Dak Prescott hasn’t figured out how to use Dez Bryant

Gameover

Reaction score
Nor has the offensive coaching staff. The money routes for Dez are slants, deep posts, or flags, fade routes, (but the ball has to be thrown accurately or at least give Dez a chance ) crossing patterns, curls and come backs. Dez is not an explosive receiver he is a powerful receiver a chain mover, he will never be wide open on routes so you have to throw him open or put it where only he can get it or no one gets it at all. he is just like Irvin was, Irvin was never wide open he and Troy developed an chemistry like Dez and Romo did thru hours of practicing after and before practice.
Open:

Open:

Pretty good coverage here but he still had a slight step on the defender:

Romo making Dez better:

Nobody throws that directional pass quite like Romo. Dez might learn that one day!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
romo alluded to this in the chiefs game. And right now without zeke and no dez Potential for explosive plays our offense just has to be perfect to march down the field.

Dez Bryant is a joke. None of these guys go deep. Most cant beat single coverage. Double Witten and Beasley and its over.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Open:

Open:

Pretty good coverage here but he still had a slight step on the defender:

Romo making Dez better:

Nobody throws that directional pass quite like Romo. Dez might learn that one day!

LOL...........3 years ago. Dez is a shodow of himself. But yah, Dak doesnt feel comfortable throwing to a guy that cant get open. I dont blame him.

tico

Reaction score
Can't expect a 2nd year QB to figure out how to use offensive players when the coaching staff doesn't know how either. Garrett's offense allows for zero flexibility.
Amen to that! Dez has never been used to his highest potential here. Dak is in his 2nd year back off chicken Little's...

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don't know. I don't see the jump ball explosiveness or ability to come down with tough grabs at all anymore from Dez. I think he's been sapped of most of his athletic ability following the injuries. He never was great at getting separation but his explosiveness and great hands and leaping ability more than made up for it. I don't see those qualities out of him anymore.
I don't think Dez is as good as before but I can't help but notice how bad he's been since Dak got here so that's why I put more on Dak esp knowing he isn't the most accurate down field.

That's your opinion which I don't give a expletive about for future reference.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
romo alluded to this in the chiefs game. And right now without zeke and no dez Potential for explosive plays our offense just has to be perfect to march down the field.
Romo never figured how to win past Thanksgiving.
It is the ineptness of the coaches. It's not on Dak.

Verdict

Reaction score
Nor has the offensive coaching staff. The money routes for Dez are slants, deep posts, or flags, fade routes, (but the ball has to be thrown accurately or at least give Dez a chance ) crossing patterns, curls and come backs. Dez is not an explosive receiver he is a powerful receiver a chain mover, he will never be wide open on routes so you have to throw him open or put it where only he can get it or no one gets it at all. he is just like Irvin was, Irvin was never wide open he and Troy developed an chemistry like Dez and Romo did thru hours of practicing after and before practice.

Why have a receiver who you have to throw it to him covered up. That should be self evident.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think Dez is as good as before but I can't help but notice how bad he's been since Dak got here so that's why I put more on Dak esp knowing he isn't the most accurate down field.

That's your opinion which I don't give a expletive about for future reference.
The Dez numbers were declining before Dak.

Dak's stats to all other receivers are not a problem.

I study the game film and Film Don't Lie.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
The Dez numbers were declining before Dak.

Dak's stats to all other receivers are not a problem.

I study the game film and Film Don't Lie.
Never said they weren't declining. I think Dak isn't good in getting Dez the ball. The other receivers don't have the same skill set as Dez with regards to jump balls. Unless you have some actual known credibility your watching of game film is just like the rest of people with gamepass to me. If you study the film so much you should be on someone's team instead of on here. Since you're just a regular guy with gamepass it means but so much but you're free to disagree.

Aven8

Reaction score
I said it all year that without Zeke we have no playmakers. People scoffed and said anyone can run behind this line.....look at what Ramsey is doing......Zeke is our only playmaker folks. Our WR's suck. The sooner you accept it the better you will be.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Dez's injuries have slowed him down, Dak doesn't throw the intermediate to long passes that well, inconsistent mechanics leading to bad passes, its a variety of reasons why dak and dez don't connect. Dak is at his best when he's dinking and dunking unfortunately.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The simpletons on the board will never realize Dak simply isnt the passer Romo was. His understanding of defenses, coverages an how to throw a receiver open is not something Dak’s shown at the same level at this point.

Last edited:

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I remember when people used to say Romo didn't know how to use Dez right. That Kitna got better results from Dez than Romo could.

Good ol' days.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Dak to Dez connection was strong the second half of last year.

Had great games against the steelers, Bucs, eagles, lions, (ok against the Vikings) and the packers in the playoffs.

But something is off this year.

Proof

Reaction score
I said it all year that without Zeke we have no playmakers. People scoffed and said anyone can run behind this line.....look at what Ramsey is doing......Zeke is our only playmaker folks. Our WR's suck. The sooner you accept it the better you will be.

What does Ramsey have to do with anything? He’s also a cog in a machine. A great piece on a talented defense. As far as zeke being our only playmaker, he’s certainly our most talented but again what if we had to watch him with our back up qb and Chaz/Byron rolling out the red carpet.