Dak plays eerily similar to Peyton Manning since his injury

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
ahh, yeah i guess he had two stages. i was thinking more of the sb yr and being replaced by brock osweiler, when he had a noodle arm.
He fell off a cliff very quickly.

He went from 39 TDs to 9 TDs the next season.

Aulac

Reaction score
OK. Who are the 14, including Watson, that you have ranked ahead of him? What criteria does your ranking system use? Does it have anything at all with what they do on the football field?

I watch more than just Cowboys game and re-watch full games from other team during my downtime. My ranking is mostly base on the eye test. For example the eye test clearly show in last week game that Justin Herbert is a tier above Dak despite the loss. Herbert had to do more to carry his team than Dak because the Chargers have less talent than the Cowboys. He make throws and does things that Dak has never been able to do. It not just about win/loss as win/loss is a team stats.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Both are average/mid-tier level arm talents who rely on their ability to dissect a field. Dak has a stigma as being a mobile quarterback due to his college days but watching the league due to having semi retired I’ve seen only one clear better pocket passer than him in Tom Brady!

Lets not get crazy.

Manning started 16 games in aseason 16 years. Of thoe he failed to win 10 games in a season 3 times.

Of those 13 winning season he had 12 or more wins in 11 of those seasons. I know , i iknow... he had amazing coaches and Dak's coaches uck...bahahahahahahhah
Lets see if Dak gets anywhere near those numbers.

starfan1

Reaction score
Both are average/mid-tier level arm talents who rely on their ability to dissect a field. Dak has a stigma as being a mobile quarterback due to his college days but watching the league due to having semi retired I’ve seen only one clear better pocket passer than him in Tom Brady!
Omaha Omaha!!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That alone tells a deeper story. When folks know you are supremely talented, they don't worry about a bad game occasionally.
Well that's not right. If a player has a good game, say it. If that player plays like garbage then say that too.

You guys complain about the golf club culture but only call out players you dislike

morat1959

Reaction score
I know this is sarcasm. What world do you live in?

fansince68

Reaction score
The arm is average, but the heart makes up for it. What I wanna know is what happened to Daks mobility. He looks like has 2 left feet when pressured and he tries to scramble. Hard to do RPO's now.

conner01

Reaction score
Why do fans insist on comparing players early in their career to the entire career of an all time great?

conner01

Reaction score
You could throw acid in the eyes of Peyton Manning and he'd still see CeeDee Lamb wide open in the end zone waving his arms 10 yards away from him.
He didn’t want the east TD
But he got the TD didn’t he lol

conner01

Reaction score
At first, I read “Eli” rather than “Peyton.” Eli makes more sense.
Eli is pretty over rated
Dak is nothing like Payton
Hopefully he gets close enough in his career to even consider the argument

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watch more than just Cowboys game and re-watch full games from other team during my downtime. My ranking is mostly base on the eye test. For example the eye test clearly show in last week game that Justin Herbert is a tier above Dak despite the loss. Herbert had to do more to carry his team than Dak because the Chargers have less talent than the Cowboys. He make throws and does things that Dak has never been able to do. It not just about win/loss as win/loss is a team stats.
That's called "context". Very important when throwing stats around willy nilly.

Blake

Reaction score
The arm is average, but the heart makes up for it. What I wanna know is what happened to Daks mobility. He looks like has 2 left feet when pressured and he tries to scramble. Hard to do RPO's now.

77% completion percentage says otherwise. The ignorant point to an mobility like it’s an x-factor for great qbs when history has proven otherwise.