Dak plays eerily similar to Peyton Manning since his injury

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
At first, I read “Eli” rather than “Peyton.” Eli makes more sense.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
eerily similar ...talking about recent play and "He is Peyton Manning now"..are 2 diferent statements....Can Daks recent play be eerily similar to Peyton without him achieving what Manning did..yes. Again its all in what you want to take out of that statement. The guy said he is seeing the field and making accurate passes....he did not say he is a top 5 QB to ever play the game. I will disagree Manning had a weak arm unless the op is specifically talking about Mannings last year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Both are average/mid-tier level arm talents who rely on their ability to dissect a field. Dak has a stigma as being a mobile quarterback due to his college days but watching the league due to having semi retired I’ve seen only one clear better pocket passer than him in Tom Brady!
Manning wasn't average to mid tier level arm talent. perhaps after his neck surgery, but he was one of the smartest QBs to ever play the game. so that's a very lofty comparison. I wouldn't go that far, and I think Dak is a top 10 QB...not elite or at least not yet. time will tell

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No, anyone like you who does nothing here but hate on Dak certainly has an agenda and is not a free thinker.

Yeah, okay. Not a free thinker yet I provide stats to back up my position instead of just emotional reaction like yourself and your groupies. Try reading posts where I stated Dak is playing better than expected and that the key to the success of Dallas (you know, the team known as the Cowboys not the Dallas Daks) is to have Dak throw less than 30 times in a more efficient, high percentage passing game supported by a solid running game....and if you notice the last 2 weeks that is what Dallas has done and come away with victories.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yeah, okay. Not a free thinker yet I provide stats to back up my position instead of just emotional reaction like yourself and your groupies. Try reading posts where I stated Dak is playing better than expected and that the key to the success of Dallas (you know, the team known as the Cowboys not the Dallas Daks) is to have Dak throw less than 30 times in a more efficient, high percentage passing game supported by a solid running game....and if you notice the last 2 weeks that is what Dallas has done and come away with victories.

You do get the fact that the last 2 defenses decided to die by the run..right? Thats what makes this offense so exciting.If the defense wants to die by the run we will let them, if they want to die by the pass, we can do that too. Putting 28 points on TB defense first game out the gates was not a failure..if we replay that game right now with how the defense is growing, I feel real good about us winning it.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You do get the fact that the last 2 defenses decided to die by the run..right? Thats what makes this offense so exciting.If the defense wants to die by the run we will let them, if they want to die by the pass, we can do that too. Putting 28 points on TB defense first game out the gates was not a failure..if we replay that game right now with how the defense is growing, I feel real good about us winning it.

Yes, I get that but my point was to the member that seems to always call people trolls and haters if they dare to wait more than 3 games to call Dak a Top 5 QB. Besides, I could care less if Dak is Top 5 or Top 15 so long as Dallas is winning because no one player is above the team, in spite of what many on here seem to believe.

blueblood70

Reaction score
umm PM really??

come on:facepalm:

i like dak a lot

hes improved immensely he will never be PM..the dude was one of the best arm and cerebral talents of all time..you ever hear elite? how about Elite of elite..daks not th best qb in his era now you are comparing him to Pmanning? OMG dude can we calm down?

i do have dak top 7 now but really after the clear top 4 its murky for whos 5-10

Mahomes
rogers
brady
wilson

a debate can be made for them after that

5-10/12

Allen
Jackson
Dak
stafford
murray
Herbert
carr
cousins
Mayfield
that top 12 finding 5-10 is very tough out of those above..

i mean whos playing the best right now out of those? please don't poo poo cousins and carr

go check last years numbers and this years first 3 they are playing at high level this is lie ROMO debates where was he and those guys are like romo..hard to find a permanent slot because all we have is stats and team, play but no deep playoff runs..no championships etc etc

I have a hard time putting any of them ahead of each other..its a tie and changes weekly..

its why we should save these ratings list for the very end of the season after the SB really..:popcorn:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes, I get that but my point was to the member that seems to always call people trolls and haters if they dare to wait more than 3 games to call Dak a Top 5 QB. Besides, I could care less if Dak is Top 5 or Top 15 so long as Dallas is winning because no one player is above the team, in spite of what many on here seem to believe.

I dont think many, most or hardly any would say Dak is above the team..honestly this stems from personal disputs between forum members on here...Really have not seen anyone who does not want the Cowboys to win (yeah I know there are a small few). I do think people have dug in on both sides and right now we should all be very happy where this team is headed. The biggest single reason we are here is because DMFQ is actually doing what he said he would do...and to be honest I'm almost done on waiting for the other shoe to fall on the D (i said almost).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Everyone knows that a balanced attack is the better attack.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both are average/mid-tier level arm talents who rely on their ability to dissect a field. Dak has a stigma as being a mobile quarterback due to his college days but watching the league due to having semi retired I’ve seen only one clear better pocket passer than him in Tom Brady!

Wha? They play nothing alike. Its not even ballpark similar. Mannning had an average arm when he was 38 not when he was 28.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dont think many, most or hardly any would say Dak is above the team..honestly this stems from personal disputs between forum members on here...Really have not seen anyone who does not want the Cowboys to win (yeah I know there are a small few). I do think people have dug in on both sides and right now we should all be very happy where this team is headed. The biggest single reason we are here is because DMFQ is actually doing what he said he would do...and to be honest I'm almost done on waiting for the other shoe to fall on the D (i said almost).
didn't know Quinn's middles name was ** lol

samuel-l-jackson-pulp-fiction.gif

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I don't remember Peytons arm ever being described as average, so you're saying Dak is reading the defense like Peyton and just below Brady in pocket passing? Lmao, Dak is a top 7 QB easily, but don't get crazy
Dak is ranking up crazy stats all from the pocket.
Even Ryan Tannehill and Baker Mayfield do more play action than him.

How many quarterbacks in the league today can play from the pocket almost exclusively and rank up 5,500 yards and 37 touchdowns in their last 16 starts?

I know Brady and Rodgers could. But if you told a top 5 quarterback like Josh Allen aka Cam Newton 2.0 to stay in the pocket and keep us in the game with your arm and he’d go 0-17 with the Bills.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I don't remember Peytons arm ever being described as average, so you're saying Dak is reading the defense like Peyton and just below Brady in pocket passing? Lmao, Dak is a top 7 QB easily, but don't get crazy
I’m talking about Peyton after the neck injury by the way*