Dak Prescott Is Going To Reset The QB Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
just cut this guy already. take the hit, suck for a year or two and go get a QB that can actually play well when it matters.
That's not an option for Jerry, he's too old for one and can't stand not winning a lot of regular season games for two.

I'd be fine with what you suggest, but it's not happening....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Why all of the indignation about Dak getting close to $60 million a year because "he's 2-5 in the playoffs"? Anybody think Dak is unique in that?

Well, how about some other quarterback salaries and their playoff record:

Lamar Jackson - $52 million, 1-3 playoff record.
Justin Hebert - $52.5 million, 0-1 playoff record.

Oh, and Dak's 2-5 record means he has a .400 winning percentage in the playoffs. Dan Marino is a HOFer, and has a career playoff winning percentage of .444. Went to only 1 SB, which he lost. And he's revered by many Dolphins fans as a great quarterback.

Now I'm not saying I think Dak should get near $60 million a year. Just noting that in today's NFL, $60 million isn't that much compared to some of his contemporaries, and that paying a qb a massive salary doesn't guarantee SB wins.

We better all get used to those kinds of $$$$$ for quarterbacks in the NFL....

Kwyn

Reaction score
Sad news for Cowboys fans, amazing news for the Dak before Dallas cultists. Their boy is about to get a raise for being bad at his job, it's their SB basically.

Go celebrate guys you deserve it, you're the best jock sniffers a fraud could ever dream of.
Where are these legions of posters who only care about Dak? There are like 3 of them. I’m not even sure I can think of three specific posters who just looooove Dak and feel he’s hall of fame material. There are, however, tons of regulars who despise him like he killed their dog.

There are way more people who are still die on the hill Romo supporters than there are Dak “jock sniffers”. It’s crazy.

Posters like you are creating enemies out of smoke and dust. It’s the classic straw man.

It makes no sense.

Bigdog

Reaction score
giphy.gif
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Since nothing I could do to change how the Cowboys operate I am already out as a fan of Jerry circus .Let him and Cap Boy do whatever they want.
There’s nothing any of us can do. The fix is in .

PSL’s are locked in on season tickets . Fans can’t walk away. Jethro doesn’t care if they are brokered out to opposing fans.

Sponsors aren’t going away as long as the stands are full.

And as long as you tune in to any NFL game equal TV revenue shares with Cowboys.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak had this to say in 2019:

"Nobody's wife makes as much money as his wife does either," Prescott said, via USA Today. "When Tom Brady isn't the breadwinner in the home, then that's a great problem to have. So in that case, he can do that. He can do his contract however you want to do it."

So Dak has to take every nickel he can get or he will be in the poor house because he doesn’t have a rich wife.
Where is Tom's wife now ? I think tom never had access to her money.

So he was just like any other nfl qb money wise.
Tom just likes to win so he took less and figured he could get by on 26 mil a year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And as long as you tune in to any NFL game equal TV revenue shares with Cowboys.
watching games is ok, unless you are a neilsen viewer it doesn't have any effect on ratings.
No one knows what we are watching unless neilsen is monitoring you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Tom just likes to win so he took less and figured he could get by on 26 mil a year.
Plus cause was on a better team staying healthier longer extending his career which ultimately earned him more money and fame .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
watching games is ok, unless you are a neilsen viewer it doesn't have any effect on ratings.
No one knows what we are watching unless neilsen is monitoring you.
They know how many are watching if you have cable , legal streaming or satellite service .

125 million viewers for the SB weren’t all Nielsen households .

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Talk about robbery but Jerry still making money so he don't care about winning.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go on
Get it Out
Rant
Rave
Stomp Feet
Throw arms up in the air screaming whyyyyyy
Throw arms up in the air screaming nooooooo
Lay down on floor and in crowded store and refuse to leave
Hold you breath
Threaten to run away from home
Throw a brick at the TV
Throw your laptop
Throw the keyboard of your desktop
Pretend to throw smart phone but still keep it in hand

Whatever you gotta do, do it.

If you are going to be a fan of this team you might as well get used to the idea that Jerry is gonna pay Dak and Dak is going to be the highest paid QB or Player in the NFL until the next person gets more and so on..

If Jerry and Dak aggravate you to the point that you are physically having problems or it is actually causing you serious emotional damage...

Reevaluate what it truly important in your life.
If need be, step away from the Dallas Cowboys or the NFL.

No need to live your life to be so upset all the time on a message board to the point it sounds like your life is defined by being angry and aggravated about the dallas cowboys. I do not say this in jest or as an insult but some seem so miserable I have to wonder if they are the same way around family and or loved ones.

I can understand being angry about this team, the leadership, the coaches and the players or a combination of them. That is not the issue. Nothing wrong with letting loose and discussing the problems as you see them with the team.
However when that is all you do and you do it in about every thread you contribute to, might be time to step back and give yourself a break...and give us a break as well. Many members on this forum that do not always like the ownership, coaches, moves or lack of moves, players and so on but they are also get wore out with the same old arguments about Dak or other players. There are other topics and players to discuss.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I would offer dak 30 mil a year and see what he does. Tell him he will be on the bench all year if he turns it down, and lance will play.
You would pay him 60m and not let him off the bench?

Kwyn

Reaction score

Brady had a shady business partner and they had a company TB12 that the patriots paid under the table, and actually right out in the open, during Brady’s “team friendly” deal. Company was paid millions and provided access to players at the team facility who were clients of the companies suspect “treatment”. Belichik wanted no part of it but Kraft and Brady basically told him to pound sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.