Dak outplayed Wentz

aikemirv

Reaction score
What's crazy is I don't even see anybody praising Dak the way some are pretending.. Literally nobody is..But the haters are so salty they are searching for push back.. It's sad what this fan base has become.. Why does it have to be all or nothing.. Why can't we admit that Dak played good and he still has room to grow.. Nobody thinks he's the greatest.. If you give him one shred of credit you are bashed here.. it's insane

Because the problems with Dak were so evident last night even in a win. The throw to Gallup on the sideline 2 seconds too late. The wide screen passes that should have been easy pickings. The pass that should have easily been a pick 6. The miss on a wide open Gallup and choosing a dumpoff instead with no pressure. The sack he took to get them into a position to somehow convert a miracle 3rd and 15 screen pass. A couple deep throw misses.

It is all there to see but we won so somehow Dak is awesome again!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Makes me mad, that's happened to Byron a couple times this year. That one in the EZ against the Texans, same thing hit him in the back. Just turn around and it's literally hitting him between the numbers. He had the one bounce off his hands/head too, luckily Heath was there to pick the rebound. Great defender, but not a ball hawk.
This is what might keep Byron out of the Pro Bowl. He has no ball skills.

Ken

Reaction score
From what I've seen from Wentz, he likes to throw the ball low on routes where the receivers are settling down into a spot. I assume this is to keep DBs from being able to make a play on them, but maybe it's more than that. He still gets them to the receivers, though.

Are you blaming the pass Awuzie broke up on Wentz? Collinsworth pointed out how he was unable to step into it because of pressure, which caused the pass to hang longer. That is excusable IMO while Dak missing Beasley on the sideline and overthrowing Cooper was all on Dak.

The only throw I remember Wentz missing that he should have made was the end zone pass to Jeffrey (maybe that's the one you are referring to). Even on that one it's hard to determine if Jeffrey was supposed to continue his route, which would have put him between Woods and the ball. I would think, though, that Jeffrey was right to try to settle between coverage and that Wentz read it wrong.
I just wish you would use half of these excuses for our qb....

Nav22

Reaction score
Because the problems with Dak were so evident last night even in a win. The throw to Gallup on the sideline 2 seconds too late. The wide screen passes that should have been easy pickings. The pass that should have easily been a pick 6. The miss on a wide open Gallup and choosing a dumpoff instead with no pressure. The sack he took to get them into a position to somehow convert a miracle 3rd and 15 screen pass. A couple deep throw misses.

It is all there to see but we won so somehow Dak is awesome again!
Wentz had a flawless game! Flawless loss!!!

Reactions: Ken

Nav22

Reaction score
Wentz had a MAGNIFICENT supporting cast in 2017. Ask Nick Foles.

In his other 2 seasons, he’s 10-13 as a starter.

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score
This is hilarious lol.. We love Philly's qb more than they do.. Philly wins it's only because of him.. not a great oline.. creative play calling.. weapons.. stout defense.. it's all Wentz.. We win, we win in spite of Dak.. Wentz makes a mistake, somebody else had to do something wrong.. Did you see how strong his arm looked in that L? Somehow our trash qb has a better starting record than the golden boy.. with worse coaches, worse weapons, less physical talent.. Yet they are getting ready to pay their overrated qb 30 mil.. I love our fanbase

aikemirv

Reaction score
Wentz had a flawless game! Flawless loss!!!
Nope, threw a bad pick. Otherwise though, I don't remember any big errors in his game.

Dak lacks anticipation and pocket awareness. Those are the facts. He is just afraid to throw the ball half the time which is why he throws so few interceptions I guess. He does better when he has no choice but to let it go.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think the Eagles were missing half their secondary weren't they? Since I said before the game... We should see "Dak separation." That Amari would have a good game, etc...
Their secondary right now is crap.

He still missed easy throws... like the one to Zeke... He still isn't a franchise QB. 1 out of every 10 games he plays better than the backup he should be, is not going to change that.

But, I knew after this game there would be a bunch of... Told you Dak was awesome! lol

I still want a QB here in Dallas.
want in one hand and poop in the other... wonder which fills up faster

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.
2-3 O-line out and no running game. Wentz still made things happen that Dak coudn't when he had no line or run game.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Nope, threw a bad pick. Otherwise though, I don't remember any big errors in his game.

Dak lacks anticipation and pocket awareness. Those are the facts. He is just afraid to throw the ball half the time which is why he throws so few interceptions I guess. He does better when he has no choice but to let it go.
read eagles threads and they will gladly point out wentz's mistakes last night like throwing the ball a yard short of the pylons on 4th down and many of his early throws being low.

Nav22

Reaction score

Oh, so when Dak misses an open receiver or takes a bad sack, that’s a “big error.” But Wentz’s only “big error” was the interception.

Was Wentz at fault for any of his incompletions? Were there ANY open receivers who he missed or didn’t see? Were there any ill-advised throws into traffic? Any bad sacks that could’ve been avoided?

You’re not comparing them on an equal playing field... which makes sense since you’re a Cowboys fan who pays more attention to your guys than the other team’s guys.