that’s on Pederson who doesn’t run.
Wentz has two TEs better than anyone on our team, a QBs best friend.
He has better WRs who have done more in this league than our guys.
He has a better offensive system, coach, and playcaller.
And even with Johnson out, his OL is just as good, if not better with our injuries/illness.

I’m not going to be a homer. Wentz has more talent and upside than Dak. That’s why he was the #2 pick and Dak was a 4th rounder. But Wentz threw off target frequently to open receivers all night. They were twisting to catch passes behind them, lying on the turf to reach back for balls, and going down with lots of room to run.

Wentz is the better QB, but yes, he was outplayed last night.

The cowboys do not have anything near ertz, but besides that, I tip the scale towards the cowboys. It doesnt matter what the WR's have done in the league, it matters what they are right now. I think they cowboys have the edge in the run game and I would take the cowboys receivers over the eagles.

When I said supporting cast I was thinking about players on the field. I was not thinking about the system, coaching, and play calling. If you take that into account, it is Wentz by far.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Dak stares down his receivers, waits until they are completely open to throw the ball, takes sacks, and scrambles too much or not in the right way. I think that is worse than turnovers.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
Dak made a lot of mistakes, but he played well enough for us to win.

Still see him holding on the ball too long and see him running away from pressure that isn't there.

That being said, I saw glimpses of 2016 Dak that I've not seen all year.
For the life of me can someone tell me why Dak tries to escape out the back of the pocket. The game of football is about going forward. Lose five yards not fifteen. This game doesn't put Dak in the pro bowl. He played well for once he's played consistently bad for eight games more then that if counting last year. But don't tell the Dak fan boys that. The expectation of what a Franchise QB is in Cowboys fandom has fallen to an all time low

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, baloney.

This isn’t fantasy football. Context matters. Dak won the game and led the go-ahead drive late in the 4th quarter. He didn’t turn the ball over.

How did Carson do in the clutch? Did Carson also not turn it over? Hmmm.

Dak’s team was hit with 5 penalties, Carson’s team was hit with ZERO.

Dak’s kicker missed a 42 yarder, Carson’s kicker was perfect and nailed a 56 yarder.

But by all means, tell me more about how “the rest of his team” played poorly and cost Carson the win.
You have a knack for twisting words other people didn't even say.

I said his team didn't play better. I didn't say they played poorly.

As for Dak not turning it over, that's because when it hit the defender in the hands, he dropped it. It's because when Dak scrambled unnecessarily, then dropped the ball with nobody anywhere near him, it took a fortuitous bounce and he scooped it up and threw it away. It's because he just happened to get rid of the ball a fraction of a second before having it stripped from the pressure he didn't feel coming from behind. Those are just 3 lucky plays that I remember. I'm sure there were more.

Dak definitely had some very good moments last night, but how many TD or big gain passes did he overthrow, or just not even see?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Eagles had enough weapons on offense where many figured the Cowboys would be blown out by them or that the Eagles would win the game easily. Now all of a sudden Dak's weapons are much better than Wentz's? Cooper and Gallup have the potential to grow into big WR threats for some time to come. And the Cowboys have the better RB in Zeke.

Yet, Ertz is miles better than any TE we currently have. Wentz has weapons at WR, plus he has Ertz as his "Safety net" type of player. And I don't think Dak yet has that at the TE position

black label

Reaction score
2sZ4LFv.jpg
LOL

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

I agree with him. While Wentz is a good QB, with the potential to become a top tier NFL QB. His weaknesses right now are being clutch. That's one area Dak is better in, even if Wentz is a better talent as QB over Dak.