Dak Prescott Finished Second in NFL MVP Votes According to the Associated Press

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Even if he’s more likely with his passing ability to consistently provide a better opportunity to knock off the best team and QB out?
Like I said above man I've seen what it takes to win a SB these past 20 years. A turnover prone QB no matter how many touchdowns he has. Top 5 probably even top 3. He's more talented than Burrow. But I'm not sure if I don't take Burrow over him to go to a SB. I can trust Burrow to lean on his defense and not make the dumb play. I'm not there with Allen.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jalen Hurts outplayed Mahomes in the SB...yet you aren't vouching for him....almost beating Mahomes isn't enough for me. IF the blueprint has been set on what it takes to win a SB....why would I try to win going the opposite of it? The game is won in the trenches and taking care of the football.
Not when the game was on the line. And yes I’m vouching for Mahomes.

When all things are basically even after the fact and the game is on the line I’m going with the more prolific passing and play making QB’s.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Like I said above man I've seen what it takes to win a SB these past 20 years. A turnover prone QB no matter how many touchdowns he has. Top 5 probably even top 3. He's more talented than Burrow. But I'm not sure if I don't take Burrow over him to go to a SB. I can trust Burrow to lean on his defense and not make the dumb play. I'm not there with Allen.
At least we agree on Allen being top 3. Which IMO provides you the best opportunity to beat #1.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just goes to show that the AP doesn't have a clue about voting for an MVP. How could Prescot finish 2nd among them when the only thing that he does well is beat NFL Toads and run up his stats against prevent defenses.
Any voting process is flawed. Personally, I would not entrust voting for awards given in team sports to any governing body outside of the leagues themselves. That is an opinion I have held for Hall of Fame voters, etc.

That said, the AP's voting process is structured and not haphazardly conducted. It is not done as flippantly as the NFL Top 100 election process for example, which is something I have carried a pet peeve over since its inception decades ago.

I wish the process was more transparent in gauging how individual voters came up with their votes but that is unlikely to ever happen. Even so, the OP explains how each voter sorts their choices in order and assigns a point value to each specific choice.

It is a multi-layered consensus vote. And is weighed heavily by individual voters using statistical data accumulated by their five choices per voter. That is the choice made by the AP.

Conceivably, the NFL could 'steal' the AP's process, kick them to curb and let a select panel of 50 ex-NFL coaches/college coaches/etc. (for example) use the exact same process. Perhaps then, the consensus vote would reflect more than statistics into the overall evaluation.

Just me ranting about stuff not going to happen though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not when the game was on the line. And yes I’m vouching for Mahomes.

When all things are basically even after the fact and the game is on the line I’m going with the more prolific passing and play making QB’s.
No I'm saying in reference to Hurts. Not that you'd take him over here him but Hurts just like Allen has taken him down to the wire. What's the difference in those two? Neither could beat Mahomes but came close.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No I'm saying in reference to Hurts. Not that you'd take him over here him but Hurts just like Allen has taken him down to the wire. What's the difference in those two? Neither could beat Mahomes but came close.
You’re asking me what’s the difference in Allen’s talent level and Hurts?

Do you consider Hurts top 3 or even top 5?

gtb1943

Reaction score
One of Daks best features was taking care of the ball. he did that very well until for some reason two years ago he started throwing picks like they were going out of style.
Then while he cut down on them last year, still too many and then the playoff game.
What changed?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of Daks best features was taking care of the ball. he did that very well until for some reason two years ago he started throwing picks like they were going out of style.
Then while he cut down on them last year, still too many and then the playoff game.
What changed?
Just spit balling but his right ankle may be part of the reason.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So although Dak has his issues. It would seem he is not quite as bad as some make him out to be.
The answer ALWAYS lies in the middle...well say "usually"?

My only issue with Dak is the width of his inconsistency. He can play so well sometimes...seemingly solid command of the game. Then mind-bogglingly bad.

Not just mistakes...brain dead ones. Like losing his mind type. The regular season? Sure MVP 2 or 3 or runner up or whatever,

Then gives us GB. OF COURSE not the only reason we lost. OF COURSE not the only one flat.

But if you want to claim that MVP runner up gig...then come out and (almost) single-handedly gift the other team 14 easy points, while you KNOW the team is struggling. Something ain't adding up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’re asking me what’s the difference in Allen’s talent level and Hurts?

Do you consider Hurts top 3 or even top 5?
I’m not asking the difference in talent. I’m saying based on what you’ve said….Allen went toe to toe with Mahomes. Hurts did as well. And no I don’t consider him top 5 at all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not asking the difference in talent. I’m saying based on what you’ve said….Allen went toe to toe with Mahomes. Hurts did as well. And no I don’t consider him top 5 at all.
Hurts did have a great game. I’d argue he probably out performed Mahomes overall . Which is what made the game so close . But in the end guess who rose above ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think Romo and Rivers both had some years they were top 3….id say Romo for sure was a top 3 qb in 2014…..and he didn’t turnover the football nearly as much as Allen does.
One or two great years doesn’t define a career.

Marino on the other hand did have several great years which led to SB and Championship games appearances .