Dak outplayed Wentz

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think the Eagles were missing half their secondary weren't they? Since I said before the game... We should see "Dak separation." That Amari would have a good game, etc...
Their secondary right now is crap.

He still missed easy throws... like the one to Zeke... He still isn't a franchise QB. 1 out of every 10 games he plays better than the backup he should be, is not going to change that.

But, I knew after this game there would be a bunch of... Told you Dak was awesome! lol

I still want a QB here in Dallas.
Unrealistic post at best. It's funny how literally no one said he was awesome.

Coy

Reaction score
Dak had Zeke go off, even the Dak lovers can admit we won because of Zeke, almost 200 total yds and 2 td’s.
Saying that, Dak played good enough, but he needs Zeke to have monster games in order to do that.

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score
Not really. He gave credit to Dak when it was there, he's simply calling out the trash that some of us praise or ignore.
No problem with him pointing it out.. That's his job.. But the hypocrisy in his critiquing was telling.. Wentz threw balls in the dirt the entire game.. His wrs kept having to slide.. Threw a bad ball to Jeffrey for a for sure TD.. Even when he finally criticized Wentz it wasn't with that same vigor and condescending tone.. that's all I'm saying

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score
Not really. He gave credit to Dak when it was there, he's simply calling out the trash that some of us praise or ignore.
No problem with him pointing it out.. That's his job.. But the hypocrisy in his critiquing was telling.. Wentz threw balls in the dirt the entire game.. His wrs kept having to slide.. Threw a bad ball to Jeffrey for a for sure TD.. Even when he finally criticized Wentz it wasn't with that same vigor and condescending tone.. that's all I'm saying

Reactions: Ken

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So what? Until Dak can string together great games....so what?

Every other dang week with you folks. Doom and gloom Dak sucks, blow the team up, fire Garrett....to thinking Dak is better than Wentz and we are Super Bowl contenders.

Dak still sucks. This team is not even a playoff team. Garrett will be fired. No, Cooper is not going to be a #1.

Just stop.

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score
What's crazy is I don't even see anybody praising Dak the way some are pretending.. Literally nobody is..But the haters are so salty they are searching for push back.. It's sad what this fan base has become.. Why does it have to be all or nothing.. Why can't we admit that Dak played good and he still has room to grow.. Nobody thinks he's the greatest.. If you give him one shred of credit you are bashed here.. it's insane

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

From what I've seen from Wentz, he likes to throw the ball low on routes where the receivers are settling down into a spot. I assume this is to keep DBs from being able to make a play on them, but maybe it's more than that. He still gets them to the receivers, though.

Are you blaming the pass Awuzie broke up on Wentz? Collinsworth pointed out how he was unable to step into it because of pressure, which caused the pass to hang longer. That is excusable IMO while Dak missing Beasley on the sideline and overthrowing Cooper was all on Dak.

The only throw I remember Wentz missing that he should have made was the end zone pass to Jeffrey (maybe that's the one you are referring to). Even on that one it's hard to determine if Jeffrey was supposed to continue his route, which would have put him between Woods and the ball. I would think, though, that Jeffrey was right to try to settle between coverage and that Wentz read it wrong.

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score
He wasn't saying anything the rest of us weren't already thinking. Well, most of the rest of us.
Totally missing my point.. no problem in him calling him out.. if you couldn't see the difference in the way he was analyzing I don't know what to say

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score
From what I've seen from Wentz, he likes to throw the ball low on routes where the receivers are settling down into a spot. I assume this is to keep DBs from being able to make a play on them, but maybe it's more than that. He still gets them to the receivers, though.

Are you blaming the pass Awuzie broke up on Wentz? Collinsworth pointed out how he was unable to step into it because of pressure, which caused the pass to hang longer. That is excusable IMO while Dak missing Beasley on the sideline and overthrowing Cooper was all on Dak.

