Dak Prescott’s value was on full display tonight

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I don't care who does what. Unlike you...I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan...that wants wins. Even Dak has said that before.

Going full troll tonight eh? Drinking much?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

What a reductionist and simplistic view of football!!! It ignores the vast array of moving parts it takes to produce a consistent winner while negatively generalizing and ignoring the beneficial contributions individual players make on bad teams!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It’s such a stupid perspective!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It all makes sense as to why you hate Dak and don’t want to pay him!!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You’re correct . At least you’re consistent in your ridiculous bashing of Prescott and support of Dalton
I have not been bashing Prescott. I did not support Dalton. He didn't play well either.

Why is it so hard for so many of you to NOT make things up in your heads?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not been bashing Prescott. I did not support Dalton. He didn't play well either.

Why is it so hard for so many of you to NOT make things up in your heads?

I can't for the life of me figure out all these false accusations of "Dak bashing". When asked to prove it they say "oh you know".

There some deep psychosis going on here....people making up stuff in their head they feel they don;t have to prove. Why? There's a reason.

Of course... certain... people are just trolling too..so there's that.

Scotman

Reaction score
Please try to explain how it shows up and disappears at a whim?

We need players that self-motivate. Without that, it doesn't matter how good any QB or other players are.
Please show me where I said anything at all about "whim." I never even hinted at motivation being a factor at whim. No question, a team full of constantly self-motivated players would be great. But that team doesn't exist and never has. Like I said earlier, I can't explain it to you because you've can't even admit that it's a factor.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Please show me where I said anything at all about "whim." I never even hinted at motivation being a factor at whim. No question, a team full of constantly self-motivated players would be great. But that team doesn't exist and never has. Like I said earlier, I can't explain it to you because you've can't even admit that it's a factor.

I didn't say you said anything about a whim. I used that term, because it is not a consistent thing. It comes and goes. It's can apparently be there one game, and gone the next. So, is it only sometimes there? Why is it so fleeting?

You can't explain it, because it doesn't make sense. It's just a story you sell yourself to make you feel better about your opinion.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If you look up his record in 2020 it says 2-3. YOU are the one who said "he's 6-10 in the last 16 games he's played." Don't get mad at me and try to move the target cause you were wrong. It happens. He also left the Giants game with a lead and having led the offense to two straight 75 yard TD drives and was 18 yards away from a third straight. I feel fairly confident in saying he was in command of that game and it was about to turn into a blowout until that other dude came in a fumbled the lead away. If Dak signs the Cowboys can drop his cap hit immediately. If they franchise him again the cap hit will be in the area of 38 million. You think after what we witnessed last night they are going to let him walk? Puff puff pass whatever it is you're smoking...

Fine, but you know what I said was right. He didn't finish the game so it's not a win for him. But its not the point is it. Even if you gave him that win, he still doesn't have a winning record so where does any of this impact the point? IF Dak signs, IF. But how does it drop his cap number by 20 mil and more importantly, why do you pay out a record deal to a guy who can't win you games? Why don't you busy yourself with explaining those claims.

Scotman

Reaction score
I didn't say you said anything about a whim. I used that term, because it is not a consistent thing. It comes and goes. It's can apparently be there one game, and gone the next. So, is it only sometimes there? Why is it so fleeting?

You can't explain it, because it doesn't make sense. It's just a story you sell yourself to make you feel better about your opinion.

I can explain it. You will just refuse to understand and/or dismiss it. YOU are the one who is so protective of their own opinion that you are dismissing something that is widely known and accepted. Some people are motivating...they impact the others around them. It isn't magic or a whimsical thing. Is it hard to define how and why some people have it and some people don't? Of course. If it were something that were easily obtained, everyone would have it. It's almost impossible to explain to people who just don't have it. I'm sure there are some people who are so contrary that they would refuse to allow it to impact them. What Dak provides, and others before him, is contagious confidence. When he steps into the huddle, the people around him believe in him. Confidence in others is infectious. It absolutely has an impact on how people perform. Why doesn't it have the same impact on the defense? I would think that would be an obvious answer, but since you are trying to not understand, I'll explain it anyway. Dak has less impact on the defense because he doesn't interact with them to the same degree.

If you think that every player should only be affected and driven by internal motivation, you're just wrong. That team, that world, doesn't exist. You're just wrong and will be too stubborn to let go of being wrong.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You dont look at the team record and decide what to pay your players based on that record. Any agent would laugh in your face if you tried to make that argument to them. Players are paid based on their personal production in comparison to other players playing that same position.

If you are a WR, a QB, a DE, whatever position you play, you compare your stats to other players in the same position and that is how you determine value and worth. What the team record was the previous year has absolutely no bearing on what a player's value is. Do you think all the probowl players come from teams with winning records? Even teams that win 2-3 games a year usually have at least 1 guy make the probowl, they dont all suck. Now using your logic, that one probowl player should not be paid his market value because he plays on a bad team. Do you see how funny that argument sounds, you would get laughed at by every agent in the league trying to make that argument.

