Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What's positive to say about keeping a guy that comes up horribly short when needed most, and paying him more money.

Does he get paid a lot to underperform in the most critical moments? Is that the reasoning he uses in salary negotiations?
Do you get paid to fail your company at critical times?
In our owners eyes he’s not failing.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
And the dude won a SB. Teams move on from QBs all of the time, yet Dallas is terrified to move on from a guy who can’t beat good teams and is like a deer in headlights during the playoffs. Instead they’re good with participation trophies so hand out another big contract.

The guy has never had to face any competition at all for his spot, didn’t even let the old dude compete after injury, we know why. He’s been protected and coddled.
moved on to Geno Smith of all people

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What's positive to say about keeping a guy that comes up horribly short when needed most, and paying him more money.

Does he get paid a lot to underperform in the most critical moments? Is that the reasoning he uses in salary negotiations?
Do you get paid to fail your company at critical times?
Wah, wah, wah! So you only see the bad....not the good. Figures....

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"I'm glad I'm not sold on this guy, but I will defend him to my death."

Cooper Rush said, "I kicked butt with this bad defense and nobody to throw too and with the worst offensive line in the NFL"

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he isn't resetting crap, he's lucky he can rest his car alarm without choking. sheesh.

cowboys1732

Reaction score
My question is, and maybe it’s already been answered, what’s the anticipated cap hit for Dak for next season once he gets the this contract? Will it help with cap relief?

At this point, I personally am more worried about their LB core, offensive line, RB, DT and possibly WR than I am Dak. Dak isn’t going anywhere so all the hand wringing is crazy IMO.

Would I personally like to move on from Dak, yes if it is someone with talent that gives them a chance to win. But if these other areas aren’t properly addressed, it will not matter who the QB.

I would like to see Lance in the preseason. Maybe the kid has turned the corner.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Want somebody to blame?? Blame Jerry-not Dak. Jerry could of signed him 2 years earlier and we wouldn't be in this spot. So, if I'm blaming anybody? It's Jerry!! Dak is getting what the system says he deserves. Like it or not...

btgboys41

Reaction score
Got no problem with Dak wanting 75 mill/year and Jerry obliging. We’ve seen this before from the original Al Davis late in his years. Jerry’s just aversion 2.0.

What I don’t want to hear is Dak even implying his goal is the Super Bowl. Maybe a few Cowboy fans will slurp it up, but it’s an insult to most fans. He isn’t fooling them in the face of his money grab.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
my 2 cents on Dak, decent to good QB, must have an all pro at almost every position to succeed. not deserving of a contract that is going to reset the QB market. I have a thread going to were I would try and trade him and some others and start fresh.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Want somebody to blame?? Blame Jerry-not Dak. Jerry could of signed him 2 years earlier and we wouldn't be in this spot. So, if I'm blaming anybody? It's Jerry!! Dak is getting what the system says he deserves. Like it or not...
that's a true fact, only thing is Dak and his agent got the better of our 2 clowns JJ and SJ

leeblair

Reaction score
I think Jerry is underestimating how sick the fan base is of his way of doing things, and next season will be a rude awakening for him.

GoldenR

Reaction score
..........and we will continue to reset the record book with years not getting to an NFC championship game let alone Superbowl. Liability definition: Person or thing that is likely to put one at a disadvantage.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Meh. Nothing new here. Just speculation based on the same cap relief most people have been expecting. There is no real insider info that Dak will be paid this much or the Cowboys are willing to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.