Dak Prescott’s value was on full display tonight

Philmonroe

Reaction score
General rule of thumb, if you can't explain something, you don't really understand it yourself.

Why does this power ("influence") disappear in games like against Philly last year? Or NE? Or NO? Or Buffalo? Or Chicago? Or the Rams?
I can explain this unlike all that previous astrological madness that was spewed. That alleged power disappears when the teams get better. What a coincidence.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right. $38 million next year will get you what again??? Dak has a .500 record since his rookie year with 40% of his wins coming against the Giants and Commanders.
Jerry sign him ASAP!!!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I didn't say anything was wrong with it. But it does say "Go Seahawks!" right?
The user title has "Go Seahawks" but you need to be a zone supporter to change it, which I no longer am. Suffice it to say there was a reason for that update when I was a zone supporter that is no longer applicable but I'm tired of repeating it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I did explain it. I do understand it. But I'm not going to invest a ton of time trying to explain something to someone who absolutely doesn't want to understand. You've already dug your heals in and every attempt and trying to show you otherwise is wasted effort.

It disappears in some games and instances because it isn't magic. It's a factor. Sometimes it is a huge factor. But it is only one factor.
You did not explain it. You mumbled some nonsense to dance around explaining it.

I've asked you specific questions...why do you avoid them?

You can't explain it, because it's a cliche.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The user title has "Go Seahawks" but you need to be a zone supporter to change it, which I no longer am. Suffice it to say there was a reason for that update when I was a zone supporter that is no longer applicable but I'm tired of repeating it.

So then, you would say you don't really need me to "explain it to you", the whole Seahawks thing so to speak. Would that be an accurate statement?

You see how that works? You see, I was a MOD here for a very long time. I understand the situation and I've seen you address this in the past. I asked the question for a reason. I get it but I need you to see that this is what it's like. Do you understand what I am saying to you?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So then, you would say you don't really need me to "explain it to you", the whole Seahawks thing so to speak. Would that be an accurate statement?

You see how that works? You see, I was a MOD here for a very long time. I understand the situation and I've seen you address this in the past. I asked the question for a reason. I get it but I need you to see that this is what it's like. Do you understand what I am saying to you?
yeah, I understand. I should have recognized the user name before responding to you. I don't mind being corrected about something. When I state something that is factually incorrect, I like to know when I've gotten it wrong. You took offense to it. I said my bad but you don't want to drop it. I should have known better. Again, my bad.

jjktkk

Reaction score
no denying that pathetic performance....

but that's why garrett is no longer here.......and there were plenty of games that we should have won and never come down to that game...yes, lets not forget
What really turned me off to Dak was going into this past offseason, after that miserable loss to Philly and the team not making the playoffs, Dak turning down a big contract. Call it bad timing, whatever, but that really pissed me off and soured me on Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What really turned me off to Dak was going into this past offseason, after that miserable loss to Philly and the team not making the playoffs, Dak turning down a big contract. Call it bad timing, whatever, but that really pissed me off and soured me on Dak.
Dak didn't turn down a big contract. the sticking point was the 5th year. he wanted a 4 year (cheaper) contract.

you have to separate emotions and contracts....we love cowboys...contract stuff is contract stuff....

now, with that said, there are several big contracts that were handed off, that are not paying off and we should rid ourselves and rebuild, Lawrence, Zeke, Jaylon....

Lawrence has 1 sack in 14 games....and top 5 paid DE.....that's no going into two seasons and not producing anything
Zeke should have never been paid...you don't give a $15M contract to a RB
Jaylon was over paid, as a favor and business partner to Jerry.....

three big contracts, for cornerstones and we get nothing in return...you want to complain about contracts...start there....

Scotman

Reaction score
You did not explain it. You mumbled some nonsense to dance around explaining it.

I've asked you specific questions...why do you avoid them?

You can't explain it, because it's a cliche.

I didn't avoid anything. In fact, I said you would just dismiss everything I said. Then you proceeded to dismiss everything I said. You are not worth my time or effort.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I didn't avoid anything. In fact, I said you would just dismiss everything I said. Then you proceeded to dismiss everything I said. You are not worth my time or effort.
You didn't say anything. You offered an excuse for why you couldn't explain it. There was nothing for me to dismiss.

You continue to deflect from my questions...BECAUSE. YOU. CAN'T. EXPLAIN. IT.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
yeah, I understand. I should have recognized the user name before responding to you. I don't mind being corrected about something. When I state something that is factually incorrect, I like to know when I've gotten it wrong. You took offense to it. I said my bad but you don't want to drop it. I should have known better. Again, my bad.

I'm not trying to correct you Aviano, or at least that is not what my intention was. My intention was to try and show you how I saw this entire thing. But here's the thing, in terms of the discussion, people get wrapped on the wrong thing to often and this is not you. This is everybody on this board, including me at times. I don't look at things from the eyes of a favorite player a lot of times. That's probably because of my age and contributing factors or drivers. I look at things in terms of financial well being or what makes sense going forward. I think that some fans are not necessarily seeing what we are as a team at this point. We do have a lot of big ticket guys on the roster who are not getting it done. We do have an aging issue at what is easily the most important position group on our team. If we have to blow up the OL, I think it basically negates all of the big ticket contracts on Offense in the short term. Basically, the Cooper deal, the Zeke deal, any future deal at QB. None of those guys will succeed if we don't have an OL in place so it's not smart, IMO, to continue down this road. Smarter to get out of those deals and trade and draft, IMO. That is really the point I was trying to get at earlier. Now, many might not agree, I know that but, I feel pretty confident that if we are busted at OL, we are done. We can't win and we need to start thinking about the future. We can't do another Romo 10 year deal where we are strangled by a Defense that never has enough talent and an Offense that is always limited, either by cap, by injury or age. That's good for Jerry and the team but as a fan, that sucks. JMO

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I have to admire what you did there. Like a boss.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have to admire what you did there. Like a boss.

No. I appreciate you saying this but it's not really anything other then trying to find common ground and get to a point where we are not arguing over stuff that is not all that important to the issue, but instead, actually trying to discuss stuff which is really what I enjoy doing.

Aviano is not a bad poster, he is pretty intelligent. Hell, he actually had a point. I was just trying to get the discussion refocused on what I thought was the bigger issue.