Dak Prescott hasn’t figured out how to use Dez Bryant

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Looks like Romo didn't use him that well either since he was not in the 2014 NFC championship. This idiot has so much to say now as a analyst and forget that he failed over and over.
I mean 31 qb’s fail every year if that’s the barometer.

He was like 70-45 in his career and raised the franchise to levels I haven’t seen in my lifetime, they’re like 45-70 without him in my life.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Has romo ever scored single digits in back to back games?
Has he ever Gone as bad as 1-23 scoring tds on drives ?

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
The Dez numbers were declining before Dak.

Dak's stats to all other receivers are not a problem.

I study the game film and Film Don't Lie.

you mean when weeden and cassell were throwing him the ball?

romo knew dez... dak doesnt.. its simple.. dez isnt the same player but he can still make plays just gotta get the ball in his hands.

how come no one notices daks passes are closer to the defender or way out of bounds when throwing to dez

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
you mean when weeden and cassell were throwing him the ball?

romo knew dez... dak doesnt.. its simple.. dez isnt the same player but he can still make plays just gotta get the ball in his hands.

how come no one notices daks passes are closer to the defender or way out of bounds when throwing to dez

Exactly.

It’s every Dez hater’s approach...ignore context and look at numbers in a vacuum.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Nor has the offensive coaching staff. The money routes for Dez are slants, deep posts, or flags, fade routes, (but the ball has to be thrown accurately or at least give Dez a chance ) crossing patterns, curls and come backs. Dez is not an explosive receiver he is a powerful receiver a chain mover, he will never be wide open on routes so you have to throw him open or put it where only he can get it or no one gets it at all. he is just like Irvin was, Irvin was never wide open he and Troy developed an chemistry like Dez and Romo did thru hours of practicing after and before practice.

Good post, I agree 100%!! In my opinion, Dez has been misused his whole career.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Dak certainly isn't doing great in connecting with Dez, but I think a lot of the problem lies with Dez himself. He has not been and likely will never again be the same player he was before the injuries. His hands, inexplicably, have taken a nose dive as well.

No matter who is at QB, I think it's optimistic to expect the 2010-2014 Dez to ever reappear.

Great read on his hands. He seems to not be able to snag the ball out of the air and prefers a physical jump ball state.

Recalling Tonys comments I think he said he likes it up high and in this type of position.

Fine if you have the time to do that, but with our line under pressure with the new/replacement players that's not as easy as it sounds....

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Good post, I agree 100%!! In my opinion, Dez has been misused his whole career.

Wonder what Dez would have been, or can be, if we ran some Jerry Rice routes... Don't recall Rice being he deep threat guy, more of slant and go type. With Taylor the deep ball guy.

Thinking of that I think I just described the Irvin / Harper combo. With Irvin running a lot of slants, occasional sideline route, and Harper the go receiver on the long balls.

Idea for combo. Dez / Brown or Dez/Butler combo

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Great read on his hands. He seems to not be able to snag the ball out of the air and prefers a physical jump ball state.

Recalling Tonys comments I think he said he likes it up high and in this type of position.

Fine if you have the time to do that, but with our line under pressure with the new/replacement players that's not as easy as it sounds....

It really is strange isn't it? I can understand losing explosiveness, leaping ability, etc. as a result of knee/feet injuries. I do not at all understand how a receiver with great hands loses that ability. I don't recall ever seeing a receiver's great hands regress over the course of his career, especially so suddenly.

You would think hands should be the absolute last thing to go. At age 50, even though you can't get open worth a lick, I wouldn't expect a crazy drop off in hands. Really weird.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Isn’t he like 5th fastest to 50 td’s in his career or something

He was also one of (5?) very few receivers with 5,000 receiving yards and 50 receiving TDs in his first 5 seasons. The other ones I remember doing it are Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Andre Rison.