Dak Prescott Deal "Not Close" According To Adam Schefter

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has no incentive to sign for anything less than what he thinks he can get on the open market. I guess him and his agent beleive the 50M in endorsements he rakes in every year will simply follow him to wherever he lands.

Sydla

Reaction score
Imagine thinking Dallas is going to settle for a cast-off after letting Dak walk.. that’s what the Dak-stans are trying to convince themselves what would happen.. I mean Dallas didn’t even exercise the 5th year option for Trey Lance and here we are, supposed to believe, Jerry is just going to offer him a a long term contract no matter what he sees?
Lance's 5th year option would have been over $22MM, I believe. I wouldn't assume that because they didn't pick it up it means anything. They likely can extend him for much less than that.

Proof

Reaction score
Imagine thinking Dallas is going to settle for a cast-off after letting Dak walk.. that’s what the Dak-stans are trying to convince themselves what would happen.. I mean Dallas didn’t even exercise the 5th year option for Trey Lance and here we are, supposed to believe, Jerry is just going to offer him a a long term contract no matter what he sees?
5th year option would have been like 20 million dollars lol. there was no way that was ever happening. you're not really making sense

TWOK11

Reaction score
And they played conservative with Rush.. if people paid attention to the stats, in the 5 wins he had no trouble throwing the ball downfield in the second half to win the games..
Rush’s accuracy on passes of 15+ yards was 11% lower than Dak’s and he averaged nearly 3 full YPA less on such throws.

For perspective, that’s a bigger gap on such throws than that between Patrick Mahomes and Gardner Minshew.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I’m happy to hear this.

At this point, there should be zero rush to get a deal done with Prescott.

If he wants $60 million a year, go PLAY like a $60 million player.
Easily the best post of your career in these forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easily the best post of your career in these forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2JQ3.gif

J12B

Reaction score
Same thing most of us think about your silly threads.
My threads usually generate 12 to 18 pages of passionate comments. Unfortunately, they often get closed due to the heated discussions that sometimes lead to controversial remarks.

This thread, however, is completely dull.

A real snooze fest by the OP.

pansophy

Reaction score
There is HOPE in them Hills...............LOL.............
so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-hope-meme.png

Question.............Why hasn't the GREAT Dak Prescott held out?
WHY?
One injury or a bad season (Not being able to feed his stats vs dog teams) could end whatever 60 million dreams the Dakster may have.
Great players get PAID period!!! Heck, Dak so far is the only QB without a new contract.........right?
Dak cannot hold out as only TRUE TALENT has that option.
Right Dak?
Dakdavidians enjoy his last season as a Cowboy not that I predict it will be a pleasant experience for you.
You have my sympathies...................
He has zero leverage in a holdout. Even if he held out all year, he won't get paid -- money he would never earn back no matter how big his deal was -- and he would not accrue a season and thus not be a free agent. If he doesn't like Jerry's deal then his 'leverage' is to roll the dice this year on injuries and just go be a free agent. He could sign to stay here or go somewhere else.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
A journeyman QB had no problem tossing to Mike Evans and going further than Dak last year on a middling Bucs team.

Also, CeeDee put up similar numbers when Rush played QB. Facts are your friends.
Hmm i mean google is your friend, and it has the facts..you sure what you said is a fact?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A few of our star players sucked in the playoffs as well..... should they get paid too, or should we just cut bait with all of our top players and not pay them?
Yep, but Micah and CeeDee were on rookie deals, not their 3rd deal. If they still choke in the playoffs and their 3rd deal comes around, then yes cut bait.

morat1959

Reaction score
Parsons has to be better vs the run and all around better late in the season. This is awesome news about Dak. Please move on ! Right now is not soon enough.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I’m happy to hear this.

At this point, there should be zero rush to get a deal done with Prescott.

If he wants $60 million a year, go PLAY like a $60 million player.
I was hoping Jerry was gonna make him do it 4 games without CeeDee.

You want Mahomes money? Mahomes did it without his WR1 (Tyreek), lost starting RB, WR corps that led league in dropped passes and was the team with a target on their backs after winning the SB.

Do what he did. BTW, Mahomes took LESS money.