Dak Prescott Finished Second in NFL MVP Votes According to the Associated Press

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats correct. He was never in the running for MVP because he never received a single 1st place vote.

Only Josh Allen was in the running since he actually received a 1st place vote.
First-ballot votes are only a factor if a player gets an overwhelming share of the 50 voters' choices. This is due to each first-ballot vote equaling ten points each. This is what will almost always happen in the current voting format.

500 points is the total maximum number of possible points for any candidate. Lamar Jackson received 49 of the 50 voters first-ballot votes equaling 490 total points. As a result, Jackson had already won the award mathematically without needing any votes from the second, third, fourth or fifth ballots.

Below is an illustration how Jackson could have hypothetically won MVP if none of the AP voters had cast one vote for him on their first-ballot. This fantasy scenario would reverse all 50 first- and second-ballot votes:

kox0j2M.png

As shown above, Jackson would have received zero consideration on every voter's first ballot and then received almost 100% consideration on the second ballot. The total point margin between the top finishers would have been narrower but each player would have finished in the exact same order.

This is why the AP changed to the current voting format. Total points determine which player gets the award. First-ballot votes still matter but will not exclusively decide any possible winner every time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak Prescott was not won 12-5 three straight years. He has been the starting quarterback of the team's three straight winning seasons.
Right ,

Prescott's playoff record is not Prescott's playoff record, it's a team playoff record, how about that same with Romo's playoff record, it's a team playoff record, has nothing to do with the owner either the owner doesn't play the games, he puts teams good enough to get to the playoffs somehow it's not the coaches playoff record ,either apparently it's everyone's record to bare, good, bad ,ugly, or indifferent is it not???HMMM gotcha!

I like it when it seems to be OK to pay all these other players in the history of the Dallas Cowboys including the ones up for money now like lamb and Parsons without bringing up their playoff records because their playoff record suck too I mean come on why can we have to pay them you shouldn't pay them because they can't get us over the hump not one of them made a single special play in any of our losses in the playoffs matter of fact they've gone kinda silent you know disappeared they ghosted but yeah this is all put on the quarterback but now all of a sudden it's not his record it's the team record I love it.....

so, I like how some of you chime in only with the one piece of info whenever it suits you just fine...

So please I would like you to mention this in every single post about how Prescott can't win the big game how Prescott's not getting us to a Super Bowl how his name is used solo in just about 75% of the post around here about him and his inability somehow to put on a Cape and carry this team to the promised land even though not one of our quarterbacks ever in our Super Bowl runs we're responsible solely for the wins and they actually played some of them below average and still won... I don't wanna hear how some quarterbacks who have a playoff win should be lauded and given all this flowers and they're put up against Prescott cause he doesn't have a playoff run to match.. That's a fact Brock purdy's absolutely carried by that team just like Troy and Roger were carried by his team because I watched the games by Troy every game and he was not perfect he threw a lot of interceptions he made a lot of mistakes and it was covered up by team play just like Matthew Stafford Super Bowl run with 20 interceptions and two in the Super bowl you're right the record is not on the quarterback alone wins or losses and I wanna make sure people remember that and thank you for opening up my daily coffee rant it'll be the longest run on rant every morning and you triggered it,

you are welcome..

I want to make sure I follow up with this and you be sure to post on every single Prescott post about him not winning in the playoffs and he shouldn't get paid even though there's 10 quarterbacks out there that make more money than him and only one of them have a Super Bowl win and have done anything more than he has and yet that's always the narrative we shouldn't pay him because he's not gonna get us any further in the playoffs he he he he he he he he he he..get that? Hardly ever a wee wee wee wee wee wee wee wee any of these posts about Prescott and you let it slide you all moderators let it slide without a comment like this and now I wanna hold you to the same comment because it is not Prescott losses it's the team losses that are holding us back and he is damn good quarterback he's damn good enough to get us to a Super Bowl if he had anything that resembled the Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach LED team..

Those are facts I watch those games with insane offensive lines and a run game that is almost unmatched the coaching Staffs are almost unmatched the defense is some of them earn big nicknames special teams making special plays right at the right moments yes those teams won Super Bowls and no way shape or form was Troy and Roger "that special" they were simply allowed to make mistakes like we seen other teams recently in the playoffs like the 49ers have any sane deficits at halftime and somehow they still came back and beat the lions when our team couldn't because our team's not good enough it's not about the quarterback in the losses is either..

That's exactly what I'm gonna do and thanks for reminding me any post about Prescott I'm gonna come in and just paste and cut your statement this is a team record it's a team loss it's a team that can't get past the second round of the playoffs..

