Dak Prescott hasn’t figured out how to use Dez Bryant

Aven8

Reaction score
What does Ramsey have to do with anything? He’s also a cog in a machine. A great piece on a talented defense. As far as zeke being our only playmaker, he’s certainly our most talented but again what if we had to watch him with our back up qb and Chaz/Byron rolling out the red carpet.

A lot of posters said and still say we should have take Ramsey over Zeke. It was a stupid idea then and still is today.

And if that happend Zeke and Cooper Rush would be just fine. What people don't understand is everything defenses do revolves around if #21 is in the game. The Safety's, coverage, etc etc.

Proof

Reaction score
A lot of posters said and still say we should have take Ramsey over Zeke. It was a stupid idea then and still is today.

And if that happend Zeke and Cooper Rush would be just fine. What people don't understand is everything defenses do revolves around if #21 is in the game. The Safety's, coverage, etc etc.

That’s just speculation on your part tho. Clearly teams game plan for Zeke and literally everyone here understands that.

75boyz

Reaction score
Dak is done can’t teach accuracy at this point of someone’s career. RG3 and Kaepernick say hello.

Hopefully not, but to piggyback your post if I may...

Dak does not throw a consistently accurate ball.

Now I am not a pro football scout, so I don't know enough about all the nuances of pro football quarterbacking but can only share my amateur eye test opinion.

Rodgers, Brady and Brees are hall of farmers and excel IN precision accuracy and ball placement.

I don't hold Dak to that standard...yet.

The Eli's and Cutlers of the world are inconsistently accurate. The former somehow managing to win 2 rings (I know, but that's not my point)

My point is that I hope that over time we witness an ever increasing upward trend of ball placement/accuracy to which I have not witnessed the consistency part as of yet.

Our own Tony Romo was a very accurate passer.

My NBA analogy would be comparing like a streak shooter similar to maybe J.R. Smith or even further back, the old John Starks to a Steph Curry. The former were streaky but the latter consistent.

Accuracy is my most important trait I look for in a QB.

Didn't know how many others shared as strong an opinion on accuracy in a QB as me so I thought I would expand this previous post a bit...

Cebrin

Reaction score
He still needs to work on his footwork for accuracy, and pocket presence to boot. Our offensive scheme is enabling him, to be honest, and teams know it. When we face good defenses, they sniff out the bootlegs, and roll-outs, because they know that's where he's comfortable. I think Romo rode him about footwork last year, because you could see him adjust his footing at half time consistently. Romo isn't here anymore. I keep seeing the same damn back foot throws, over, and over, and over. He's young, and there will be growing pains. He's still a good, young QB, and I think we'll be fine. We need the entire coaching staff replaced from top to bottom.

Last edited:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
After 12 targets in the middle of the field at less than 15 yards all year long, Dez got 4 last night, for 42 yards, catching 3 and dropping one. Probably out of necessity, as the game plan was quick passes, but he continues to be by far the best option on throws to that part of the field.

Prescott
Middle of field, target less than 15 yards

Bryant 13 of 16 142 yd 1 td 0 int 124.4
others 23 of 39 208 yd 3 td 2 int 77.7

The problem with Dak-to-Dez is all the other parts of the field. And it's mostly a Dez issue deep, and a Dak issue short and outside the numbers.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Dak isn't the problem here, it's 100% Dez. Thankfully, we won't have to worry about him much longer.
100%?????

You are in for a rude awakening. Watch Cole Beasley routes and tell me whats new there. Almost 80% is the 5-8 yard out

Section446

Reaction score

You are in for a rude awakening. Watch Cole Beasley routes and tell me whats new there. Almost 80% is the 5-8 yard out
I'm advocating for replacing Dez via the draft or FA, the answer to our lack of a #1 isn't currently on the roster.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I'm advocating for replacing Dez via the draft or FA, the answer to our lack of a #1 isn't currently on the roster.
It wont matter in this offense. there is almost no anticipatory throws. It is high school stuff.

That said, look at how uncrisp the WRs are off the line other than Witten (ironically). You have a Derek Dooley issue that is rotting from the inside like everything else he touches, Probably thinks our WRs are like the Germans in WWII...or some other psuedo intellectual horse **** he sells with his family name

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
The Dak to Dez connection was strong the second half of last year.
Yes it sure was.

2016 last 8 games
Bryant 43 of 67 (64%) 646 yd (9.6 ypa) 8 td 2 int 122.8
others 127 of 181 (70%) 1313 yd (7.3 ypa) 6 td 1 int 99.5

But something is off this year.
Yes it sure is.

