Dak outplayed Wentz

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ahh confusion. My bad.

When I said 31 GMs would take "their" guy I was referencing "their" as the Eagles, not each individual team's QBs. In other words, 31 GMs would take Wentz over Dak.

My bad.

100%

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak played well, but the Cowboys got 100 more rushing yards than Philly, so I wouldn't say the win came from Dak outplaying Wentz.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak played well, but the Cowboys got 100 more rushing yards than Philly, so I wouldn't say the win came from Dak outplaying Wentz.
I think they played about the same. Maybe a slight nod to Wentz because I didn't think Dak played all that great really. Played great when he had to though, and that was the difference.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they played about the same. Maybe a slight nod to Wentz because I didn't think Dak played all that great really. Played great when he had to though, and that was the difference.

Dak struggled the first half, but seemed to settle in the 2nd half. The O-Line seemed to get better as well.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
DAL picked up 8 of 16 3rd downs and Dak himself got the 4th down pickup.
PHI made only 4 3rd down pick ups all night and 0 4th downs.

That was Dak outplaying Wentz right there.

From the start of the 4th quarter until 3:19 left in the game Dallas had 2 possessions, BOTH TDs drives.
Dak 1 incompletion (and 1 TD pass) in that period, the deep pass attempt to Amari.
On the game-clinching drive Dak passed for 64 of the 75 yards gained.

On his final two drives Wentz tossed a 6 yard pass on 4th and 7 and then threw the ball to the 9 yard line as time expired.
That is questionable QB IQ.
Eagles fans readily admit Dak played better last night and they openly question if Wentz has ANY clutch play in him. .

River82

Reaction score

From the start of the 4th quarter until 3:19 left in the game Dallas had 2 possessions, BOTH TDs drives.
Dak 1 incompletion (and 1 TD pass) in that period, the deep pass attempt to Amari.

On his final two drives Wentz tossed a 6 yard pass on 4th and 7 and then threw the ball to the 9 yard line as time expired.
Eagles fans readily admit Dak played better last night and they openly question if Wentz has ANY clutch play in him. .

What I want to know is this. Wentz balled out given Philadelphia's easy schedule last year, and is having trouble this year against tough teams especially in the clutch.

Given that Wentz hasn't played well in the clutch, given that Wentz hasn't really produced against tough teams, if Wentz was healthy last year do they even get close to an SB win?

River82

Reaction score
"One of Wentz's 3 GWD was a 61-yd FG by Elliott."

Yeah, that shouldn't be counted lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What I want to know is this. Wentz balled out given Philadelphia's easy schedule last year, and is having trouble this year against tough teams especially in the clutch.

Given that Wentz hasn't played well in the clutch, given that Wentz hasn't really produced against tough teams, if Wentz was healthy last year do they even get close to an SB win?
Wentz had an ez mode 2017 much like Dak in 2016. He had the best OL and defense combo in football.
He was rolling people but that team was ahead of the curve and he did just orchestrated it same way Foles did.

Dak isn't very good when pressured by defenders but it appears Wentz isn't very good when pressured by situation.
His 3-11 on game winning drive attempts is simply abysmal for a team that was good enough to win a title in his 2nd year.

As mad as Cowboys fans are at Dak, this is a 9 win team that is currently 1 game under .500 while Philly has the same record coming off a SB.
Lots of Eagles fans are fine paying Foles and trading Wentz for a litter of draft picks.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You aren't answering the question.

And citing Morris is a complete strawman, he has averaged less than 4 YPC in 3 of his last four seasons. He only had a 4.8 YPC last year because he was running behind the best OL in football, averaged less than 10 carries per game and had one 70 yard run that the OL set up him to skew his stats.
What do I care about what he did other than last year?

I'm simply pointing out the fallacy of just looking at ypc and its impact on a QB. How often did Dak put up stat
Dak was the reason the run game was working.

Dak's play in the first half opened up the run game.
So whenever the run game doesn't work you're prepared to blame Dak?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What do I care about what he did other than last year?