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
The story so far - Lamar Jackson won the MVP. All this remaining bs, is just trying to hype up a dude who lost the MVP vote. End of story.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The story so far - Lamar Jackson won the MVP. All this remaining bs, is just trying to hype up a dude who lost the MVP vote. End of story.
It is a strange situation. Defending Dak's runner up status?

Nobody remembers an MVP....unless it's multiple awards and championship ala Michael Jordan. Let alone a runner up....why does it even matter?

And in the running for Most Valuable Player...in the whole league...and then pooped his pants in an easy home playoff game?

Weird.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Right ,

Prescott's playoff record is not Prescott's playoff record, it's a team playoff record, how about that same with Romo's playoff record, it's a team playoff record, has nothing to do with the owner either the owner doesn't play the games, he puts teams good enough to get to the playoffs somehow it's not the coaches playoff record ,either apparently it's everyone's record to bare, good, bad ,ugly, or indifferent is it not???HMMM gotcha!

I like it when it seems to be OK to pay all these other players in the history of the Dallas Cowboys including the ones up for money now like lamb and Parsons without bringing up their playoff records because their playoff record suck too I mean come on why can we have to pay them you shouldn't pay them because they can't get us over the hump not one of them made a single special play in any of our losses in the playoffs matter of fact they've gone kinda silent you know disappeared they ghosted but yeah this is all put on the quarterback but now all of a sudden it's not his record it's the team record I love it.....

so, I like how some of you chime in only with the one piece of info whenever it suits you just fine...

So please I would like you to mention this in every single post about how Prescott can't win the big game how Prescott's not getting us to a Super Bowl how his name is used solo in just about 75% of the post around here about him and his inability somehow to put on a Cape and carry this team to the promised land even though not one of our quarterbacks ever in our Super Bowl runs we're responsible solely for the wins and they actually played some of them below average and still won... I don't wanna hear how some quarterbacks who have a playoff win should be lauded and given all this flowers and they're put up against Prescott cause he doesn't have a playoff run to match.. That's a fact Brock purdy's absolutely carried by that team just like Troy and Roger were carried by his team because I watched the games by Troy every game and he was not perfect he threw a lot of interceptions he made a lot of mistakes and it was covered up by team play just like Matthew Stafford Super Bowl run with 20 interceptions and two in the Super bowl you're right the record is not on the quarterback alone wins or losses and I wanna make sure people remember that and thank you for opening up my daily coffee rant it'll be the longest run on rant every morning and you triggered it,

you are welcome..

I want to make sure I follow up with this and you be sure to post on every single Prescott post about him not winning in the playoffs and he shouldn't get paid even though there's 10 quarterbacks out there that make more money than him and only one of them have a Super Bowl win and have done anything more than he has and yet that's always the narrative we shouldn't pay him because he's not gonna get us any further in the playoffs he he he he he he he he he he..get that? Hardly ever a wee wee wee wee wee wee wee wee any of these posts about Prescott and you let it slide you all moderators let it slide without a comment like this and now I wanna hold you to the same comment because it is not Prescott losses it's the team losses that are holding us back and he is damn good quarterback he's damn good enough to get us to a Super Bowl if he had anything that resembled the Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach LED team..

Those are facts I watch those games with insane offensive lines and a run game that is almost unmatched the coaching Staffs are almost unmatched the defense is some of them earn big nicknames special teams making special plays right at the right moments yes those teams won Super Bowls and no way shape or form was Troy and Roger "that special" they were simply allowed to make mistakes like we seen other teams recently in the playoffs like the 49ers have any sane deficits at halftime and somehow they still came back and beat the lions when our team couldn't because our team's not good enough it's not about the quarterback in the losses is either..

That's exactly what I'm gonna do and thanks for reminding me any post about Prescott I'm gonna come in and just paste and cut your statement this is a team record it's a team loss it's a team that can't get past the second round of the playoffs..
So if "the team" wins a SB, we can just trade Dak the next year because it's a "team" achievement? This is bait-and-switch apologetics for Dak...plain and simple. The SECOND Dak was raising the Lombardi Trophy you would be pounding your chest even if the final score was 3-0.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
It is a strange situation. Defending Dak's runner up status?

Nobody remembers an MVP....unless it's multiple awards and championship ala Michael Jordan. Let alone a runner up....why does it even matter?

And in the running for Most Valuable Player...in the whole league...and then pooped his pants in an easy home playoff game?

Weird.
They find new and more absurd ways to try and hype him up and do everything to minimize his failures. No no...don't pay attention to his playoff failure, look he came second in MVP voting - like that is some kind of award he won. Imagine celebrating coming in 2nd as a great achievement.

blueblood70

Reaction score
here ill finish it

good try

you are welcome..

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
here ill finish it

good try

you are welcome..

