Dak plays eerily similar to Peyton Manning since his injury

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
didn't know Quinn's middles name was ** lol

samuel-l-jackson-pulp-fiction.gif

It is now!

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not getting Peyton Manning vibes.
Dak has half a leg and no strength in his arm right now due to now being able to plant his feet right.

But his command of the offense is so dang good he has the Cowboys ranked #2 in the league and higher than both the packers and chiefs on offense in yards and points.

How do you think a quarterback who isn’t completely in control of the game could manage such a spectacular feat. We’ve already played two top tier teams in the Bucs and lethal Chargers so spare me the excuses.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You mean Aaron Rodgers? Im not saying Dak is better than Rodgers but if Dak had a game like Rodgers did week 1 the haters would talk about that game 8 years from now why Dak is garbage

That alone tells a deeper story. When folks know you are supremely talented, they don't worry about a bad game occasionally.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That alone tells a deeper story. When folks know you are supremely talented, they don't worry about a bad game occasionally.

So its not about what actually happens in the game its about how the player is viewed? i think you just made his point.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So its not about what actually happens in the game its about how the player is viewed? i think you just made his point.

Nah, it doesn't. Elite players are viewed as elite because they have proven themselves many times over. If people get worked up over one bad game, the player isn't viewed as elite.

Proof

Reaction score
I think there's a difference in seeing great QB play and comparing somebody to a top 5 All-Time QB.

You can see that Dak is great, but he is absolutely not Peyton Manning. There's literally only maybe 5 or 6 QBs all time that you can put on Mannings level.

You can think Dak is a top 5 QB in the NFL this year without taking things out of the realm of reality with it and comparing him to a top 5 QB of all time.

to be fair, he did say post injury. which i'm honestly not even sure is a compliment lol

Proof

Reaction score
See what happens though when you simply say let's wait more than 3 games before comparing Dak to anyone? The mob attacks because how dare anyone question Dak.

lol always the victim. perhaps it's because you've had plenty of time to come around. how many games is sufficient?

Proof

Reaction score
You could throw acid in the eyes of Peyton Manning and he'd still see CeeDee Lamb wide open in the end zone waving his arms 10 yards away from him.

that play was incredibly weird and I need to rewatch it, because i can't understand how he didn't see/hit ceedee or wilson immediately.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Nah, it doesn't. Elite players are viewed as elite because they have proven themselves many times over. If people get worked up over one bad game, the player isn't viewed as elite.

No it does..if YOU view the player in a good standing..bad games dont matter...if you view the player in BAD standing..then bad games can be brought up...in Reality when AR has a bad game, no matter how you view him, its a bad game..now and 8 years from now.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
to be fair, he did say post injury. which i'm honestly not even sure is a compliment lol
Didn't post injury Manning throw for 5,500 yards and 55 TD?

I'm sorry, but I don't see Dak doing that in a season even with an extra game. That would require Dak to throw 25 more TD passes than his best season so far.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

I'm sorry, but I don't see Dak doing that in a season even with an extra game. That would require Dak to throw 25 more TD passes than his best season so far.

So could Dak yes...I mean look at last year. Is that what we need..NO. Again saying Dak is playing "Like" Manning (in which the op means commanding the offense and being very accurate, does not have to mean he is going to eclipse Mannings legacy). I get what the OP is saying, again, the OP means Daks control of the offense so far this year....thats comparable.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No it does..if YOU view the player in a good standing..bad games dont matter...if you view the player in BAD standing..then bad games can be brought up...in Reality when AR has a bad game, no matter how you view him, its a bad game..now and 8 years from now.

Never said it wasn't a bad game. I said no one is really concerned if it's an elite player. Because whether you hate the player or not, you KNOW he's elite and therefore a bad game does nothing to diminish your confidence in the player.

Game 1, the overwhelming sentiment on the CZ during the game was that Brady was going to do what he does if we weren't able to put them away. Regardless of whether you hate Brady or the Patriots or whatever, everyone still knew we had left him too much time and what the outcome was likely to be.

You don't feel that way if you aren't playing an elite opponent.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Never said it wasn't a bad game. I said no one is really concerned if it's an elite player. Because whether you hate the player or not, you KNOW he's elite and therefore a bad game does nothing to diminish your confidence in the player.

Game 1, the overwhelming sentiment on the CZ during the game was that Brady was going to do what he does if we weren't able to put them away. Regardless of whether you hate Brady or the Patriots or whatever, everyone still knew we had left him too much time and what the outcome was likely to be.

You don't feel that way if you aren't playing an elite opponent.

I think people were concerend even asked if the off season was why AR had a bad game....Again thats why I said it depends on how you view the player...I know alot of GB fans..they are concerened and honestly they question how AR heart is when things get tough this season..and they should. I get your point ...and I get what he was saying....some here can not wait to go all out on Dak the minute he has a bad game. Some here will say it was a bad game and shake it off...it has everything to do with how that player is viewed by that individual.

Proof

Reaction score

ahh, yeah i guess he had two stages. i was thinking more of the sb yr and being replaced by brock osweiler, when he had a noodle arm.