Dak Prescott Finished Second in NFL MVP Votes According to the Associated Press

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The answer ALWAYS lies in the middle...well say "usually"?

My only issue with Dak is the width of his inconsistency. He can play so well sometimes...seemingly solid command of the game. Then mind-bogglingly bad.

Not just mistakes...brain dead ones. Like losing his mind type. The regular season? Sure MVP 2 or 3 or runner up or whatever,

Then gives us GB. OF COURSE not the only reason we lost. OF COURSE not the only one flat.

But if you want to claim that MVP runner up gig...then come out and (almost) single-handedly gift the other team 14 easy points, while you KNOW the team is struggling. Something ain't adding up.
Your knowledge of football is what’s not adding up. For example, and something you’re not aware of apparently, winning in the playoffs with a one dimensional offense and a wet paper bag defense is impossible.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Any Dak thread carries the possibility of derailing six ways to Sunday at any given moment." - anonymous internet forum moderator

Disclaimer: CowboysZone.com is not responsible for the content posted by this member. Any similarities to previous posted comments are purely coincidental and cannot be used against the site. May The Force be with You and Rosebud.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your knowledge of football is what’s not adding up. For example, and something you’re not aware of apparently, winning in the playoffs with a one dimensional offense and a wet paper bag defense is impossible.
At home....agaist inferior team.

And your reading comprehension doesnt add up either. You should go back and read my comment very slow. And then show me where i blamed just dak for losing.

I even clearly spelled it out, but you just cant help yourself.

GINeric

Reaction score
"garbage time" should be sitckied

So should garbage time be stickied to the other NFL quarterbacks or is it just for Dallas quarterbacks?

As a matter of fact, should they go back to all NFL quarterbacks and sticky their garbage time numbers too.... or is this something that's only reserved for Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
One of Daks best features was taking care of the ball. he did that very well until for some reason two years ago he started throwing picks like they were going out of style.
Then while he cut down on them last year, still too many and then the playoff game.
What changed?
One of Dak's worst features is his tendency to be overcautious. It's just not his game to try and fit those tight balls in, or throw to the spot and let the receiver make a play. He the polar opposite of a guy like Allen. Dak was "coached up" to be more aggressive and the ints went up.

Jerry Jones
"“I talked to him before the game, and all I said was: ‘Absolutely, do not not take risks,’” Jones said after the game (via Epstein). “‘Be aggressive.’”

Dak Prescott (from the same article, talking about his play the prior week)
“I got away from how I play this game — I got greedy,” Prescott said (via the Dallas Cowboys team website). “I tried to force some throws, take the big ones, and that’s not who I’ve been in my career. … So it was a way for me to just dial back in, but I wiped that clean because I knew what this game meant.”

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At home....agaist inferior team.

And your reading comprehension doesnt add up either. You should go back and read my comment very slow. And then show me where i blamed just dak for losing.

I even clearly spelled it out, but you just cant help yourself.
Come on man up. You put the blame on playoff losses squarely on Dak as that’s mostly what you have become.

Swagger

Reaction score
One of Dak's worst features is his tendency to be overcautious. It's just not his game to try and fit those tight balls in, or throw to the spot and let the receiver make a play. He the polar opposite of a guy like Allen. Dak was "coached up" to be more aggressive and the ints went up.

Jerry Jones
"“I talked to him before the game, and all I said was: ‘Absolutely, do not not take risks,’” Jones said after the game (via Epstein). “‘Be aggressive.’”

Dak Prescott (from the same article, talking about his play the prior week)
“I got away from how I play this game — I got greedy,” Prescott said (via the Dallas Cowboys team website). “I tried to force some throws, take the big ones, and that’s not who I’ve been in my career. … So it was a way for me to just dial back in, but I wiped that clean because I knew what this game meant.”
I.e. Prescott is a disciplined bus driver. He won't lose you a game but he won't win you a game. 8 years of tape on this. You don't pay top dollar for those type of quarterbacks. That's it in a nutshell.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You lost me now. How did Allen get in the Hurts/ Mahomes discussion?
That’s what I’m trying to figure out. We were discussing Lamar then it turned to Josh….now you’re bringing up Pat. We were never discussing Pat. He’s in a league of his own. No one comes close.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I.e. Prescott is a disciplined bus driver. He won't lose you a game but he won't win you a game. 8 years of tape on this. You don't pay top dollar for those type of quarterbacks. That's it in a nutshell.
Exactly.

The chance of a lighting in a bottle type of run to a championship is very unlikely.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree. Not only do I think he’s shown you he can win a game but he’s certainly shown you he can lose it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly.

The chance of a lighting in a bottle type of run to a championship is very unlikely.
Exactly.

i

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Romo and Rivers had more than 2 great years.
Rivers had a solid career as a middle tier to above average Franchise QB . And his longevity provided for his impressive career numbers.

Romo shortened injury plagued career interrupted what could have been a more impressive cumulation. I’d rank him possibly a little above middle tier to above average for at least a couple years . I’d agree 2014 was his most effective season. Unfortunately we never saw him complete another season .

But neither were in the upper echelon that era which I’d list as Brady, Peyton, Rodgers. Maybe Brees and Big Ben who all will be in HOF.

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
That’s what I’m trying to figure out. We were discussing Lamar then it turned to Josh….now you’re bringing up Pat. We were never discussing Pat. He’s in a league of his own. No one comes close.
You brought him up. Post 188

"No I'm saying in reference to Hurts. Not that you'd take him over here him but Hurts just like Allen has taken him down to the wire. What's the difference in those two? Neither could beat Mahomes but came close."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Actually I brought Allen into the mix cause I stated I’d rather have had him than Jackson.

And I said there’s no other QB I’d rather have than Mahomes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You brought him up. Post 188

"No I'm saying in reference to Hurts. Not that you'd take him over here him but Hurts just like Allen has taken him down to the wire. What's the difference in those two? Neither could beat Mahomes but came close."
This is post 188….he brought him up in 177…. :laugh:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yes BUT, it still took an iconic play from Eli to win both times. The type of play Dak has clearly shown and stated he is not comfortable making.

Same with Foles. Same with Flacco if you want to go back that far.

Plus we just need Jerry to put together a defense that rivals those Giants defenses.

Other than that though, you're right on the money. lol