Bryant 50 of 97 (52%) 541 yd (5.6 ypa) 4 td 3 int 69.1
others 151 of 223 (68%) 1580 yd (7.1 ypa) 12 td 4 int 98.5

Ken

Reaction score
romo alluded to this in the chiefs game. And right now without zeke and no dez Potential for explosive plays our offense just has to be perfect to march down the field.
Anyone who thinks Dez isn't one of the biggest issues on this team right now doesn't know anything about football.

Period.

Section446

Reaction score
It wont matter in this offense. there is almost no anticipatory throws. It is high school stuff.

That said, look at how uncrisp the WRs are off the line other than Witten (ironically). You have a Derek Dooley issue that is rotting from the inside like everything else he touches, Probably thinks our WRs are like the Germans in WWII...or some other psuedo intellectual horse **** he sells with his family name
At the end of the day, nobody is afraid of Dez, and they haven't been for quite some time. We need a legitimate threat that can stretch the field and strike fear in defenses. He's too slow, can't break a tackle (had two chances last night), and can't run a route to save his life. He's part of the problem, not part of the solution.

zack

Reaction score
Dak isn't the problem here, it's 100% Dez. Thankfully, we won't have to worry about him much longer.

Disagree. Maybe you missed all those quick throws to his feet. They aren’t on the same page. That play where Darby hit Dez in the end zone is a prime example. Think back to last year. Romo throws the same pass to Williams, back shoulder easy TD.

I really find it hard to believe that Dez is done. I think that this staff has no idea how to use him. That’s the more logical answer.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Hopefully not, but to piggyback your post if I may...

Dak does not throw a consistently accurate ball.

Now I am not a pro football scout, so I don't know enough about all the nuances of pro football quarterbacking but can only share my amateur eye test opinion.

Rodgers, Brady and Brees are hall of farmers and excel IN precision accuracy and ball placement.

I don't hold Dak to that standard...yet.

The Eli's and Cutlers of the world are inconsistently accurate. The former somehow managing to win 2 rings (I know, but that's not my point)

My point is that I hope that over time we witness an ever increasing upward trend of ball placement/accuracy to which I have not witnessed the consistency part as of yet.

Our own Tony Romo was a very accurate passer.

My NBA analogy would be comparing like a streak shooter similar to maybe J.R. Smith or even further back, the old John Starks to a Steph Curry. The former were streaky but the latter consistent.

Accuracy is my most important trait I look for in a QB.

Didn't know how many others shared as strong an opinion on accuracy in a QB as me so I thought I would expand this previous post a bit...
Something I noticed is dak does not throw a very catchable pass. He throw at his receiver not TO them. Not very often does a player have a chance to catch it in stride and continue running for YAC.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Dez isn't one of the biggest issues on this team right now doesn't know anything about football.

Period.
giphy.gif

HungryLion

Reaction score
Was thinking ... What is daks wow throw so far in his career?

He has a bunch of them.

Dak to Dez for a 50 yard TD against the steelers. He sidestepped a free blitzed right in his face. Stepped to the left and threw a perfect strike that flew 50 yards in the air and hit Dez in stride.

Against the 49ers he threw a perfect strike to Brice Butler who was running to the left sideline of the end zone. Dak has pressure right in his face and threw a perfect bullet to him.

Againdt the packers in regular season he threw a great pass to Brice Butler right before the end of the first half. Brice had one step on the defender and was close to the sideline. Dak threw it right in the bucket over Brice’s shoulders.

Thanksgiving against the Skins. Dak was flushed to the right. He threw a bullet to Terrance Williams at the pylon for a TD.

Against the niners this year, he hit Witten in the back of the end zone in tight coverage. It was a great pass that Witten caught right before going out of bounds.

Again, I know Dak’s consistency with his accuracy is something he needs to improve.

However, anybody who tries to argue that his arm
Isn’t talented enough to make amazing throws, either hasn’t paid attention or their memory isn’t very strong. Dak has made a lot of great throws.

It’s just about making them consistently. Which comes down to his footwork. Which still gets sloppy at times.

When Dak’s accuracy struggles, it’s not his arm causing it. It’s his feet.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
romo alluded to this in the chiefs game. And right now without zeke and no dez Potential for explosive plays our offense just has to be perfect to march down the field.

Looks like Romo didn't use him that well either since he was not in the 2014 NFC championship. This idiot has so much to say now as a analyst and forget that he failed over and over.

Kalyan

Reaction score
These guys practiced against rookies and marinelli defense all camp and patted themselves on tha back, when real games started, without a true running game, they are exposed