Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hate it when my team spends money on quarterbacks that deliver negative results when it matters most.
I don't like it either, but crying and moping won't change it....so, why let it bother me....if it did, I wouldn't be wasting my time around here....that's what I don't get...the"haters" don't leave. It'sike they just get their jollies off of trolling.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Wonder how far these haters and trolls will take it.

They are already rooting against any success hoping that will bring change. Next I guess they’ll root for career ending injuries . Maybe root for the team plane to crash . How far are they willing to go.

And then they will hate anyone who supports and or realizes we have little choice in the matter still rooting on our QB and team.

Surely at some point fans here will ignore .
Newsflash: he has already demonstrated his lack of success.

Stop saying "hate". Useless hyperbole

Jayinem

Reaction score
Why not hold the line at 50? Jerry always seems to be the one resetting the market at almost every position, because he's weak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He certainly will ask for more because that's how negotiations work. But you'd be done with Dak if Jerry decides to grant it? How would that be Dak's fault?
It's going to destroy this team's chances of improving on their playoff chances, especially with young key players like CeeDee, Micah and a few more's big contracts already due.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your standards are cowardice if you can't give someone credit when they do well. We all know your agenda, we get it. That little man syndrome sucks.
Yep bet you were clapping when Kramer won................ :muttley:
EC_SNqUW4AEDBT3.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think it’s stayed fairly consistent depending whether you have a Market Price Franchise QB which is about 20% of the Cap .

They are expecting Cap this year to break a quarter billion.
I thought expectations were that the cap was about 243M....yeah only 7M difference.

the cap has grown about 7-8% per year. QB salaries about 9-10% with each new contract over previous one. so depending on how many contracts are redone each year, that could be significant increase. .

Portnoy1

Reaction score
True dat. The hate for Prescott should be directed completely to ownership. Move on if you’re not happy with him.
Dak is not a world beater but he is above average. However, if the front office thinks he is not that guy so be it. They shouldn’t back themselves into a corner with no way out. He wasn’t forced to sign that contract and they weren’t forced to give it to him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am not as concerned with the $ amount of Dak's new contract. I am more concerned about how much is guaranteed, the number of years and to make sure we have the ability to trade him if need be.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Message to the team and fans: just be good enough to keep the seats filled, and I will reward you.

Win in the playoffs if you can, but if you don't, please don't sweat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.