Dak Prescott Finished Second in NFL MVP Votes According to the Associated Press

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually I brought Allen into the mix cause I stated I’d rather have had him than Jackson.

And I said there’s no other QB I’d rather have than Mahomes.
No I get why you brought Allen up…..I don’t know how Pat got involved…you brought up he “rose” above Hurts. He should lol.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So should garbage time be stickied to the other NFL quarterbacks or is it just for Dallas quarterbacks?

As a matter of fact, should they go back to all NFL quarterbacks and sticky their garbage time numbers too.... or is this something that's only reserved for Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks?
The post/poster I responded to in this thread knows exactly what I meant by "garbage" time, I don't expect you to understand what I meant

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This is post 188….he brought him up in 177…. :laugh:
Actually he was brought up in post #2 LOL

"We should get this stickied with how many people think Josh Allen got 2nd place….."

You don't remember typing that?

DHB then quoted post #2 with post #131 and you two were off to the races.

It's all right there in black and white.

Not fighting. Just trying to help you with the answer to the question you posted. "How did Allen come up?"

TLDR: You brought him up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes BUT, it still took an iconic play from Eli to win both times. The type of play Dak has clearly shown and stated he is not comfortable making.

Same with Foles. Same with Flacco if you want to go back that far.

Plus we just need Jerry to put together a defense that rivals those Giants defenses.

Other than that though, you're right on the money. lol
Eli did it twice though. I’d argue Cowboys defenses have been better than those Giants defense. Cowboys problem is they can’t compare on toughness or in the trenches.

Dak has flaws but I don’t know if it’s the fear of making the tough throw because I’ve seen him name some stupid risky throws.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

"We should get this stickied with how many people think Josh Allen got 2nd place….."

Not fighting. Just trying to help you with the answer to the question you posted. "How did Allen come up?"

I never asked how did Allen come up…. :laugh: I think you’re out of your element here…..you’re confusing the conversation.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fair enough. No disagreement there. Well I’d take Burrow and Lamar too but just personal preference.
Burrow is up there . Jackson there is several I’d pick ahead of him.

His talent is rare . No doubt. I get it. And Ravens aren’t prob a playoff team without him. And why the MVP status .

But IMO not what you need down the stretch in championship caliber matchups . If you can control his running game which greater defenses at that level can do his passing ability is limited to make those championship caliber drives that are needed .

We’ll see . Maybe he’ll prove me wrong but the AFC is so stacked with greater passing ability QB’s it’s going to be extremely difficult for him to break thru to a SB.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I never asked how did Allen come up…. :laugh: I think you’re out of your element here…..you’re confusing the conversation.
So when DRB said "You lost me now. How did Allen get in the Hurts/ Mahomes discussion?"

And you responded with "That’s what I’m trying to figure out."

You weren't asking how Allen came up?

Ok.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Eli did it twice though. I’d argue Cowboys defenses have been better than those Giants defense. Cowboys problem is they can’t compare on toughness or in the trenches.

Dak has flaws but I don’t know if it’s the fear of making the tough throw because I’ve seen him name some stupid risky throws.
Those Giant defenses had ferocious pass rushes which is what’s needed to cause havoc on Brady. Obviously an 9-7 team didn’t play great all season but they rose up in the playoffs. And Eli played his best on the biggest stages .

Maybe Dak has the potential to play his best on the bigger stages. He hasn’t done that from the get go in his biggest( divisional round)games yet. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have the ability or it’s not possible.

It’s why I’ve argued we should probably stay the course with Dak despite our disappointment and frustration in playoffs. He’s shown us enough in regular season to continue trying to build around while hoping he might finally rise up.

Most teams don’t walk away from Franchise QB’s who consistently take you to playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Actually I brought Allen up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So when DRB said "You lost me now. How did Allen get in the Hurts/ Mahomes discussion?"

And you responded with "That’s what I’m trying to figure out."

You weren't asking how Allen came up?

Ok.
so you were replying to DRB because I know how he got brought up.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Am I reading this incorrectly...or did he not get 1 first place vote?
Thats correct. He was never in the running for MVP because he never received a single 1st place vote.

Only Josh Allen was in the running since he actually received a 1st place vote.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It is this reason why I believe the award should be mentioned specifically for what it stands for. And it has absolutely nothing to do with postseason performance.
Exactly............the award is for regular season performance only............I assumed almost all football fans understood this, but I guess it does have to be spelled out for some.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
How many runner ups/1st losers can people name without googling it. What makes this one so special
I think Tom Brady was runner up a couple of times, once in New England and then the year the Bucs won the SB (Arod was the MVP that year I think if I remember correctly)

I think Jalen Hurts was also runner up the year before last.

Being runner up is not some extra special award, its just an indication that you were one of the very best players in the entire NFL that year. Its like winning the Silver medal at he Olympics, sure you would have love to earn the Gold but getting the Silver doesnt mean you suck, you still are one of the best in the world.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thats correct. He was never in the running for MVP because he never received a single 1st place vote.

Only Josh Allen was in the running since he actually received a 1st place vote.
You are reading it wrong. Allen was never in the running he got a first place vote but didn’t accrue enough points. It’s a point system. For instance if Lamar and Josh both got 17 votes then it would depend on the amount of points they accrued.