Dak outplayed Wentz

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott had a better game. But to honest, DALLAS had a better game than Philly. That's all that really counts.
Prescott wasn't amazing, but he was very good. He made some bad throws, but turned it around and made some very good passes. If either side can't admit that than you have a clear agenda.
To me, Wentz is a better overall thrower. He has a better touch on the ball, for the most part. But Prescott has tools he doesn't. He can hurt you with his legs on top of passing. And he is clearly more durable.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Because if that's the best that can be obtained, the that's what we need to do. We're never going to have the perfect team. Go get a high dollar QB and there will be some other weakness that has to be overcome. It's just that there will be an excuse for why we can't win with the high dollar QB.
By all means, get better at the QB position. Or, any position. But the level of hatred is ridiculous. You can identify these clowns very easily. Even the most critical fan will admit Prescott does some very good things, but if all certain "fans" post is constant hatred, silly insults and never one single positive post they stand right out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Complete and utter BS.

Eagles RBs ran 14 times for 64 yards, good for 4.6/carry.

“No running game” my ***.

They chose to pass the ball a ton instead. And it got them an L like it usually does.
And 1 run for 10 yards would be 10 yards per carry, but that wouldn't be enough of a running game to matter either. 3.5 carries and 16 yards per quarter does not concern any defense. Again, The Eagles passing game had to account for 81% of the team's yardage.

Nav22

Reaction score
And 1 run for 10 yards would be 10 yards per carry, but that wouldn't be enough of a running game to matter either. 3.5 carries and 16 yards per quarter does not concern any defense. Again, The Eagles passing game had to account for 81% of the team's yardage.
That wasn’t the point.

He said that Wentz had “no run game whatsoever” as if it was holding them back. They weren’t getting stuffed and forcing Wentz into 2nd and 12s all night.

They were actually effective running the football, so yes, Wentz did have a run game. They simply chose to go away from it and put the game in Wentz’s hands.

And they lost, because Three Quarters Carson isn’t clutch.

LOL the know-nothings who said Wentz outplayed Dak cited the fact that Wentz had well over 300 pass yards. They left out the fact that the Eagles are 0-4 this year when Wentz has 300+ pass yards. Oops!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That wasn’t the point.

He said that Wentz had “no run game whatsoever” as if it was holding them back. They weren’t getting stuffed and forcing Wentz into 2nd and 12s all night.

They were actually effective running the football, so yes, Wentz did have a run game. They simply chose to go away from it and put the game in Wentz’s hands.

And they lost, because Three Quarters Carson isn’t clutch.

LOL the know-nothings who said Wentz outplayed Dak cited the fact that Wentz had well over 300 pass yards. They left out the fact that the Eagles are 0-4 this year when Wentz has 300+ pass yards. Oops!!!

He made the comment trying to refute my point that Wentz didn't have the same benefit from the running game that Dak did. The point was about the run opening up things for the pass. Dak had that and Wentz didn't.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is laughable. And you think the Cowboys are the same team? I like Dak but in know way do I think he's awful like some of you Dak haters think. When some of you say he's awful...I raise an eyebrow. Does he have flaws? Of course. Awful? Not at all. You get this guy an experienced QB Coach and a competent OC that can calls plays and you can see a better Dak. He had a few bad games starting with the Atlanta game last year. Before that, he was good. His last 6 games, he was good. Not superstar status but good. But awful? :huh:
while at it, lets get him a couple of m ore great OL men, a great TE, a great 2nd WR a defense that can give him the ball in the opponents end of the field half the time and yeah, he is going to be Awsome....

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak won the game, wentz didn't...that's the only difference. Dak is my guy..and yes Im down on him right now, but he did well. Wentz is in a different class than Dak. Dak is a winner,no doubt...but Wentz can put the team on his back. Dak not so much since his rookie year. Make of that what you will.

Nav22

Reaction score
He made the comment trying to refute my point that Wentz didn't have the same benefit from the running game that Dak did. The point was about the run opening up things for the pass. Dak had that and Wentz didn't.
That’s not what happened. Check out the play-by-play.

Dak carried the offense completely in the 1st half, then Zeke ran wild in the 2nd half. So if anything, it was Dak’s passing that opened up the run.

Wentz lost the game because when it was time to make a play, he couldn’t do it. That 4th and 7 throw where he led Zach Ertz right into Jeff Heath short of the sticks was cute. We win.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
On the road. Lesser supporting cast. Conservative gameplan. Went in and beat him, right in the middle of the ring so to speak.

All the tweets, and the smack from our fan base and theirs. The talking heads "Oh I would take Wentz over Dak".

He went in and beat him. There's so much to like with Prescott. Would have hung 350 on them if we just take the training wheels off in the second half and let the guy sling it; which we never do. He always has a huge first half then we go conservative.

That said - he outplayed Wentz. Still take our guy.
Dak played better against eagles defense than Wentz did against Cowboys defense.... not lesser cast...as Dak has cooper and Wentz has Jeffries.....dallas had better secondary than eagles..

Dak threw for 270 and 1 TD.... Wentz threw for 360, 2 TD and 1 Int..... wentz played against a better defense....

so no, Wentz had a better game than Dak....

Dallas won the game....

