Dak outplayed Wentz

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I just wish you would use half of these excuses for our qb....

Plenty of others are.

Dak takes too many sacks. EXCUSE It's because of the offensive line. Let's ignore that it's pointed out on a national broadcast that he holds the ball too long.

Dak misses wide-open receivers. EXCUSE The receiving corps isn't good enough. Receivers: We're getting open.

Dak doesn't do a good job of reading the defense. EXCUSE The receiving corps isn't good enough. Receivers: We're getting open.

Dak did some good things last night. There were some flaws, but I'd take that performance most weeks with the defense that we have.

However, he didn't outplay anyone. The defense and running game was the difference between these two teams, not the QBs. A poor performance by our QB would have probably led to us losing, so there is that, but give us either Dak or Wentz's play in that game and we would have won because of the other factors.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Oh, so when Dak misses an open receiver or takes a bad sack, that’s a “big error.” But Wentz’s only “big error” was the interception.

Was Wentz at fault for any of his incompletions? Were there ANY open receivers who he missed or didn’t see? Were there any ill-advised throws into traffic? Any bad sacks that could’ve been avoided?

You’re not comparing them on an equal playing field... which makes sense since you’re a Cowboys fan who pays more attention to your guys than the other team’s guys.

2 sacks 10 yards

4 sacks 31 yrds

They did not show any blatent misses on Wentz part like the 2 to Gallop so I can't tell you. The sack Dak took to get them into that miracle 3rd and 15 screen play was the epitome of Dak's pocket problems! And I did not even mention the ghost fumble.

Pretty sure the pass to Ertz made it to the marker but the player did not run a route which would lead to the first down. Looking at that replay the pass was in the perfect place but Ertz moved back towards the line of scrimmage by 2 yards from his cut!

Ken

Reaction score
Fun with numbers.

He's #1 because of his rookie year. He's trended the wrong way while guys like Wentz and Goff have trended the other way.
^ There it is..haha

punchnjudy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say less supporting cast.

Dak used to have less supporting cast, prior to Amari Cooper coming.

I still think the eagles WR’s as a whole and TE’s are better than the cowboys.

But the eagles have no running backs. Zeke>>>>>>>>eagles running backs.

Dak played pretty solid tonight.

Some bonehead plays and some misses. But better than he was playing 4 games ago.

I agree with all of that but I'd add that the whole supporting cast concept is more appropriate for the long-term. Single games are more about match-ups. One example: even if their receivers are better, no one would choose their receivers facing our secondary over our receivers facing their secondary. Sometimes those things will break for or against Dallas, but it's one of many reasons why single player W/L records are a fraudulent stat in football.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is hilarious lol.. We love Philly's qb more than they do.. Philly wins it's only because of him.. not a great oline.. creative play calling.. weapons.. stout defense.. it's all Wentz.. We win, we win in spite of Dak.. Wentz makes a mistake, somebody else had to do something wrong.. Did you see how strong his arm looked in that L? Somehow our trash qb has a better starting record than the golden boy.. with worse coaches, worse weapons, less physical talent.. Yet they are getting ready to pay their overrated qb 30 mil.. I love our fanbase

I don't think most of us are saying that we won despite of Dak, only that we didn't win because Dak outplayed Wentz. Both the QBs had their mistakes, but both played well enough to win with a good supporting cast. Give Wentz a 150-yard running back who averaged almost 8 yards per carry and how do you think this game would have turned out?

Cebrin

Reaction score
I don't know which ex Cowboy you're doing lines of blow with, but you need to stop.

Sydla

Reaction score
^ There it is..haha

Wait so trend isn't important?

That's it not important that a few guys on the list have gotten better each year and Dak took a nose dive after his rookie year and has played slightly better in his 3rd year?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
31 GMs would take their guy over ours and I suspect if you got Jerry at a bar and a few JW Blues in him he’d want him too.
LOL. There is no chance any of them would take Dak over Wentz.

Stop.

Here's what you said.......... 31 GMs would take THEIR GUY over Dak.

31 GMs would take their guy over ours and I suspect if you got Jerry at a bar and a few JW Blues in him he’d want him too.

Sydla

Reaction score
Here's what you said.......... 31 GMs would take THEIR GUY over Dak.

Ahh confusion. My bad.

When I said 31 GMs would take "their" guy I was referencing "their" as the Eagles, not each individual team's QBs. In other words, 31 GMs would take Wentz over Dak.

My bad.

Ken

Reaction score
Wait so trend isn't important?

That's it not important that a few guys on the list have gotten better each year and Dak took a nose dive after his rookie year and has played slightly better in his 3rd year?
As i have stated at naseum....the players around Dak have deteriorated while the other two qbs have seen their situations improve tremendously.

The recent trend for Dak is on the uptick again. That is what we should be focusing on.

Sydla

Reaction score
As i have stated at naseum....the players around Dak have deteriorated while the other two qbs have seen their situations improve tremendously.

The recent trend for Dak is on the uptick again. That is what we should be focusing on.

LOL.

If Wentz and Goff had great rookie years and they pretty much were blah the last two years, you'd made sure to point it out.

This is a case where stats don't tell the entire story. Because looking at it in 3 year chunks tilts the argument towards Dak based on just one season while some of the other QBs have gotten better and much better than Dak over the period measured.