I'm simply pointing out the fallacy of just looking at ypc and its impact on a QB. How often did Dak put up stat

So whenever the run game doesn't work you're prepared to blame Dak?
I'm just tickled when I get to read a Mufasa post.
Always a pleasure. Never a disappointment.
Thumb's up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It can just as easily be characterized as Dak benefitting from a running game Wentz didn't have. Wentz had to carry his team with 84% of the team's yardage being through the air, whereas the Cowboys only had to come up with 61% through the air. Zeke easily carried the team as much or more than Dak, and took a lot of pressure off the Cowboys passing game. Wentz did not have that same advantage.

As for the 4th and 7, the receiver came back inside the 7 yard mark - he had to throw where the receiver was. Same with the last play of the game. He threw where he had an available receiver and had to hope the receiver could get the last few yards. What kind of football IQ would it have taken to throw to a spot with no receiver?

And let's not act as if Dak didn't make mistakes of his own. He didn't really kick in gear until the second half, which incidentally coincided with when the running game kicked in gear.

Don't get me wrong, Dak played a good game, but the "outplaying Wentz" thing is a narrow viewpoint that skips over some of the key factors. At best Dak held his own.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It can just as easily be characterized as Dak benefitting from a running game Wentz didn't have. Wentz had to carry his team with 84% of the team's yardage being through the air, whereas the Cowboys only had to come up with 61% through the air. Zeke easily carried the team as much or more than Dak, and took a lot of pressure off the Cowboys passing game. Wentz did not have that same advantage.

As for the 4th and 7, the receiver came back inside the 7 yard mark - he had to throw where the receiver was. Same with the last play of the game. He threw where he had an available receiver and had to hope the receiver could get the last few yards. What kind of football IQ would it have taken to throw to a spot with no receiver?

And let's not act as if Dak didn't make mistakes of his own. He didn't really kick in gear until the second half, which incidentally coincided with when the running game kicked in gear.

Don't get me wrong, Dak played a good game, but the "outplaying Wentz" thing is a narrow viewpoint that skips over some of the key factors.
Because Dak passed it well enough early to set up the run.
Dak had 100 yards passing before Zeke hit 11 yards rushing.
Whereas Wentz went 3 and out then immediately threw a bad pick giving DAL the short field.
DAL played in front the entire game.
The team that is behind always passes it more.
Going up 13-3 at halftime ensured that.

When Philly did start scoring DAL matched it and shut them down and sent them home.

Noah Brown committed two bad penalties and we missed a very easy kick.
It's not like the team was perferct around Dak any more than it was Wentz.

Sydla

Reaction score

You guys continually trying to downplay Wentz are hilarious.

He’s played very well since coming back from injury. He’s had 5 straight games with over a 100 rating. Last night was his worst game of the stretch and he still had a rating of 102.

The Eagles didn’t lose because of Wentz. They lost because our OL curb stomped their front 7 giving Dak some time to make plays and letting Elliott go ape crap on them.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dr1O-g9XQAI7qZF.jpg
@BryanBroaddus @robphillips3 Mickey kept yelling at you about Dak completing 72% last night. Out of his 26 completions 12 were thrown inside of 2 yards of the LOS.

LOL...what a arm I'm sure Wentz is envious of it....

Last edited:

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score
Usually yeah Dak benefits from the running game but last night he didn't... Dak was rolling early then Zeke started to eat.. I don't know the stats but Zeke's early runs went for nothing.. This will be ignored though because it doesn't fit the narrative

Boyz4Lyfe33

Reaction score

He’s played very well since coming back from injury. He’s had 5 straight games with over a 100 rating. Last night was his worst game of the stretch and he still had a rating of 102

The Eagles didn’t lose because of Wentz. They lost because our OL curb stomped their front 7 giving Dak some time to make plays and letting Elliott go ape crap on them.
Stats stats stats.. they only don't matter when discussing Dak.. Wentz wasn't great last night by a lot.. Don't get fooled by those yards

River82

Reaction score

He’s played very well since coming back from injury. He’s had 5 straight games with over a 100 rating. Last night was his worst game of the stretch and he still had a rating of 102.

Our OL curbstomping their front 7 doesn't really explain why Wentz continuously struggles to put points on the board. Especially in a game where the refs gave them a free ride.

Just sayin'