Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If they don't matter stop crying.....jeez....you guys have so much damn hate. How can you enjoy the game. I don't care what Jerry does, I have know say in it. Whoever is on the field, I'll root for. I don't get how some can be so NEGATIVE and are still here. Moping, crying, whining every single day! Please share your thoughts! :lmao:
They sound like the most insufferable people lol.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the Cowboys will be FORCED to extend Prescott - pushing money down the road (kicking the can) JUST to come under the salary cap.

It’s too late to curse Dak and his contract. Face it - we’re married to the guy. Only hope is that somebody can supplant him. Color me a HUGE fan of Trey Lance right now. But even if he comes through - it’s gonna be MESSY.

Last edited:

pitt33

Reaction score
Tom Brady was the best decision the Patriots ever made.

Dak Prescott and his contract(s) are the worst decision the Cowboys have ever made when it comes to winning championships.

StarLord

Reaction score
No worries, guys.

It’ll be a bargain contract 4 years from now, bros.

Just in time for 35 year old Dak to be owed 90 million in his final year that causes us to have to extend him again.

Trust the process.
Jerry seems perfectly content to kick the can down the road until he's dead or Dak retires. Frustratingly. We'll be near winless in the playoffs and still will have to pay the piper.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Time to cut Prescott loose. Keeping him and expecting big things is silly. Silly.
You realize the Cowboys will be on the hook for about $60M to Prescott and completely hamstrung in FA as they will ALREADY be over the cap. Say ‘goodbye’ to 2024 season - and turn out the lights.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
The owners would love that. Do you think they could convince the players to go for it? It would have to be collectively bargained.
Good news is the other 1600 players would be able to out vote the 99 or so QBs. It is simple really, make QBs either a max percentage of the cap OR a seperate cap for Qbs that all QBs on a team have to fit under. Once the other players realize there will be more money available for them I believe you would get the needed votes.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The owners would love that. Do you think they could convince the players to go for it? It would have to be collectively bargained.
It's hard to say. My guess is it would have plenty of support from unsung heroes like linemen, but little support from skill positions like quarterback and wide receiver.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I think Jerry is underestimating how sick the fan base is of his way of doing things, and next season will be a rude awakening for him.
what "rude awakening" are the Cowboys fans going to show Jerry? as if next year will be the tipping point after 30 years.

:lmao:

:flagwave:

Mannix

Reaction score
I would LOVE to see Dork take this challenge....would be HILARIOUS!!!

Kwyn

Reaction score
Not everyone can’t be blissfully ignorant like you, Ranch.

Some of us root for change to get better while others chose to do as they’re told and take it without a fight.
Is that what you are doing? “Rooting for change?”

There are variations across the spectrum here at the Zone.

Some may be “blissfully ignorant” and some may “root for change”, but MC, everyone who is a regular here knows that you are absolutely, 100% negative, all day, every day.

Surely you know this and, it would appear, take great delight in being the extreme voice of negativity that is the polar opposite of the oblivious, Pollyanna posters at the other end. The ones who can never bring themselves to say anything negative about the team.

You’re the ying to their yang. You and them are battling each other in a never-ending, meaningless, war.

The rest of us are just doing the best we can. We have our good days and bad. Our days when we want to blow it up while still hoping that things turn out well.

But not you, and not them. You’re all pretty weird when it comes down to it.

I’m personally on team blow it up but I reject, utterly, that 100% jaded cynicism and constant vitriol is the way to share it.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Is that what you are doing? “Rooting for change?”

There are variations across the spectrum here at the Zone.

Some may be “blissfully ignorant” and some may “root for change”, but MC, everyone who is a regular here knows that you are absolutely, 100% negative, all day, every day.

Surely you know this and, it would appear, take great delight in being the extreme voice of negativity that is the polar opposite of the oblivious, Pollyanna posters at the other end. The ones who can never bring themselves to say anything negative about the team.

You’re the ying to their yang. You and them are battling each other in a never-ending, meaningless, war.

The rest of us are just doing the best we can. We have our good days and bad. Our days when we want to blow it up while still hoping that things turn out well.

But not you, and not them. You’re all pretty weird when it comes down to it.

I’m personally on team blow it up but I reject, utterly, that 100% jaded cynicism and constant vitriol is the way to share it.
17 pages and finally someone that gets it.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Sad news for Cowboys fans, amazing news for the Dak before Dallas cultists. Their boy is about to get a raise for being bad at his job, it's their SB basically.

Go celebrate guys you deserve it, you're the best jock sniffers a fraud could ever dream of.

Status
Not open for further replies.