If that is the case, why about DLaw, what about Jaylon, what about Cooper, what about Zeke, why do all of these guys get second contracts when the team cant win but Dak is the exception? If you want to make a rule you dont give second contracts to anybody if the team record is poor, then ok, but apply that standard to every player on the team and dont cherry pick who gets second contracts and who doesnt.

Yeah, this is wrong. You absolutely do, do this. Every team does this to one extent or the other. You bring up DLaw, Jaylon, Cooper and Zeke as if they are reasons why you pay out a record deal? Is that what you are doing here?

You are only hurting yourself.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I can explain it. You will just refuse to understand and/or dismiss it. YOU are the one who is so protective of their own opinion that you are dismissing something that is widely known and accepted. Some people are motivating...they impact the others around them. It isn't magic or a whimsical thing. Is it hard to define how and why some people have it and some people don't? Of course. If it were something that were easily obtained, everyone would have it. It's almost impossible to explain to people who just don't have it. I'm sure there are some people who are so contrary that they would refuse to allow it to impact them. What Dak provides, and others before him, is contagious confidence. When he steps into the huddle, the people around him believe in him. Confidence in others is infectious. It absolutely has an impact on how people perform. Why doesn't it have the same impact on the defense? I would think that would be an obvious answer, but since you are trying to not understand, I'll explain it anyway. Dak has less impact on the defense because he doesn't interact with them to the same degree.

If you think that every player should only be affected and driven by internal motivation, you're just wrong. That team, that world, doesn't exist. You're just wrong and will be too stubborn to let go of being wrong.

General rule of thumb, if you can't explain something, you don't really understand it yourself.

Why does this power ("influence") disappear in games like against Philly last year? Or NE? Or NO? Or Buffalo? Or Chicago? Or the Rams?

Scotman

Reaction score
General rule of thumb, if you can't explain something, you don't really understand it yourself.

Why does this power ("influence") disappear in games like against Philly last year? Or NE? Or NO? Or Buffalo? Or Chicago? Or the Rams?
I did explain it. I do understand it. But I'm not going to invest a ton of time trying to explain something to someone who absolutely doesn't want to understand. You've already dug your heals in and every attempt and trying to show you otherwise is wasted effort.

It disappears in some games and instances because it isn't magic. It's a factor. Sometimes it is a huge factor. But it is only one factor.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Fine, but you know what I said was right. He didn't finish the game so it's not a win for him. But its not the point is it. Even if you gave him that win, he still doesn't have a winning record so where does any of this impact the point? IF Dak signs, IF. But how does it drop his cap number by 20 mil and more importantly, why do you pay out a record deal to a guy who can't win you games? Why don't you busy yourself with explaining those claims.
The win/loss goes to the starter, not the finisher. Always been that way. You can be of the opinion it's not the right way to do it, or is shouldn't be done at all, but that's the way it works. If the team lost, Dak's record would have been 1-4 despite leaving with the lead.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The win/loss goes to the starter, not the finisher. Always been that way. You can be of the opinion it's not the right way to do it, or is shouldn't be done at all, but that's the way it works. If the team lost, Dak's record would have been 1-4 despite leaving with the lead.

You can be of any opinion you want but does it change the point that was being discussed? Seriously, does it change anything I said? If it does not, then why are you doing this?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I saw nowhere where Dak would have improved anything.

Every single aspect was garbage.

The Cards were aggressive and physical, and the Cowboys were just a punching bag. These boys need to find their manhood.

He would have improved the play at QB. Whew that was easy.

jjktkk

Reaction score
and we still had all of those issues and yet never scored just 10 points...go figure.
You're right. Last year in Philly against the Eagles with the NFC East title and a trip to the playoffs on the line, Dak and friends could only muster 9 points. Go figure.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You can be of any opinion you want but does it change the point that was being discussed? Seriously, does it change anything I said? If it does not, then why are you doing this?
Just to inform you how it works. If that doesn't matter to you, then my bad.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're right. Last year in Philly against the Eagles with the NFC East title and a trip to the playoffs on the line, Dak and friends could only muster 9 points. Go figure.
no denying that pathetic performance....

but that's why garrett is no longer here.......and there were plenty of games that we should have won and never come down to that game...yes, lets not forget

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Just to inform you how it works. If that doesn't matter to you, then my bad.

I see, because you feel as if we need to be informed? Yeah, that sounds about right. Lets don't focus on the real discussion, lets talk about informing people about stuff that is unimportant. Is that what you are suggesting to me? Further, is this what matters to you?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I see, because you feel as if we need to be informed? Yeah, that sounds about right. Lets don't focus on the real discussion, lets talk about informing people about stuff that is unimportant. Is that what you are suggesting to me? Further, is this what matters to you?
Like I said, my bad.