Dak Prescott has the most pass attempts in the NFL

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’m not gonna fault them for not getting Henry but anyone would’ve been good. Mixon, Singletary, Dobbins…not even against signing Zeke as a short yardage guy or pass protection guy but so many 15 to 20 carry backs out there…nothing.

Watching that game last night the threat of Henry just makes the game so much easier….Bills too they are missing that too. Cook is a solid back but he didn’t scare the Ravens. Just knowing you need 5 guys to tackle Henry puts fears in teams….
I will absolutely fault them for not getting Henry. Because they then lied to the fanbase about being able to afford him.

Then doubled down on Zeke being the same kind of back.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I will absolutely fault them for not getting Henry. Because they then lied to the fanbase about being able to afford him.

I mean I don't believe nothing that comes out of their mouth but if you want to knock them for "All In" or saying Zeke is the same kind of back that's fair. But there is nothing out there that says Henry would've signed in Dallas over the Ravens. It was pretty much the best unkept secret in the league. They tried to trade for him last season and it fell through. He was destined to go to the Ravens. I'm more upset they didnt' address the position at all. Henry would've been great. I Was fine even if Father Time had hit him. I don't believe in being a scary GM. There's risk in everything. And when its not my money its easier said the done I get that but these contracts aren't guaranteed and ive seen this franchise waste money on much inferior players.

Hadenough

Reaction score
149 attempts for #1 in the league. Watson & Jones are right behind him.

Dallas has the least amount of rushing yards in the league with NY and Cleveland both in the bottom 7.

Found this an interesting, but not surprising correlation.

Additionally, Prescott is #2 in passing yards, #5 in 1st downs, & tied for 4th with a bunch of QB in TDs,
That rookie Daniels is #1 in completion percentage. Dak is #23

Chasing6

Reaction score

Dallas has the least amount of rushing yards in the league with NY and Cleveland both in the bottom 7.

Additionally, Prescott is #2 in passing yards, #5 in 1st downs, & tied for 4th with a bunch of QB in TDs,
Thats usually what happens when you can't run the ball and your D gives up a lot of points.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Problem is you'd have to see Henry here with o line and coaches.

I mean you could be....probably even...right. but we do have some issues here that might make Henry look....different.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Completions?

btgboys41

Reaction score
Stats are useless right now. Like Dak’s Baltimore stats, many QBs can have a spike in stats for the positive or negative off of just one game. It’s an interesting tidbit but maybe after 7 or 8 games, there should be stats that start to tell a story. Just my opinion.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak is carrying us. You can’t win a championship with your QB carrying you.

starfan1

Reaction score
Asked to do more? Like score 1st half points? Mvp...hi dollar man.... should be able to manage it. He seems to sometimes do it in the 2nd.
MVP high dollar man cant do it himself. I wont sit here and say he has nothing to do with our failures but the pre-snap penalties and holding calls that put them behind the chains are not his fault. Neither is the fact that we cant run the ball. Its never just 1 thing. Or sacks given up

there have been some rotten passes though like the one to zeke in the flat. Ive seen some chatter tha zeke wasnt where he was supposed to be but i lean on Dak as the fault on that 1

phildadon86

Reaction score
Problem is you'd have to see Henry here with o line and coaches.

I mean you could be....probably even...right. but we do have some issues here that might make Henry look....different.
He was a top back last year with a worse line and coach.

Also. This line and scheme arent as bad as you think. The backs are making the line look bad. The stats are there for you to see. They are creating holes. These backs just suck.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I mean I don't believe nothing that comes out of their mouth but if you want to knock them for "All In" or saying Zeke is the same kind of back that's fair. But there is nothing out there that says Henry would've signed in Dallas over the Ravens. It was pretty much the best unkept secret in the league. They tried to trade for him last season and it fell through. He was destined to go to the Ravens. I'm more upset they didnt' address the position at all. Henry would've been great. I Was fine even if Father Time had hit him. I don't believe in being a scary GM. There's risk in everything. And when its not my money its easier said the done I get that but these contracts aren't guaranteed and ive seen this franchise waste money on much inferior players.
I would bet money that if he had to choose. Staying close to home would have made a massive difference if the money was the same.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would bet money that if he had to choose. Staying close to home would have made a massive difference if the money was the same.
I don't think he cared because if he did he would've waited to buy a house based on where he was signing. Probably has a rental out there in Baltimore.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MVP high dollar man cant do it himself. I wont sit here and say he has nothing to do with our failures but the pre-snap penalties and holding calls that put them behind the chains are not his fault. Neither is the fact that we cant run the ball. Its never just 1 thing. Or sacks given up

there have been some rotten passes though like the one to zeke in the flat. Ive seen some chatter tha zeke wasnt where he was supposed to be but i lean on Dak as the fault on that 1
But of course. My opinion is the whole team js a bit dysfunction right now. Except Aubrey...maybe Luepke.

Hard to go down the whole list 1st before getting to dak. :).
And yes....i do expect more of dak...as qb, leader, hi dollar man. He has the most opportunity and responsibility as qb than any other single player. It's not just dak....every qb out there. Just happens dak is ours.
Of course he needs his team to do their jobs too. I went round and round with 6 about it. Team game that NEEDS individuals to perform.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was a top back last year with a worse line and coach.

Also. This line and scheme arent as bad as you think. The backs are making the line look bad. The stats are there for you to see. They are creating holes. These backs just suck.
Hmmm....if you say so. Point me to some plays with linemen 5 yards up field looking for pancakes. You are probably not interested...but just don't think you can either.

An example of my perspective? I'll have to get back with you later on a pc...and i know this is a passing play....but daks almost safety, you can see three guys standing around empty handed. Couple other plays i showed in a different thread.

I think stats require some caution and context. Some are bogus or incomplete to what's actually happening. You might be talking about this new fangled stat about blocking separation around rb. Meh.

Our run game ain't good and everyone else sucks almost as bad as rbs.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
But of course. My opinion is the whole team js a bit dysfunction right now. Except Aubrey...maybe Luepke.
I think Anger, Sieg, Ferguson, Tyler Smith, Jourdan Lewis and Goodwin also have their act together early this season along with Aubrey and Luepke. Their play has been fairly consistent.

But that is 8 of your 53. Not a good measure of performance for a football team when on 15% of your squad is showing up to play on a consistent basis.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Regardless of how you feel about him, he does have a difficult situation:

• Worst running game in the league
  • WR getting no separation
  • outside of Ceedee, limited route tree (basically spamming comebacks)
  • 2 rookies on the Oline + a below average RT.
  • Porous defense
Not exactly a recipe for success.
If he truly played to win championships he would have wanted out of here OR he would have taken the opportunity to leverage the organization to make some moves. It's that simple.

He, better than anyone, should have been able to look at roster & understand it was only going to be worse unless they made some moves. At least he has Zeke to comfort him now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Anger, Sieg, Ferguson, Tyler Smith, Jourdan Lewis and Goodwin also have their act together early this season along with Aubrey and Luepke. Their play has been fairly consistent.

But that is 8 of your 53. Not a good measure of performance for a football team when on 15% of your squad is showing up to play on a consistent basis.
Good call. I was gonna throw Anger in their he is punting quite well. Ferg too...when we get him opps. The other guys I'll have to eyeball more carefully. But yes...too few for sure.