The only throw I remember Wentz missing that he should have made was the end zone pass to Jeffrey (maybe that's the one you are referring to). Even on that one it's hard to determine if Jeffrey was supposed to continue his route, which would have put him between Woods and the ball. I would think, though, that Jeffrey was right to try to settle between coverage and that Wentz read it wrong.
So all of Wentz issues were excusable.. LVEs pick was probably the wrs fault too right? Gotcha

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Totally missing my point.. no problem in him calling him out.. if you couldn't see the difference in the way he was analyzing I don't know what to say
Didn't say there wasn't a difference. Just that he wasn't wrong.

gimmesix

Reaction score
What's crazy is I don't even see anybody praising Dak the way some are pretending.. Literally nobody is..But the haters are so salty they are searching for push back.. It's sad what this fan base has become.. Why does it have to be all or nothing.. Why can't we admit that Dak played good and he still has room to grow.. Nobody thinks he's the greatest.. If you give him one shred of credit you are bashed here.. it's insane

He deserves credit for the things he did well, and there were things he did well, and criticism for the things he did poorly.

I'd love to just say that Dak was fantastic (and I thought he was in the game against Jacksonville), but when you have threads like this that start with "Dak outplayed Wentz," it makes those shortcomings pop to mind. It also just isn't accurate.

Our team outplayed the Eagles. Our defense was better than theirs, and our run game was better than theirs. That meant that QB A, who completed 72.7 percent of his passes for 360 yards (8.2 avg.), 2 TDs and 1 int., could be beaten by QB B, who completed 72.2 percent for 270 (7.5) and 1 TD and ran for a TD. Either of those numbers were good enough to win with, so what separated the QB was those other aspects of the team game.

gimmesix

Reaction score
So all of Wentz issues were excusable.. LVEs pick was probably the wrs fault too right? Gotcha

Who said that? The pick was on him. He looked off the coverage to his left and then just fired back to his right without checking the coverage. It was just as bad as Dak staring down Cooper and throwing a pass right to the linebacker. The difference was that their linebacker dropped it.

That's more proof that our defense outplayed their defense than it is that Dak outplayed Wentz.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Dak supporting cast is a whole lot better than wentz's.

I don't think that's the case at all. Right now with our injuries they have a better O-line. Their TE's are definitely superior to ours. We have the best WR out of the group with Amari, but overall I'd take Jeffery, Tate, Agholor, and Matthews over our WR group. Really the only place we have a clear advantage would be RB with Zeke.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.

LOL slow down there bud the win was nice but there is no comparison between Wentz and Dak.....the W man is a Franchise QB the Dak man is a bus driver and needs a formula 1 car to win ....

Sydla

Reaction score
By the way, people keep mentioning the cost to get Wentz that Philly paid. For one, we probably would have paid less given our first round pick was higher. But assuming we traded what they traded:

It would have been:

Wentz

for

Elliott
Collins
Tapper (or Dak)
Charlton
Williams

Collins is always injured. Tapper is a bust. Charlton has been ehhhh. Williams is a rookie with promise. And Elliott.

I'd make that trade every day of the week.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Dak supporting cast is a whole lot better than wentz's.
I think it is pretty close. I would take their WR's over ours and they definitely have better
The way Collingsworth criticized Daks missed throws versus Wentzs was sickening.. Just the overall tone.. the bias is real

Collinsworth in general is spare. After a Gregory sack last night he said something like "this is the Gregory we are used to seeing". That was his 3rd career sack. Guys is clueless

Ken

Reaction score
So what? Until Dak can string together great games....so what?

Every other dang week with you folks. Doom and gloom Dak sucks, blow the team up, fire Garrett....to thinking Dak is better than Wentz and we are Super Bowl contenders.

Dak still sucks. This team is not even a playoff team. Garrett will be fired. No, Cooper is not going to be a #1.

Just stop.
No....and you can't make us stop!

:0

Ken

Reaction score
Eagle fans are not happy with Wentz because he fails far too often to bring his team back with less than 4 minutes left in the game. This what many are saying on their forums. I do not know if its true.
It is true and I have been saying it for a long time...

eromeopolk

Reaction score
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.
I would not take the training wheels off. But he can ride the bike in the streets and get off the sidewalk.

Dak needs to work on the deep throws to Cooper who was open each time with the ball thrown out of bounds.

Dak is a winner. But, he still has Garrett and Linehan calling pass plays inside the 10 yard line with Zeke off the field. That is dumb as a dodo bird and they will be just as extinct as the dodo bird.