Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
I am not as concerned with the $ amount of Dak's new contract. I am more concerned about how much is guaranteed, the number of years and to make sure we have the ability to trade him if need be.
This.

Cap hit is important. His cap hit has been low and the Jones' have done squat with the space. His contract had built in flexibility for the team to make moves and they sit on their hands.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Message to the team and fans: just be good enough to keep the seats filled, and I will reward you.

Win in the playoffs if you can, but if you don't, please don't sweat it.
Message to the team. You are doing a tremendous job overachieving with a horrendous GM.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You tell me....you can't seem to make up your mind....my mind is set. I don't waiver or get swayed by posters that only show up when Dak plays bad, and now they're after Micah too. Their brainwashing is preying on the weak.
Tell you what? I just said your post didn’t make sense and it didn’t. If posters doing what you’re claiming that’s on them I’m just speaking on the post I quoted of you.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
trolling, haters ?
You really gotta stop.
Why don't you stop? Thus is your team.
.say something positive once in a while. Negativity is fine if you can also point out the positives. These trolls never have anything positive to say....so, in my eyes they are trolls and haters.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep bet you were clapping when Kramer won................ :muttley:
EC_SNqUW4AEDBT3.jpg
Don't know who that is....are you the one sitting on the floor....what a cutie! :muttley:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tell you what? I just said your post didn’t make sense and it didn’t. If posters doing what you’re claiming that’s on them I’m just speaking on the post I quoted of you.
I bet it makes sense to your new friends

leeblair

Reaction score
The NFL should devalue the quarterback position. They play basically two-hand touch on the quarterback, so he doesn't have to worry about the hits that caused concussions and other injuries that Troy Aikman and quarterbacks in prior years from 1996 on back took. They don't even wear knee pads anymore.
It's sad that the Cowboys have had such struggles with the quarterback position, being that a school yard kid with a good arm could succeed in today's NFL. All they have to do is scramble a little and find the open receivers. Defensive backs have to cover longer and offensive linemen have to back peddle while blocking faster linebackers- these are the most skilled positions in the NFL nowadays.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The NFL should devalue the quarterback position. They play basically two-hand touch on the quarterback, so he doesn't have to worry about the hits that caused concussions and other injuries that Troy Aikman and quarterbacks in prior years from 1996 on back took. They don't even wear knee pads anymore.
It's sad that the Cowboys have had such struggles with the quarterback position, being that a school yard kid with a good arm could succeed in today's NFL. All they have to do is scramble a little and find the open receivers. Defensive backs have to cover longer and offensive linemen have to back peddle while blocking faster linebackers- these are the most skilled positions in the NFL nowadays.
Yep. Give me a solid QB that doesn't panic when the bright lights are on and you can surround them with talent and go to the SB...see Brock Purdy

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This is an NFL problem. They decided to let QBs account for a huge portion of the teams cap and now we have to deal with game manager qbs getting ridiculous pay days, basically handicapping teams.
Yeah, this bugs me, especially since no quarterback can be successful without talent at other positions, especially the O-line, the running game, and the defense in general. I've often wondered if the league should have a quarterback salary cap, or even a per-position cap.

stiletto

Reaction score
Honestly, I think they should rip off the band at this point but everyone knows it isn't going to happen. Dak will get paid insane money.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah, this bugs me, especially since no quarterback can be successful without talent at other positions, especially the O-line, the running game, and the defense in general. I've often wondered if the league should have a quarterback salary cap, or even a per-position cap.
The owners would love that. Do you think they could convince the players to go for it? It would have to be collectively bargained.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry appreciates your unwavering support of him.
All I'm saying is that every team goes thru this, it's not exclusive to the Cowboys. Your constant whining about this is not going to change anything! Get a life, go out and enjoy your life instead of coming in here with same whining, day in and day out! There is not a single member here who has not read your continous whining about Dak every single day!

Spare us please!

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Why don't you stop? Thus is your team.
.say something positive once in a while. Negativity is fine if you can also point out the positives. These trolls never have anything positive to say....so, in my eyes they are trolls and haters.
What's positive to say about keeping a guy that comes up horribly short when needed most, and paying him more money.

Does he get paid a lot to underperform in the most critical moments? Is that the reasoning he uses in salary negotiations?
Do you get paid to fail your company at critical times?

Status
Not open for further replies.