Dak outplayed Wentz

River82

Reaction score
He hit the guy in the numbers and was incredibly lucky that was dropped. That was a gift wrapped touchdown

You make it sound as if hitting a defender in the chest on our own 10 yard line is nothing to worry about
QBs are always getting away with that stuff, and most QBs (even Wentz) are guilty of taking advantage of the opposing defence not being able to catch. It's a bit much to pull it out this one game as a reason why Dak was lucky when it goes on all the time, for most QBs (maybe not for Brady).

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Are you new to logic and common sense? You keep creating strawmen and the answer to "What NFL passers succeed without a running game" still isn't "I pulled one Alfred Morris season out of my backside".
I pulled the one Alfred Morris season he played for us out of my "backside" because that is the season I was discussing. This should be obvious.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
QBs are always getting away with that stuff, and most QBs (even Wentz) are guilty of taking advantage of the opposing defence not being able to catch. It's a bit much to pull it out this one game as a reason why Dak was lucky when it goes on all the time, for most QBs (maybe not for Brady).

NFL qbs are "always" hitting defenders on the chest near their own goal line and getting away with it

Got it. LOL

River82

Reaction score
NFL qbs are "always" hitting defenders on the chest near their own goal line and getting away with it

Got it. LOL

Normally they'd hit defenders in the hands and get away with it, which is worse. Because there ain't no hands on your chest.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
But that's not the point the other poster is making.

He's bringing in draft position as vital to the discussion. Essentially that arguing a 4th round pick on an average QB is better than a first round pick you traded for who likely will be one of the 5-7 best QBs in football.
But it's possible

River82

Reaction score
Carson Wentz has SEVEN dropped INTs this season. Most in the NFL.

“No, but that doesn’t count!”
Defenders weren't hit in the chest, groin, or buttock area so doesn't count. Hitting opponents in the hands is a hallmark of a truly great QB, while hitting opponents in the chest or groin is just horrible :p

Nav22

Reaction score
They mentioned it during the broadcast. I can’t find a link but I found this in an ESPN article about last season.

“Football Outsiders also notes that Wentz had six dropped interceptions last season. When you add those in for every passer and remove the interceptions on Hail Mary attempts and tipped or dropped passes, Wentz's 2.8 percent adjusted interception rate is tied for 14th in the league alongside that of Eli Manning.”

School

Reaction score
Carson Wentz has SEVEN dropped INTs this season. Most in the NFL.

“No, but that doesn’t count!”

It's an overlooked stat, and without it INT totals can be very deceiving.

For example, in 2017, Andy Dalton and Matt Ryan both had 12 interceptions.

But, Dalton had 32 interceptable passes while Ryan only had 13.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
They mentioned it during the broadcast. I can’t find a link but I found this in an ESPN article about last season.

“Football Outsiders also notes that Wentz had six dropped interceptions last season. When you add those in for every passer and remove the interceptions on Hail Mary attempts and tipped or dropped passes, Wentz's 2.8 percent adjusted interception rate is tied for 14th in the league alongside that of Eli Manning.”

I looked it up on football outsiders and you are correct

I also noticed you didn't mention that Dak Prescott actually had 8 dropped interceptions last year, two more than Carson Wentz and tied for 2nd most dropped int in the league

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/surprising-stat-dak-wentz-foles-career-winning-drive-records.420242/

Not the first time

lukin2006

Reaction score
Also look at Wentz throws, they are darts, accurate down the field throws ...