Ken

Reaction score
while at it, lets get him a couple of m ore great OL men, a great TE, a great 2nd WR a defense that can give him the ball in the opponents end of the field half the time and yeah, he is going to be Awsome....
Just need the line to play up to their investment level....that is it. Just need any type of weapons for our qb to throw to...not no weapons. This should not be difficult to understand...all of the great offenses in the league have a ton of talent at the wr/te position.

This isn't a mystery.

Ken

Reaction score
Dak played better against eagles defense than Wentz did against Cowboys defense.... not lesser cast...as Dak has cooper and Wentz has Jeffries.....dallas had better secondary than eagles..

Dak threw for 270 and 1 TD.... Wentz threw for 360, 2 TD and 1 Int..... wentz played against a better defense....

so no, Wentz had a better game than Dak....

Dallas won the game....
Wentz came up short when it mattered and Dak elevated his game. This is the difference in the game....period.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just need the line to play up to their investment level....that is it. Just need any type of weapons for our qb to throw to...not no weapons. This should not be difficult to understand...all of the great offenses in the league have a ton of talent at the wr/te position.

This isn't a mystery.
sometimes their QBs make the WRs better. By being more accurate, throwing with anticipation.... you know that happens a lot.....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not what happened. Check out the play-by-play.

Dak carried the offense completely in the 1st half, then Zeke ran wild in the 2nd half. So if anything, it was Dak’s passing that opened up the run.

Wentz lost the game because when it was time to make a play, he couldn’t do it. That 4th and 7 throw where he led Zach Ertz right into Jeff Heath short of the sticks was cute. We win.

You don't think Dak benefitted from the running game? The fact the running game wasn't working in the first half doesn't mean Dak didn't benefit in the second half, and the reality is even when the running game wasn't working in the first half it still helped the passing game because the Eagles defense, as with every defense the Cowboys play, focuses first on stopping the run, which helps open things for the pass. The other reality is the only possession in the first half that the passing game was clicking was the very last one. Dak was not carrying the team throughout the first half. Frankly until the last possession of the half the entire offense was pretty pitiful - running and passing. We only scored the 3 points prior to that because of LVE's INT. I'll give Dak credit for an outstanding drive at the end of the half though, although there was a huge assist from the Eagles for calling those timeouts that stopped the clock and gave us the time needed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz came up short when it mattered and Dak elevated his game. This is the difference in the game....period.

Dak played well, but Elliott's 120 or so yards in the second half just might have been a part of the difference too ...

Nav22

Reaction score
You don't think Dak benefitted from the running game? The fact the running game wasn't working in the first half doesn't mean Dak didn't benefit in the second half, and the reality is even when the running game wasn't working in the first half it still helped the passing game because the Eagles defense, as with every defense the Cowboys play, focuses first on stopping the run, which helps open things for the pass. The other reality is the only possession in the first half that the passing game was clicking was the very last one. Dak was not carrying the team throughout the first half. Frankly until the last possession of the half the entire offense was pretty pitiful - running and passing. We only scored the 3 points prior to that because of LVE's INT. I'll give Dak credit for an outstanding drive at the end of the half though, although there was a huge assist from the Eagles for calling those timeouts that stopped the clock and gave us the time needed.
1) We had 6 points before the last drive of the 1st half, not 3. The TD gave us a 13-3 lead.

2) The offense wasn’t more pitiful than Philly’s offense. I like how you cite LVE’s INT... who threw him the ball again???

3) If a QB deserves no credit for playing well due to, in part, the threat of the RB behind him, then let’s storm into Canton and remove Troy Aikman’s HOF bust right now.

4) If Philly/Pederson/Wentz is too stupid to run the ball at us when it’s working, that’s on them. Does Wentz have the ability to audible out of a pass into a run? It’s his 3rd year, so yes, he should have that ability. But he/they trusted his arm instead, and now he/they can trust that they’re 4-5 after taking an L. Boo-hoo!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1) We had 6 points before the last drive of the 1st half, not 3. The TD gave us a 13-3 lead.

2) The offense wasn’t more pitiful than Philly’s offense. I like how you cite LVE’s INT... who threw him the ball again???

3) If a QB deserves no credit for playing well due to, in part, the threat of the RB behind him, then let’s storm into Canton and remove Troy Aikman’s HOF bust right now.

4) If Philly/Pederson/Wentz is too stupid to run the ball at us when it’s working, that’s on them. Does Wentz have the ability to audible out of a pass into a run? It’s his 3rd year, so yes, he should have that ability. But he/they trusted his arm instead, and now he/they can trust that they’re 4-5 after taking an L. Boo-hoo!

Sorry, you are right about the score. Still wasn't from a productive offense. I don't at all disagree that Philly's offense was just as bad, or maybe worse. It was mostly a bad offensive half all the way around. As for credit, I never said Dak doesn't deserve any, and in fact I have repeatedly said he played well, particularly on the last drive of the first half and in the 2nd half. He absolutely does deserve credit for playing well. All I'm saying is we didn't win only because of the matchup between Dak and Wentz. Dak easily had more help from his running game than Wentz did. I don't know where you are getting the notion that I'm praising and propping Philly - they didn't do what they had to in order to win. I'm only saying the Cowboys won with a balanced attack, whereas with Philly the burden was almost all on the QB.