Dak outplayed Wentz

mattjames2010

Reaction score
While the other had a team that allowed nick foles to go out and win a superbowl and lay 40+ points on defenses like the vikings

Nick Foles got into a zone - and previously got into that zone in 2013 where he looked unstoppable. This...does not diminish anything about Wentz, at all. Not a single credible scout, analyst, or player would come out and say Wentz is anything less because Foles stepped up to the challenge.

Dak sucks. Accept it.

River82

Reaction score
Nick Foles got into a zone - and previously got into that zone in 2013 where he looked unstoppable. This...does not diminish anything about Wentz, at all. Not a single credible scout, analyst, or player would come out and say Wentz is anything less because Foles stepped up to the challenge.

If having a backup that's capable of winning a SB, and a starter who's not, in no way diminishes anything about Wentz then sure. Maybe the Eagles will cruise around all year with their true backup guiding the ship then slot Foles in if they make the playoffs ... seeing as Wentz crumbles under the pressure.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.

If Philly's linebacker doesn't drop a giftwrapped pick 6, or another mystery fumble doesn't miraculously bounce right back to Dak on one hop, this thread never exists

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If having a backup that's capable of winning a SB, and a starter who's not, in no way diminishes anything about Wentz then sure. Maybe the Eagles will cruise around all year with their true backup guiding the ship then slot Foles in if they make the playoffs ... seeing as Wentz crumbles under the pressure.

Wentz took on many of these same challenges last year and didn't crumble.

Imagine pretending to be stupid to prop up Dak LOL

River82

Reaction score
Wentz took on many of these same challenges last year and didn't crumble.

Imagine pretending to be stupid to prop up Dak LOL

Wentz didn't take on any challenges last year. He cashed in on an easy schedule (same as Dak did 2 years ago) then Foles did the heavy lifting in the playoffs.

I haven't propped up Dak in this thread. I said Goff is by far and away the best of these 3, and Wentz and Dak can fight it out for 2nd (Wentz benefits from great coaching, Dak does not).

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wentz didn't take on any challenges last year. He cashed in on an easy schedule (same as Dak did 2 years ago) then Foles did the heavy lifting in the playoffs.

I haven't propped up Dak in this thread. I said Goff is by far and away the best of these 3, and Wentz and Dak can fight it out for 2nd (Wentz benefits from great coaching, Dak does not).

What the hell are you even talking about? He beat 2 playoff teams and faced some pretty good defenses last year and made them all look terrible.

Again, why are you acting stupid JUST to make Dak look better? You don't have to do this to yourself.

LOL And Goff is better? It's funny to me that you're bringing up a supporting cast getting the Eagles to the championship, yet you refuse to look at the players surrounding Goff.

Hop the f out of this thread, boy.

River82

Reaction score
What the hell are you even talking about? He beat 2 playoff teams and faced some pretty good defenses last year and made them all look terrible.

Again, why are you acting stupid JUST to make Dak look better? You don't have to do this to yourself.

LOL And Goff is better? It's funny to me that you're bringing up a supporting cast getting the Eagles to the championship, yet you refuse to look at the players surrounding Goff.

Hop the f out of this thread, boy.

And Dak beat playoff teams in 2016 but didn't win any in the playoffs. Wentz hasn't won any play off games, he hasn't proved he can perform under pressure. And let's talk pressure. 3 from 15 in game winning drives, choked in 4 games this year so far? Foles won the SB, Wentz would have choked in week 1 or 2.

Like I said, I haven't made Dak look like a world beater in this thread. Every time you have nothing, or know nothing, or want to cry because one of your favorite players is trash and you don't want to admit it you bring out this strawman. Foles is a champion, Wentz will never be.

Eagles won without Wentz. Wentz brings nothing to that team.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
What do I care about what he did other than last year?

I'm simply pointing out the fallacy of just looking at ypc and its impact on a QB. How often did Dak put up stat

So whenever the run game doesn't work you're prepared to blame Dak?

Yes

aria

Reaction score
This thread is so dumb. Is there anyone willing to admit that they would take Dak over Wentz?

That’s what I thought, conversation closed. End dumb thread.

Ken

Reaction score
This thread is so dumb. Is there anyone willing to admit that they would take Dak over Wentz?

I have already said this on numerous occasions.

River82

Reaction score

I'd take Foles over both of them though. Better pure pocket passer than Wentz, and Wentz no longer has full mobility because of knee.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Since when are linebackers known for their catching?

He hit the guy in the numbers and was incredibly lucky that was dropped. That was a gift wrapped touchdown

You make it sound as if hitting a defender in the chest on our own 10 yard line is nothing to worry about

mcmvp

Reaction score
Fun with numbers.

He's #1 because of his rookie year. He's trended the wrong way while guys like Wentz and Goff have trended the other way.

Let them have fun with the numbers...you guys had a big win last night. I’m sure many of you are like my friend (Cowboys fan) who was pissed that they won since it means Garret/Dak looked better than they are.

Dak played better last night than he has, but was still far from impressive...and Zeke drove the show.

My boys suck this year. It is what it is. They are apparently a bit full of themselves after last season. Wentz has been ok, but not great. I’m willing to give him a pass this season post-injury. Still love the long term outlook with him.

And you’re right...31 GMs would prefer Wentz. But some are going to enjoy this win too much and make more out of it than it is. It’s normal