Dak Pass Chart vs Bucs

slomoxn

Reaction score
Well he does dink and dunk a lot, that’s not something one person has noticed. He also does not use the middle of the field, and unable to anticipate the receivers getting open or leading them. I don’t know if it’s talent or coaching and since we don’t have a good coaching staff on offense we may never really have an answer. Dak is limited right now and these coaches are not good enough to make a scheme that plays to his strengths.

I don’t know hoe long Foles has been around but someone said Dak has only three years, he is a winner and has heart, Foles has a ring, he’s better than Wentz and Dak. If he’s free next year they need to fire the the HC, OC and QBC, go after Foles and hire on OC that can use him properly with these stud receivers we have.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Can we stop this nonsense? Routes are run down the field routinely. Scott Linehan isn't telling the QB to checkdown constantly. He's doing it on his own because he lacks the talent to do anything else.

Put Patrick Mahomes in that game with that same "teh scheme!", the same plays called, the same routes run and you'd see a productive passing game with plays made everywhere on the field. Put Prescott in there and you get Checkdown Charlie. One's talented, the other isn't. Scott Linehan is a fan cop out.

So you keep Linehan with a new QB?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you keep Linehan with a new QB?

I don't really care if they get rid of Linehan if they keep this QB. It's not going to change anything. The OC doesn't matter to me right now.

But if they did move on from #4, I'd have to see the options available to say whether I would retain Linehan. He is the guy who schemed an offense with a 4th round talentless rookie to be pretty productive in 2016. That can not be forgotten. This village idiot described here actually has had some success in this league running an offense.

When I think of fixing the Cowboys I don't even think of Scott Linehan. I think of the QB. I think of getting the OL right again, adding more playmakers on offense and of course the pipe dream of having a real front office.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
My take is that 3 of your 4 spoiler alerts had about 2X the number of passes (Dak 25 attempts) (Rapistburger at 50, Winston at 48, and Foles at 49). Only Foles looks outstanding but that because of his 470 yards. Double Daks attempts and you get the desired 300+ yard game. Right?

One other note about your examples. Only Foles had an int.. Interesting. Thanks for the informative post ... I like illustrations.
50 pass attempts for 300 pass yards? :(

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I don't really care if they get rid of Linehan if they keep this QB. It's not going to change anything. The OC doesn't matter to me right now.

But if they did move on from #4, I'd have to see the options available to say whether I would retain Linehan. He is the guy who schemed an offense with a 4th round talentless rookie to be pretty productive in 2016. That can not be forgotten. This village idiot described here actually has had some success in this league running an offense.

When I think of fixing the Cowboys I don't even think of Scott Linehan. I think of the QB. I think of getting the OL right again, adding more playmakers on offense and of course the pipe dream of having a real front office.

This is a pretty histarical post honestly. Calling Dak talentless and that you cant discount what Linehan did in 2016 yet doesnt even realize the what he's overlooking.

Linehan was around in 2015 when the Cowboys had the 31st ranked offense despite having Romo for four games.

Here were the offensive players with the most snaps by position:
Tyron
Free
Martin
Frederick
La'el
Witten
Williams
McFadden
Beasley
Dez
Cassel

In 2016 the only changes were
McFadden to Zeke
Collins to Leary
And the most important Cassel to Dak

With the addition of Dak, Zeke and Leary we went from 31st to 5th. Linehan was there in 2015 and 2016. Yet youre giving linehan credit for the offensive output in 2016?

So that "talentless rookie" took the Linehan led 31st ranked offense and pushed it up to a top 5 offense. Pretty silly stance.

"You cant discount what Linehan did, while i'm going to completely discount how good Dak has been" lmao

Last edited:

pansophy

Reaction score
Top 5 QB? Are you stupid? Asking for a friend.
Tell your 'friend' it was sarcasm given all the posts claiming Dak is awesome referencing his completion percentage.

...actually look above and you will see what I'm talking about...

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So the charts you chose to compare are guys with games that they all threw over 40 attempts while Dak had 25?

Just general awareness would make you think that's a poor decision to cherry pick those guys.

Nick Foles had 10 attempts over 10 yards completing 6 while having 49 attempts compared to Dak's 25. You know what that means? He had the exact same % of passes and completions over 10 yards lmao.
And 3 of those 5 lost too and of those 5 only 1 is a lock to make the playoffs and only 1 other controls their own destiny to make the playoffs. Moral victories?

raichledog

Reaction score
This is more of a scheme issue than a player issue, if you want to attack someone linehan

Something to consider... for all the Dak apologists that bag on Garrett and Linehan for Dak’s lack of progression and improvement but throw out things like his winning percentage as “evidence” that he is better than what the film shows. Over the last 3 years, they have the exact same winning percentage as Dak has. If he is good enough then why aren’t they?

If winning is everything, and you are happy with his winning, why are you so quick to bag on them?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Pretty much every team in the league has several balls at least 20 yards down the sidelines every game but Dallas.

cmoney23

Reaction score
pass-chart_BRA371156_2018-reg-16_1545602371265.jpeg

pass-chart_TRU215336_2018-reg-16_1545618871299.jpeg

pass-chart_GOF219636_2018-reg-16_1545618463313.jpeg

pass-chart_RIV651634_2018-reg-16_1545600622868.jpeg