You still do not understand why Dak Prescott was not 12-5 for three straight years. Post again without thinking first and I will explain it to you afterwards.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You still do not understand why Dak Prescott was not 12-5 for three straight years. Post again without thinking first and I will explain it to you afterwards.
And you fail to understand when you leave something incomplete where you purposely leave out pertinent information that every thread that says Prescott and then his record in the playoffs never mentions that it's a team concept that the record belongs to the team so when you say that you're supposed to finish with that not it's not his record well it's not his record in the playoffs either it wasn't romos record and it for sure wasn't Troy aikman's or Roger staubach's record alone in the playoffs I've watched a lot of their games they made a lot of mistakes and were covered up by greatness that is just how it works the better the team the better your chances in the playoffs and our quarterbacks have not been given such a team because I guarantee either one of them on the old Super Bowl teams they still would have won those Super Bowls guaranteed that is my opinion....

So I'm gonna call you out anytime this happens and you don't mention the fact that it's a team record when we're talking about the the losses regular season and playoffs we all saw it the defense sucked in just about every loss last year including the win in Seattle no one mentioned it it's only a team concept when we're talking about the rest of the team we talk about the quarterback he's not responsible for the good part of the record he's only responsible for the bad part of the record that's par for the course around here and that's why you're gonna get this response you fail to understand that don't you..

Ohh trust me I put thought into it you're the one who put incomplete statements purposely editing it out to fit your narrative that it's not Prescott who went 12:00 and 5:00 but without mentioning that when they have a poor record or they lose nobody mentions the records not the quarterbacks.....

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
here ill finish it

good try

you are welcome..

Could you repeat that please?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And you fail to understand when you leave something incomplete where you purposely leave out pertinent information that every thread that says Prescott and then his record in the playoffs never mentions that it's a team concept that the record belongs to the team so when you say that you're supposed to finish with that not it's not his record well it's not his record in the playoffs either it wasn't romos record and it for sure wasn't Troy aikman's or Roger staubach's record alone in the playoffs I've watched a lot of their games they made a lot of mistakes and were covered up by greatness that is just how it works the better the team the better your chances in the playoffs and our quarterbacks have not been given such a team because I guarantee either one of them on the old Super Bowl teams they still would have won those Super Bowls guaranteed that is my opinion....

So I'm gonna call you out anytime this happens and you don't mention the fact that it's a team record when we're talking about the the losses regular season and playoffs we all saw it the defense sucked in just about every loss last year including the win in Seattle no one mentioned it it's only a team concept when we're talking about the rest of the team we talk about the quarterback he's not responsible for the good part of the record he's only responsible for the bad part of the record that's par for the course around here and that's why you're gonna get this response you fail to understand that don't you..

Ohh trust me I put thought into it you're the one who put incomplete statements purposely editing it out to fit your narrative that it's not Prescott who went 12:00 and 5:00 but without mentioning that when they have a poor record or they lose nobody mentions the records not the quarterbacks.....
That's what she said. lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You will not read and comprehend my words, so I will submit the following instead:

Cooper Rush, Amari Cooper lift Cowboys to comeback win over Vikings (link)
Joel Epstein | USA Today
October 31, 2021

The first win came before kickoff, when Dallas ruled quarterback Dak Prescott inactive and successfully avoided a setback to their franchise quarterback’s calf strain.

Cowboys lean on defense in Prescott's return, top Lions 24-6 (link)
By Schuyler Dixon | KXXV.com
October 22, 2022

Prescott was predictably ragged after missing five games with a fractured right thumb...

Third time. Dak Prescott was not 12-5 during the team's last three 12-5 regular seasons for anyone, like yourself, who applies wins and losses to quarterbacks. That said, people, who do apply wins and losses to quarterbacks, normally assign games they actually played in.

It will not matter but I will add that I am not a CowboysZone member who plays the win/loss game. I stopped attributing wins and losses to quarterbacks well over a decade before Tony Romo played Pee Wee football. Before Troy Aikman was drafted. A CowboysZone search of my posts should confirm my statement.

I welcome you replying with your usual posts from now on. I am an idiot when it comes to creating non-animated and animated images. And your posting style has been kicking my creative nonsense in its backside for a long LONG time.

Thanks. :)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Why wouldn't Mahome be numero uno, these lists are always entertaining and worth the time to read.
It's the amount of time you spend afterwards while running the numbers through your head for the rest of the day that is most frustrating.
Legit question because no player does more with less (not that Mahomes does it by himself, that team is very good) but lets be honest what player is more valuable to their team than Mahomes? NONE.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Legit question because no player does more with less (not that Mahomes does it by himself, that team is very good) but lets be honest what player is more valuable to their team than Mahomes? NONE.
It’s tough because Lamar does a lot too with the rushing yards….he and Mahomes probably do the most and Josh Allen as well.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Agree, and what coach is more valuable than Reid.